shilpa.m

visa approved: passport under process at us embassy

8 posts in this topic

i had my interview at new delhi US embassy yesterday. everything went smooth i was interviewed by an indian officer first who didnt ask much. he just asked 1 questions:

q) who is calling you?

i was handed over the originals alongwith form DS 230 part 2 and was asked to wait for my token no. to be called. after wiating for an hour and a half i was called at the window no. 23. the american consular officer took the interview. i was asked to take an oath and sign a form( dont remember which form). the CO asked me a few questions as follows:

q1) who is calling you?

q2) how did you meet?

q3) how many times has he visited india?

q4) is it going to be your first marriage?

q5) it is going to be your fiance's first marriage?

q6) are your parents going to attend the marriage in the US?

q7) is it an arranged marriage?

good your visa is approved you should recieve it in 4-5 days.he kept my passport. i was told by the VFS to check the status online after 2 pm the next day. i checked it today and it says that my passport is under process at US embassy/consulate.. what does it mean? does it mean that the case is under additional processing or is it a normal processing that they do before putting a visa on the passport? how long does the new delhi US embassy takes to issues the visa after interview? does VFS sends an SMS or an email to inform the applicants that they have recieved their passport with the visa?anyone who's been through this please come forward and help me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i had my interview at new delhi US embassy yesterday. everything went smooth i was interviewed by an indian officer first who didnt ask much. he just asked 1 questions:

q) who is calling you?

i was handed over the originals alongwith form DS 230 part 2 and was asked to wait for my token no. to be called. after wiating for an hour and a half i was called at the window no. 23. the american consular officer took the interview. i was asked to take an oath and sign a form( dont remember which form). the CO asked me a few questions as follows:

q1) who is calling you?

q2) how did you meet?

q4) is it going to be your first marriage?

q5) it is going to be your fiance's first marriage?

q6) are your parents going to attend the marriage in the US?

q7) is it an arranged marriage?

good your visa is approved you should recieve it in 4-5 days.he kept my passport. i was told by the VFS to check the status online after 2 pm the next day. i checked it today and it says that my passport is under process at US embassy/consulate.. what does it mean? does it mean that the case is under additional processing or is it a normal processing that they do before putting a visa on the passport? how long does the new delhi US embassy takes to issues the visa after interview? does VFS sends an SMS or an email to inform the applicants that they have recieved their passport with the visa?anyone who's been through this please come forward and help me.

Heartly Congratulations.

My fiancee has an interview at Mumbai on 16h August, I have a question. How did you prepare for the question "Are your parents going to attend the marriage in US? Did you have any tickets booked? Did you have any documents or Proof for that?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

thank u all...interview is not a big deal just be honest and confident while answering. answer only what is aksed for as precisely as possible. the answers to my questions were:

q1) who is calling you?

ans) my fiance, (name)

q2) how did you meet?

ans) introduced by family who were neighbourors and family friends before his family moved to america. we met online.

ans) twice( i mentioned when and for how many days)

q4) are you parents going to attend the marriage in the US? if no, why?

ans) no, but we are planning a grand reception party for which they will be joining us.

q5) is it arranged marriage?

ans) no, i would call it an introduced + love marriage. although we were introduced by our families, it was only after we fell in love with each other that we decided to get engaged. ( he was smiling while i was answering this question dont know why).

he made some updates on his computer after the whole interview.

does anyone know why does the embassy takes so long to put a visa stamp on the passport...ever since the interview my passport is under process at the US embassy...i was told i would recieve it in 3-4 days...i am really starting to worry now as i have read a few posts here in VJ that even after the visa was approved, people were put into administrative processing...is this normal to recieve a status that says that the passport is under process at the embassy??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.