London_Bird

expedited handling

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

I am new to VJ. My fiance and i filed for our k-1 visa at the end of last month and have requested expedited processing because he is in the military and has an upcoming deployment early next year. We have faxed off his Military ID and now are just waiting to find out if it will be approved for expediting or not. I wondered if anyone else has been through this and how long it takes for them to make a decision, and then once the decision is made, if it is in our favour, how long the processing then takes.

BY the way - we are using a FANTASTIC attorney and i would recommend them to anyone who is thinking about applying for a k-1 visa who doesnt already have an attorney. They have a wonderful online system that is user friendly, and also the 3 people in the assigned team to our case are the loveliest people ever and are so smart and helpful. Contact me if you want their info.

Look forward to your replies,

Thanks

Jodie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First up. As military members, we are prohibitied from photo copying our ID's due to OPSEC (Operational Security)

As per instructions, a military member can request expedited processing provided it meets several criterias, i.e., deployable orders and such.

You can have you fiance contact his legal office to draft a letter stating such orders. But make sure the letter is on "letter head" format to make it more legitimate.

I'm currently doing the same thing. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Me and my husband have requested an expedite of my Removal of Conditions on my GC for PCS reasons. We faxed the travel orders and two weeks later we got the approval which states that the procedure will be finalized within 45 days from the approval date. Hope this helps.

Good luck!

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Krishna Murti

"It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live

long enough to make them all yourself." Admiral Hyman Rickover

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there! We got the same case... my fiance will be on military deployment late this year so he expedited my k-1 visa petition (to fix things up before his deployment). We got approved in less than a week after the request was made. Goodluck! :blush:

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.