nika_ar

request for evidence - residence

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi there.

I got a request for more evidence not only financial records spamming from the day of the marriage to present date , finacial and residence. Finacial records are not hard, i really never got the impression from the 751 instructions that i should do that in first place.

Proof of residence, here is where it gets tricky. There are no bill under both of our names ... We had no idea!

The only thing i have with both of our names are:

- copies of the state IDs (issued middle 2011)

- financial records show with our names and address (2009 to present)

- a sad looking bill from when we put more insulation to the house (middle 2010)

- car insurance saying that my husband and myself are household residence ( middle 2011 , i dont have a driving license so i am not insurance under the policy)

Does the proof of residence have to spam from day of marriage to present day as well? anyone that could confirm yes or no to this would be great, specially since we have huge gaps in our time frame. Which leads me to ask:

Are bank statements good to prove join residence?

I cant think of anything else to send that shown residence, ideas are welcome.

we dont have kids, we own the house.

please, anyone?

Thanks in advance

Brian & Nika ♥

You should be fine. We don't have both names on utility bills, either. Read the pinned topic by Gary and Alla. We sent in:

tax transcripts from the last two years showing married filing jointly

several random bank statements (spanning the last two years) showing joint accounts

letter from new bank stating that we have joint checking and savings accounts

car title with both our names

paper showing he is my beneficiary in 401k and life insurance policy (he only recently found a job)

car insurance showing both names listed

renter's insurance showing both names covered

leases from the apt complex

notarized letter from my son affirming our relationship

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Timeline

thank you for your reply

well, i pretty much have the same evidence as you just stated, except i dont have a driver license so i cant own a car and we dont have health insurance or 401k.

We just put the house under my name as well (quit claim deed), and this document actually states my address as well. I think this is a great plus, since it shows that we share a house and share a home address.

I will also send in ALL our bank statements.

Thank you again, you actually brought a huge relieve with your post.

Brian & Nika ♥

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

thank you for your reply

well, i pretty much have the same evidence as you just stated, except i dont have a driver license so i cant own a car and we dont have health insurance or 401k.

We just put the house under my name as well (quit claim deed), and this document actually states my address as well. I think this is a great plus, since it shows that we share a house and share a home address.

I will also send in ALL our bank statements.

Thank you again, you actually brought a huge relieve with your post.

I just wanted to post a quick update on this. Everything went fine and i should be receiving the new green card on the mail soon. Thank you so much everyone, i just want to make a list of the evidence i sent in case anyone wants it as future reference.

I first filed i-751 on early january 2012 with this evidence included:

- copy of passport and green card

- 2 sworn affidavits from my husband relatives, copies of their ids and picture of us together with them.

- Pictures of my husband and I between 2010 and 2011 (8 pictures)

- taxes for 2010

- Letter from our credit union saying we both own the account since late 2009

- One bank statement from the bank account we open in late 2011

- the check for the filling fee + biometrics fee.

Then in early july 2012 i got a letter requesting more evidence. Key factor being evidence spamming from the day of the marriage to present day for shared assets and residence, so i sent this:

- both banks statements from 2009 to 2012 (all of them), showing shared assets with both of our names on the statements.

- full tax returns for 2009, 2010, 2011 plus all w2 and 1090 for all those years.

- Copy of recorded Quit Claim Deed of our own property showing both our names and current common residence.

- Vehicle insurance showing my husband and myself as household residents under the same address. Since i don't have a driver license my name can't be in the car deed according to michigan laws.

- Michigan issued state IDS for my husband and myself showing same address.

- Home improvement bill under my husband and myself showing common residence.

Mailed it back on august 13th and a week later i got an email confirmation that my case is moving forward (i subscribed to their email notification for case status updates) and today i got another email notification that the card has been mail to me. Just so you know i did not get an email saying they will be requesting more evidence, so apparently that is not part of their email notification system. It took 6 months and a few days for them to get to my case but thats what their timeline said it would, no surprises there.

Looking back it makes sense to send evidence spamming from the day of the marriage to present day, i just never got that impression from reading the instructions for the i-751 form and the lack of bills under both our names made me wonder if what i had was enough, in the end everything went fine and im extremely happy i can get this out of my head =D

Thanks again.

Brian & Nika ♥

Congratulations! :dance:

Glad everything went well!

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! :dance:

Glad everything went well!

I do not understand why they need from marriage date to current?

they should have all of our financial information upto the date of the first interview.

i think we only need send them the new stuff after the first interview.

Edited by ashbey

06/10/10 Married

06/26/10 Prepared all Documents

06/30/10 Medical Records Sealed

07/02/10 Ceremony

07/07/10 Mailed by Fedex Overnight

07/08/10 USCIS Received all Packages

07/15/10 Received 9 emails and 9 text

07/19/10 Received all 3 NOA Letters

07/24/10 Received Biometric App Letter

08/09/10 Fingerprint Done on Letter Date

08/10/10 I-765&I-485 Touched

08/23/10 Interview Letter received for Sep. 24

09/02/10 1st EAD Production Notification

09/03/10 2nd EAD Production Notification

09/07/10 EAD Card Received

09/24/10 Interview - Approved on Site

09/24/10 Card Production Email/SMS received

08/21/12 Sent I-751 for ROC

08/22/12 I-751 Delivered at CSC and NOA1 Printed.

08/24/12 NOA1 Mailed to me

08/27/12 Received I-751 NOA1

08/28/12 ASC App Noitce Printed and Mailed

08/30/12 ASC App Noitce Letter Received

09/25/12 ASC Appointment Scheduled.

04/16/13 10 Years GC Approved

06/06/13 Card Production Ordered

06/10/13 Card Sent From KY

06/12/13 Card Received

Filed: Timeline

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight I would recommend to couples that just got married to go out of your way to make sure you get any receipts, bills, accounts made out/put in both your names. While I think doing this is a little unnatural, it will in the long run aid your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.