WaitingStill

Received NOA2

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all,

I'm probably just being "#######," but I received the hard copy of my NOA2 today and it says "The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate."

I suppose this means that they routed it to NVC for forwarding to the embassy, right? Because it says to contact the consulate with any questions, but there is no mention of the National Visa Center.

Guess I'm just confused, as always.

thanks

Congrats, first of all! :)

CSC will forward it to the NVC for you.

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I'm probably just being "#######," but I received the hard copy of my NOA2 today and it says "The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate."

I suppose this means that they routed it to NVC for forwarding to the embassy, right? Because it says to contact the consulate with any questions, but there is no mention of the National Visa Center.

Guess I'm just confused, as always.

thanks

that's weird. yap your right it should state that they will forward it to nvc and it will take 2-4wks before giving you a unique #. then after nvc completed your case it will be forwarded to the embassy where your fiance is....hhhmmm that what it say here on my noa2.

yours is kinda way different...why they will forward that right away without case# yet?? are you sure that's your approval from USCIS not from NVC?? kinda sound it come from NVC.

by the way...congrats!!!!

Edited by takis

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

thanks everyone. I found an old thread and apparently this is just how the notice is worded. Service centers do not send petitions directly to the consulate. Everything goes through the NVC. But it is a "routing" thing...As far as the service center is concerned, they have sent the packet to the consulate by way of the NVC. Now it makes sense.

By the way, I read the entire notice and it got me thinking. The last paragraph is their standard notice that they reserve the right to verify the information submitted in the application, etc. etc. You know, when we begin this K1 visa journey, we think only about our own situations, and the situation of those similarly situated. I for one have never considered it from the USCIS point of view. But there is an entirely different world out there since 9/11. There are people all over the world who want to do us harm. And in order for them to do it, they have to come here. And now I see the impossible position that USCIS has to occupy. Do their best to screen the people trying to get in, while at the same time do their best to accommodate those of us who are legitimate and just want to get on with our lives.

Just gives me a different perspective. Thanks again for the input, everyone. This site is truly a wonderful resource for calm in a stress filled period of our lives!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.