vyx

Vaccinations required?

7 posts in this topic

Do you guys know what vaccinations required for a K1 visa? I guess they give these during the medical checkup? My fiance don't have any records of any vaccinations. I hope it won't be a lot of shots. ( About 10 years ago, I had about 6-7 shots within 2 hours and it was painful).

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I remember a list of vaccination on the HCMC website some time back.. Any shots that are not documented will be repeated to meet the requirements. some require multiple visits and will need to be addressed either before she asrrives or before AOS. get an extra copy of the vaccination record for the Dr here in the US... you dont want to have to pay to get the shots all over again here.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

USCIS Vaccination Requirements

And the Dr that you have to see will go over these with you

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

USCIS Vaccination Requirements

And the Dr that you have to see will go over these with you

Thanks for the link. Since K1 isn't an immigration visa, My fiance don't need those shots until she arrives in the states right? That's a lot of shot to take during the medical check up if they're going to require her to take it.

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No, K1 is considered an immigration visa. She will definitely have to get the shots. And I hear Vietnam is much tougher than other countries.

I have heard of fiance(e)s in the Philippines getting 6 shots at one time. My wife had to get 3, she had records of others.

Good luck

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They know what she will need when she goes to Cho Ray. If she has any docs take them with her, if not then they will do what she needs. Some take 3 visits to complete and may be completed in the US. cheaper in VN but there is a minimum timeframe between them. No need to worry about which ones she needs as the ones she needs she will get... as I said b4.. make sure she gets a copy of the vaccination report and brings it with her...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

once she received the appointment letter. she could come to the vaccination place. they will do a blood test to determine what she will need. if she has all the record of her vaccination, they might not do a blood test. My fiance got her first round of vaccination before the interview date. her interview is this Tuesday. we are very anxious for it haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.