cabovisa1

Fiance Visa or Spousal Visa?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If we go the DCF route, can I stay here in Mexico while the process is taking place or do I need to be in the U.S? have you ever heard of anyone getting denied their visa after the interview? My fiancé has a clean history, he has never tried to illegally cross the boarder or any of that. We are just nervous because he was denied his tourist visa. Will that count against him in getting approved for the spousal visa? It's just that when he got denied for the tourist visa, the consulate woman didn't even listen to everything he had to say, they didn't review all of his paperwork ( bank accounts, letter of validation from American boss, etc) am I stressing out too soon or what are the chances? Did you stay in Mexico throughthe process?

Read up on what is needed to get married in Mexico and yes, you stay there with him for DCF, but you need a US income(or 3 times the required amount in assets) or joint sponsor for the affidavit of support. Here is the info for DCF: http://www.visajourney.com/content/dcf

Having been denied a tourist visa will not affect him getting approved for a spousal visa. It is very typical to be denied a tourist visa in Mexico, especially for a male. My husband was denied 3 times in a span of about 10 years. It had no affect on his K-1 approval.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Great! Thanks..... I am working currently in Mexico, so I don't have a U.S income. I do, however, have savings and own a car. What is the minimum amount you need to show support? Also, in my case, since I haven't worked in the U.S since 2011, and probably won't resume working until after we return to the U.S 2013, will bank statements serve as prood of assets?

I stayed in mexico while his paper CR-1 visa were in process! you do have to have a us address and a co sponsor in the usa(u wll be the main sponsor) I would marry him (civil) and have the prosses go on while you live here in mexico and prepare you wedding here in mexico. For us it took about 3- 4 months to get visa in hand! Once you have visa ...you have a certain amount of time to use it!! 6months from the issuing date it expires. My hubbys expires in Dec and we already went and came back. We are now in the mist of packing and selling our belongings. I should be getting my transfer back to the usa with in he next two months! B4 Dec we will be in the USA for good.

My husband also was denied turist visa twice b4. It realy has nothing to with one or the other.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.