Joanne n Thanh

Woking Medical is CLOSING

37 posts in this topic

OH MY GOSH....I'm so relieved.......I live on Vancouver Island so it's no biggy as I would have to go the night before anyways... Best news of my day...

Thanks

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the requirements are all still the same. When I had mine done a couple of weeks ago it worked out fairly well. Free parking and the lab isn't difficult to get to, especially because you can book an appointment almost any day.

Any day for appointments? Not just Wednesday... That's awesome. What about their hours for the medicals? Is it still the same early morning thing?

Thanks for the info.

Terri

Fiance visa

02/24/2012 - NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

Filed: Timeline

Wonderful news - Just made my day!!

Did someone already go thru their office to complete the medical exam? Thoughts? Opinions? Advice?

Yeah, I went through their office about two weeks ago. They book appointments any time of the day, 6 days a week. One of my friends even had it done on a Sunday. Scheduling aside, the appointment itself was pretty smooth. The MD was very helpful and considerate. I had no issues.

Any day for appointments? Not just Wednesday... That's awesome. What about their hours for the medicals? Is it still the same early morning thing?

Thanks for the info.

Terri

As far as I know, they don't have any set hours for the medical examinations. You can book any time I think. Give them a call to make sure.

Edited by ssss1

Yeah, I went through their office about two weeks ago. They book appointments any time of the day, 6 days a week. One of my friends even had it done on a Sunday.

As far as I know, they don't have any set hours for the medical examinations. You can book any time I think. Give them a call to make sure.

This information makes me giddy.

many thanks

Terri

Fiance visa

02/24/2012 - NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

So sorry to all that have to go to Surrey. At least the cost of the examination makes up for it. ($350 at Woking to $275).

*Difference of $75 ... geez ... *

I'd email or call the new place about getting an extra copy, to find out that price.

Good luck... all

XYlOm10.pngGSPYm10.png
AOS: 2012-12-28
NOA's x 2: 2012-01-04
Bio App: 2012-02-05 (Honolulu, HAWAII)
Upcoming AOS Interview (March 21) RESCHEDULED between March 28 - June 6
EAD/AP combo card: 2013-03-15
AOS interview: APRIL 16th approved
Green Card: April 25th 2013 - 2015

ROC: 2015-Jan-20
NOA: 2015-Jan-27

BIO Appt: 2015-Feb-24

Approved: 2015-May-26

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aw, kind of sad to hear that about Woking, but relieved that all of you have a place to go that isn't all the way in Eastern Canada. They were very nice at Woking and did a good job so that my case was pretty straightforward. They were also reasonably close to the consulate to boot.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!

I am mostly a lurker on this forum but thought I'd actually post for a change :) I am going for my interview and medical soon for my K1 visa, and have emailed Dr. Cheema's office about getting a copy of the medical. They stated that they were not allowed to give a copy of the medical, unfortunately.

Edited by Posy

Hello!

I am mostly a lurker on this forum but thought I'd actually post for a change :) I am going for my interview and medical soon for my K1 visa, and have emailed Dr. Cheema's office about getting a copy of the medical. They stated that they were not allowed to give a copy of the medical, unfortunately.

Yes I received the same info today from them. Too bad as many have had horror stories about their packet contents being lost. Which of course causes more delays. Keep us posted on your experience.

much appreciated

Terri

Fiance visa

02/24/2012 - NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow that sucks. Glad I was there at the end of May. I feel like I kind of owe most of my life to Woking as my medical resulted in emergency surgery 2 weeks later to have a massive tumor removed :( Luckily it was all good and exactly 6 weeks later my dr. gave me the clear to travel so I POE this Thursday! :) Hope the new dr. works out well for all the west side people.

Hi there!

I just received my letter from the Consulate in Vancouver stating that I can now schedule my medical exam and then my interview. (yay!!)

I e-mailed the Doctors office two days ago and phoned today just to follow up, but still haven't heard anything.

For those who have gone through Dr. Cheema's office, how long did the process take from your e-mail or phone call to your appointment?

