Louza

Your experience with Cairo CO's

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I noticed (from reading on VJ) how in some countries (Nigeria, Pakistan etc) people have a tough time dealing with the CO's at the respective embassy. I guess because of the high risk of fraud.

What's it like in Cairo? Please share your experiences so as to shed some light for the rest of us who are still waiting for their interviews.

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I noticed (from reading on VJ) how in some countries (Nigeria, Pakistan etc) people have a tough time dealing with the CO's at the respective embassy. I guess because of the high risk of fraud.

What's it like in Cairo? Please share your experiences so as to shed some light for the rest of us who are still waiting for their interviews.

Thank you.

Hi,

Its hard to say given the region, political arena, and the fact a few bad apples have spoiled the bunch many CO's are erring on the side of extreme caution. My hubby is from Jordan and it is my understanding that all men are automatically put in mandatory AP that can be as little as few weeks to over a year with an average time of 5 months.

Just do your best to have lots of proof of relationship and all your paperwork is in order. Wish the best for you two!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thank you.

My husband (then fiance) had a very nice CO to interview him in Cairo. After going to several windows he did speak to a couple that weren't pleasant. He didn't have Administrative Processing and received his visa quickly.Look over the reviews of others from Egypt. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Egypt&cty=&dfilter=5

Be prepared and alert at the interview, get plenty of rest and try not to be nervous :) The best of luck to you on your continued journey:)

event.png

event.png

Timeline

From what I've observed on VJ women seem to have an easier time and less of a wait for the visa when going through Cairo. My dh had a pleasant interview experience and said it went very well like chit chat for five minutes before he got the approval.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

My husband (then fiance) had a very nice CO to interview him in Cairo. After going to several windows he did speak to a couple that weren't pleasant. He didn't have Administrative Processing and received his visa quickly.Look over the reviews of others from Egypt. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Egypt&cty=&dfilter=5

Be prepared and alert at the interview, get plenty of rest and try not to be nervous :) The best of luck to you on your continued journey:)

Thank you for the reviews link (& well wishes), didn't know about that.

Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa

My husband originally had his interview scheduled for May 23rd but it was rescheduled for May 30th because of the elections. He arrived around 7:30 am to the appointment. He told me that the consul that he had was very friendly and she asked many basic questions. He was approved with no admin review and was told he would get his visa within 2 weeks time He had a feeling he would get the visa when they had him pay for DHL before the interview. Anyways, we received the visa package by DHL yesterday June 5th.

Interesting..if you aren't going to get the Visa they wouldn't make you pay for the DHL fee in advance. I guess they make up their minds even before the person is interviewed.

Timeline

Thank you for the reviews link (& well wishes), didn't know about that.

Interesting..if you aren't going to get the Visa they wouldn't make you pay for the DHL fee in advance. I guess they make up their minds even before the person is interviewed.

If they keep your passport and they deny you, you still pay the dhl fee to have your passport returned to you. Either way the fee is paid :(

event.png

event.png

Timeline

From what I've observed on VJ women seem to have an easier time and less of a wait for the visa when going through Cairo. My dh had a pleasant interview experience and said it went very well like chit chat for five minutes before he got the approval.

Yes it does appear that the females go through alot faster than males. Some men stay on AP for months :(

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My hubby had a simple, short interview and says his CO was very pleasant and easy to talk to. He had absolutely no problems with her. He had lots of evidence with him but wasn't asked for many of it, not even my updated tax info. CO told him he was approved but the case had to undergo mandatory AP. They didn't keep his passport. He DID pay the DHL fee. He did have AP. but overall the experience was pleasant I must say. Btw, my hubby doesn't speak much English and his very American CO was able to speak enough Arabic to conduct the interview well without a translator.

USCIS

Sept. 22, 2011 - NOA1

March 13, 2012 - NOA2 (via text/email)

NVC

March 19, 2012 - Case received at NVC (in building)

April 02, 2012 - Received case #, IIN, submitted email addresses

April 03, 2012 - AOS bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 03, 2012 - emailed DS-3032

April 04, 2012 - AOS fee cleared from bank account

April 06, 2012 - DS-3032 acceptance email received

April 10, 2012 - AOS payment 'PAID'; AOS package sent

April 16, 2012 - AOS accepted/completed

April 25, 2012 - IV bill invoiced & paid; 'IN PROCESS'

April 27, 2012 - IV payment 'PAID'; IV package sent

May 01, 2012 - NVC case complete!!!

May 09, 2012 - Received interview notification email

May 10, 2012 - Case was sent to embassy

May 16, 2012 - Medical Appointment

June 04, 2012 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.