hmpreet

Really Confused !! Help!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJs,

My Fiance received the packet 3 yesterday, We have most of the paper work under control but i am little confused on followings

1) Packet 3 (From New Delhi Embassy) states that Form I-134 should be notarized, here is the exact wording, I already send her the I-134 form with out notarized.

Affodavit of Support:

Note: Only U.S. consular officers, DHS officers and U.S. notaries are authorized to notarize form I-134.

Each visa applicant needs to satisfy the consular officer that he/she will not become a public charge. The petitioner must provide a notarized affidavit of support (form I-134), form 1040 and W2 for the most recent taxable year and proof of U.S. citizenship

2) one year tax return are enough or it should be 3 years ? (I just read some body mentioned that at least 3 years... )

3) Should we have to drop the DS-230 part1 form to nearest VFS office or directly to Embassy, they did'nt metioned any thing about VFS offices.

Thanks in Advance for your help!!

-hmpreet

Edited by hmpreet

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

#1 - I have read about Delhi embassy - Get it notarized and send it over

#2 - Depending on the income, if u are very close to the poverty guidelines, send the 3 years else one year is fine

#3 - If u have a VFS close by Drop it at the VFS location or u can email vfs with the scanned documents ( less than 2 MB in size )

I-129F process (K-1 visa):

07-21-2011 Applied

07-26-2011 NOA1 receipt

01-05-2012 NOA2 received, approval I-129F

01-11-2012 NVC Received

01-12-2012 NVC Left

01-24-2012 Consulate Received

02-08-2012 Packet 3 Received

03-26-2012 Packet 3 Sent

03-27-2012 Packet 4 Received

05-07-2012 Interview Date, approved

05-16-2012 Received K-1Visa

05-29-2012 Arrived in U.S.

AOS/EAD/AP (Adjusting from K1 Visa):

05-31-2012: Wedding

06-07-2012: Filed AOS/EAD/AP

06-11-2012: AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-10-2012: Case Transferred to CSC

07-20-2012: Biometrics Appt/Case received by CSC

08-15-2012: EAD/AP Approved

08-23-2012: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

01-07-2013: 1st Service Request ( Outside Processing Time )

02-24-2013: 2nd Service Request ( Outside Processing Time )

03-22-2013: AOS Approval without Interview

03-27-2013: Greencard Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.