dbcroasman

co sponsor

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone. we will goin to use a co sponsor for my k1 petition is it okay to get a family friend as a co sponsor since my mother in law is already retired and no work right now. hope to hear from you guys...thanks VJ..

That can only be determined by the CO at the time of your interview. Theoretically, it might be okay at some consulates, but Manila is known for not guaranteeing the acceptance of a cosponsor for K-1. In cases that I have read about a cosponsor being accepted, it was usually an immediate family member. This doesn't mean you don't have a chance, but nobody can tell you 100% if Manila will accept your cosponsor or not. I would suggest searching the threads. Read what others in your position have gone through and whether they were successful. There are a lot of threads here concerning cosponsors and Manila.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

"is it okay to get a family friend as a co sponsor since my mother in law is already retired and no work right now."

To answer your question, YES. A family friend can be a co-sponser. But, as ToddnJessa states, Manila typically does not allow co-sponsers.

But, if after researching here, you decide to proceed with a co-sponser, then a friend can be a co-sponser.

Timeline

To answer your question, YES. A family friend can be a co-sponser. But, as ToddnJessa states, Manila typically does not allow co-sponsers.

But, if after researching here, you decide to proceed with a co-sponser, then a friend can be a co-sponser.

thanks for the info,i remember when we do the CRBA/PASSPORT for my son we asked the CO if they can accept co sponsor and he was nice and told us yes WE DO. we just forget to ask if family friend is okay, anyway thank you sooo much...

thanks for the info,i remember when we do the CRBA/PASSPORT for my son we asked the CO if they can accept co sponsor and he was nice and told us yes WE DO. we just forget to ask if family friend is okay, anyway thank you sooo much...

I wasn't suggesting you should proceed with a co-sponser. As TandJ and I have stated...It's almost impossible to get approved using a co-sponsor at the Manila embassy.

If you wish to proceed this way, good luck. I would not believe what a CO may have mentioned to you when you are there for a different matter.

Anyway, I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed if you go this route. Hopefully not.

As TandJ suggested, you should really thoroughly research the posts that talk about this. You may get some idea of how to prepare for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you must use a co-sponsor, I would strongly suggest getting married; you can have a joint sponsor for the CR-1 spousal visa but not the K1.

Why is your petitioner below the poverty line? The reason seems to matter for USEM, ie if he's a student due to make good money ina year or so, you have a small chance of approval, but if he just never had a well paying job or is disabled, chanes are practically nil, especially with a co-sponsor who is not a close relative.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

If you must use a co-sponsor, I would strongly suggest getting married; you can have a joint sponsor for the CR-1 spousal visa but not the K1.

Why is your petitioner below the poverty line? The reason seems to matter for USEM, ie if he's a student due to make good money ina year or so, you have a small chance of approval, but if he just never had a well paying job or is disabled, chanes are practically nil, especially with a co-sponsor who is not a close relative.

we`re living together in the philippines for almost 4 yrs with our 3y/o son he just went back to US with our son last December 26,2012 he have online business since 2008 but makes us worried if its enough proof for the support but he`s ebay business is doing great as of now and getting better all the time, he will goin to start to work again next month i hope it will be okay,

we`re living together in the philippines for almost 4 yrs with our 3y/o son he just went back to US with our son last December 26,2012 he have online business since 2008 but makes us worried if its enough proof for the support but he`s ebay business is doing great as of now and getting better all the time, he will goin to start to work again next month i hope it will be okay,

4 years is a long time. You guys could have gotten married there, and it would have probably been easier for you to obtain a IR-1/CR-1 visa. If his online business makes an annual income of 125% of the poverty level or higher for the size of his household, you would not need a cosponsor. It doesn't matter if his business is online or not, employed by others or self-employed. If he can prove his income is enough with tax returns, pay stubs, bank statements etc., then he wouldn't need a cosponsor.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

is it okay to ask why didn't you marry when you were together in the philippines for a long time. most filipino parents (not all) would raise their eyebrows for couples especially their kids staying together having a child and not getting married to honor family's name. my mom would never understand. but it is your own business why you didn't get married. God bless and good luck on your journey. just my personal opinion. no offense intended.

this question can be raised during the interview. so, a valid prepared answer could come in handy. good luck once again.

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.