Yes I received the same info today from them. Too bad as many have had horror stories about their packet contents being lost. Which of course causes more delays. Keep us posted on your experience.

much appreciated

Terri

I had received this same info from them when I had my medical done. However, if your medical gets lost, they can e-mail a copy to the consulate (at least, this is what I was told). Apparently, Woking was not supposed to be giving out copies of medicals to the clients.

Edited by ssss1

Hi there!

I just received my letter from the Consulate in Vancouver stating that I can now schedule my medical exam and then my interview. (yay!!)

I e-mailed the Doctors office two days ago and phoned today just to follow up, but still haven't heard anything.

For those who have gone through Dr. Cheema's office, how long did the process take from your e-mail or phone call to your appointment?

I booked it by phone and had it made right away. I don't think they had the e-mail system back when I did it

I booked it by phone and had it made right away. I don't think they had the e-mail system back when I did it

Thanks so much for your response! I actually heard back from them today, which is a big relief! It took a few days to hear back by e-mail and a phone call, but it's worth it in the end.. Now it's time to schedule my interview :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I recently went through Dr. Cheema's office. I was very happy with the results.. I have seen his name on the MTL page for a few months now (ie: this isn't something new,) but there was no information on this forum about the office. They have a web site as well that's recently been added to the consulate document (at least for MTL.)

Some information/Tips:

1. Office is located about 120th (Scott Road,) and 72nd. You'll have to bus it, since there's not any skytrain nearby.

2. Test on one day, get the results *late* the next day. I did it on the Saturday, with the package ready on the Monday around 4pm. Keep this in mind if you're flying in and then getting medical.

3. Scheduling is a breeze. Email them at the address on the medical information sheet, or call and leave a message (answering service, not operator.)

4. I believe appts can be made Mon-Sat, but a Saturday appt means pick up results on the Monday.

5. The labs are located a few blocks up 120th. If they're busy, could take a while, but I went through both in about 30 min combined.

6. The Dr made me feel very comfortable, and is very professional. Goes over all the paperwork with you, then sends you for your blood and xray.

7. Received my package, plus x-ray results on disk. They said to bring the x-ray results to the meeting as well.

8. Also takes Debit, and I'm sure they probably take Cash and/or Visa/MC.

Over-all I was really happy, and it seemed a lot easier than what I'd read about Woking, outside of the time between testing and results. Hope this helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much for your response! I actually heard back from them today, which is a big relief! It took a few days to hear back by e-mail and a phone call, but it's worth it in the end.. Now it's time to schedule my interview :)

When is your appointment? I just emailed them today and was wondering what their appointment schedule is like. :)

I recently went through Dr. Cheema's office. I was very happy with the results.. I have seen his name on the MTL page for a few months now (ie: this isn't something new,) but there was no information on this forum about the office. They have a web site as well that's recently been added to the consulate document (at least for MTL.)Some information/Tips:1. Office is located about 120th (Scott Road,) and 72nd. You'll have to bus it, since there's not any skytrain nearby.2. Test on one day, get the results *late* the next day. I did it on the Saturday, with the package ready on the Monday around 4pm. Keep this in mind if you're flying in and then getting medical.3. Scheduling is a breeze. Email them at the address on the medical information sheet, or call and leave a message (answering service, not operator.)4. I believe appts can be made Mon-Sat, but a Saturday appt means pick up results on the Monday.5. The labs are located a few blocks up 120th. If they're busy, could take a while, but I went through both in about 30 min combined.6. The Dr made me feel very comfortable, and is very professional. Goes over all the paperwork with you, then sends you for your blood and xray.7. Received my package, plus x-ray results on disk. They said to bring the x-ray results to the meeting as well.8. Also takes Debit, and I'm sure they probably take Cash and/or Visa/MC.Over-all I was really happy, and it seemed a lot easier than what I'd read about Woking, outside of the time between testing and results. Hope this helps someone.

That is too bad that he doesn't give results on the same day. Does that mean I need to book my medical 2 days before my interview so that I can bring the results with me to my interview?

I understand that for the AOS, I will need to do another medical exam, but that the results from this test will be good for one year. Woking was able to provide an additional copy of the results. From reading this thread, it sounds like Dr Cheema will not be offering that. Does that mean that I will have to do another medical later for my AOS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.