Jnaz

When is earliest possible to set up an interview?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Btw, I just received my NOA1 last friday 8/10/12 and i am stoked! Yay! :dance: But on to my question.. as excited as i am, i just spent the last hour reviewing other poster's timelines hoping to get an idea of how long before i get my NOA2 (crossing fingers that there are no RFEs), and i noticed that some couple already have an appointment date even before the consulate receives their packets. So now, my question is, when in the K1 Visa timeline/process can i set an appointment for my finacee's interview? I want to be present for her interview in Manila but my belief was that she cannot set up for an interview until the Manila Consulate calls her.. which makes it very difficult for me to plan my trip to the Philippines because of time constraints. Is this incorrect? Thanks in advance! :)

08.07.12 ::: FedExed K1 Petition to California Service Center

08.10.12 ::: NOA1 Text

08.16.12 ::: NOA1 Receipt received in the mail

04:19.13 ::: NOA2 Text and Email (Yay!)

My friend you are way ahead of the game to be planning such a move. Once you get your NOA 2 you will be a little closer to planning your trip given that the NVC is usually running with about a 30 day waiting time. Once your petition arrives at the NVC and you keep calling them to find out what the status of your petition is and on the day that they tell you that it has been shipped to the consulate then it is time to plan to go over there, depending on how much time you have to spend there. It takes about 4 days for your petition to arrive at the embassy, another week for them to put it in their system and depending on their backlog as much as a month to a month and a half to schedule an interview. Have patience, I was just like you wanting to know as much as I could so I could make plans but I learned to take things one day at the time and read, read, read.

Good luck in your journey.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Btw, I just received my NOA1 last friday 8/10/12 and i am stoked! Yay! :dance: But on to my question.. as excited as i am, i just spent the last hour reviewing other poster's timelines hoping to get an idea of how long before i get my NOA2 (crossing fingers that there are no RFEs), and i noticed that some couple already have an appointment date even before the consulate receives their packets. So now, my question is, when in the K1 Visa timeline/process can i set an appointment for my finacee's interview? I want to be present for her interview in Manila but my belief was that she cannot set up for an interview until the Manila Consulate calls her.. which makes it very difficult for me to plan my trip to the Philippines because of time constraints. Is this incorrect? Thanks in advance! :)

My wife was sent a letter and the time for the interview is posted on it. They give you quite a bit of notice. I think ours was about 2 months so you have time to make travel plans if you want to be present. If you do not like the time they give you may be able to call to get it changed but it might end up being later.

My wife was sent a letter and the time for the interview is posted on it. They give you quite a bit of notice. I think ours was about 2 months so you have time to make travel plans if you want to be present. If you do not like the time they give you may be able to call to get it changed but it might end up being later.

^^^ K-1'ers don't work like CR-1'ers do. K-1'ers have a different process.

K-1'ers have to schedule the interview themselves. Once they get their MNL case number from the NVC, they pay the visa application at BPI, and then they schedule the interview either online or by phone.

K-1'ers have to schedule the interview themselves. Once they get their MNL case number from the NVC, they pay the visa application at BPI, and then they schedule the interview either online or by phone.

:thumbs:

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we can schedule our appointment as soon as we attain our case number? Do i (the petitioner) call for an appointment or does my fiancee have to do it? Thanks!

Thanks Des for the advice.. i just get so anxious, but yes you are right. All i can do right now is try to relax and just wait. :whistle:

08.07.12 ::: FedExed K1 Petition to California Service Center

08.10.12 ::: NOA1 Text

08.16.12 ::: NOA1 Receipt received in the mail

04:19.13 ::: NOA2 Text and Email (Yay!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.