6 posts in this topic

Hi VJ Friends...

I have some quick questions here...

1. In form AR-11 Alien's Change of Address here is

I am in the United states as a : - visitor, - permanent resident,- student, - other ?

(My situation is that My case is still pending with marriage based to USC and i came here on H1b in november 2008

So what I should Fill up there?

(DO I NEED TO FILL UP AOS PENDING?)

AND

2. If not a permanent resident then my stay in the US Expires on ...... ?

( now my visa was valid upto november 2011 and my interview was on june 2011 and my EAD will expire on (that i renewed 2nd time) 04/25/2013) what date i need to fill out at that question ?

Thanks for your replies friends...

and good luck in your GC journey..

Hi VJ Friends...

I have some quick questions here...

1. In form AR-11 Alien's Change of Address here is

I am in the United states as a : - visitor, - permanent resident,- student, - other ?

(My situation is that My case is still pending with marriage based to USC and i came here on H1b in november 2008

So what I should Fill up there?

(DO I NEED TO FILL UP AOS PENDING?)

AND

2. If not a permanent resident then my stay in the US Expires on ...... ?

( now my visa was valid upto november 2011 and my interview was on june 2011 and my EAD will expire on (that i renewed 2nd time) 04/25/2013) what date i need to fill out at that question ?

Thanks for your replies friends...

and good luck in your GC journey..

I would put your current confirmed status which is the H1B that expired in November 2011 for the AR-11. However, you also have a pending application which you must file a change of address for and that is where you put the AOS application that is pending.

Good luck,

Dave

I would put your current confirmed status which is the H1B that expired in November 2011 for the AR-11. However, you also have a pending application which you must file a change of address for and that is where you put the AOS application that is pending.

Good luck,

Dave

thanks my friend for your reply but the thing is they are asking my status now

1. I am in the United states as a.... (they are not asking that how i entered here) they are asking for the current status.

2. and for 2nd one If not a permanent resident,my stay in the US expires on: (My visa already over on november 2011....and working on EAD...by married with USC... So what you think EAD's Expiration date will be good to fill up in the form....because i heard that when You start AOS process your visa does not matter when is going to Expire...)

I am confused now..coupld someone please help me here..

Thanks guys

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've never had to do one of those forms, but it seems logical to me that you would either put "AOS applicant" for #1 or put the visa you entered on.

And for #2, I would put N/A

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

thanks my friend for your reply but the thing is they are asking my status now

1. I am in the United states as a.... (they are not asking that how i entered here) they are asking for the current status.

2. and for 2nd one If not a permanent resident,my stay in the US expires on: (My visa already over on november 2011....and working on EAD...by married with USC... So what you think EAD's Expiration date will be good to fill up in the form....because i heard that when You start AOS process your visa does not matter when is going to Expire...)

I am confused now..coupld someone please help me here..

Thanks guys

That's the rub. Your current status is out-of-status with authorized stay pending the adjustment of status. You were admitted on the HIB which expired in November 2011, but you filed for AOS before that visa expired. It is a lot like a K-1 visa hold that files for AOS before or even after the I-94 expires, but the AOS is still pending. You are in a limbo state of legal stay. The only reason you are filing the AR-11 is because teh AOS is pending--right? I would hope they could connect the dots that you were admitted on an H1B it is expired so why is he filing a change of address, oh, it is because he has a pending AOS case with us. Oh way, this is the government you are dealing with. I am think now that you should put down "pending lawful resident" and "N/A" for #2.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

I've never had to do one of those forms, but it seems logical to me that you would either put "AOS applicant" for #1 or put the visa you entered on.

And for #2, I would put N/A

That sounds good to me.... Thanks my friend

That's the rub. Your current status is out-of-status with authorized stay pending the adjustment of status. You were admitted on the HIB which expired in November 2011, but you filed for AOS before that visa expired. It is a lot like a K-1 visa hold that files for AOS before or even after the I-94 expires, but the AOS is still pending. You are in a limbo state of legal stay. The only reason you are filing the AR-11 is because teh AOS is pending--right? I would hope they could connect the dots that you were admitted on an H1B it is expired so why is he filing a change of address, oh, it is because he has a pending AOS case with us. Oh way, this is the government you are dealing with. I am think now that you should put down "pending lawful resident" and "N/A" for #2.

Good luck,

Dave

Thanks Dave... thats what I was thinking.

Thanks for your reply... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.