Jeff and Hanh

2 questions

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok thanks alot all you guys, sorry I'm a pain but I want to be with my fiancee.

You seem awfully quick to throw in the towel. And working as an English teacher in a reasonable school is a lot more of a headache than you can imagine.

There are plenty of VJ members who are union members and qualify for sponsorship. But you have to be earning an income. Or have a chunk of cash/assets to replace the income shortfall.

Getting married there and moving to the US still requires an affidavit of support to obtain a visa.

If the goal is to live together in the US, then plan accordingly. Yes, you will be a part for some months. That's just part of the choices we make.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You seem awfully quick to throw in the towel. And working as an English teacher in a reasonable school is a lot more of a headache than you can imagine.

There are plenty of VJ members who are union members and qualify for sponsorship. But you have to be earning an income. Or have a chunk of cash/assets to replace the income shortfall.

Getting married there and moving to the US still requires an affidavit of support to obtain a visa.

If the goal is to live together in the US, then plan accordingly. Yes, you will be a part for some months. That's just part of the choices we make.

Actually that is what is so frustrating, like I said this year I have already made more then enough, same with last year, I just got back from working in afganistan July 15th. But my job here is never steady, and not with one company, its with one union but not one company. Actually on the document that asked about work history I put Pacific NW Carpenters Union Spokane WA, and then on a seperate paper listed the jobs I had through them. I could get a letter from the Union, that I have worked through them since 2001 with the exception of last year when I was in Afganistan.

I mean if they would look at my job history, and all that it isn't that difficult. There are slow time, especially up here in the winter, and there are times you work 60 or 70 hour a week.

And if we forget wages and go with assits I would be borderline.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

cant you just use your 2011 returns? It may be cutting it close but just submit them, and if the tax season comes up before the interview, simply get a tax extension and provide the embassy with that for 2012. You can email it to her the day before the interview if you like, they dont have to be originals. Am I off on this guys? It seems to me in my "4 beers in state" that this is not even a problem. 9 months from now, (which is about the time frame for the k1) is May. What's wrong with the extension?

Timeline

cant you just use your 2011 returns? It may be cutting it close but just submit them, and if the tax season comes up before the interview, simply get a tax extension and provide the embassy with that for 2012. You can email it to her the day before the interview if you like, they dont have to be originals. Am I off on this guys? It seems to me in my "4 beers in state" that this is not even a problem. 9 months from now, (which is about the time frame for the k1) is May. What's wrong with the extension?

No the problem is not money or tax returns, its the letter from employer. My fiancee told me to quit worrying, we will try with my pay stubs, tax returns ect. (I think I will get a letter from the Union) if we get denied we will get married in viatnam and I will live there until we can get the other visa. She said it doesn't matter to her where we live as long as its together.

As of now once I get the NOA-1 in the mail I'm going to go to vietnam for a month or so, I have only been there once for 3 weeks, then we met in thailand for 3 weeks, so a few more trips will be good anyways.

Good night everyone

Timeline

No the problem is not money or tax returns, its the letter from employer. My fiancee told me to quit worrying, we will try with my pay stubs, tax returns ect. (I think I will get a letter from the Union) if we get denied we will get married in viatnam and I will live there until we can get the other visa. She said it doesn't matter to her where we live as long as its together.

As of now once I get the NOA-1 in the mail I'm going to go to vietnam for a month or so, I have only been there once for 3 weeks, then we met in thailand for 3 weeks, so a few more trips will be good anyways.

Good night everyone

Oh and my sister said she would sponser her if do have to go the K-3 route! So that takes some strain off us if we have to go that route.

Timeline

Trust me, she wants to come to the U.S. Are you in your 20s by any chance?

I wish I was in my 20's LOL I'm 47. And I don't know I think she does in away but she also says her parents are getting older and all her family is there, well except for 2 sisters. She has a good job she loves too and is worried she can't do as well here in her field. She is a graphic designer, and does rather well. She said she always dreamed of visiting the USA but never really thought of moving here until she met me, and she does worry about the cost of living and stuff here.

I told her yes its expensive here but we also get paid well most of the time. Its kinda funny her name is H. Nguyen too, Hanh

Timeline

Let me visualize this love story in my head. A middle life (whether still functional with or without the assistance of ED medicine or not is still questionable in the air) man falls in love with a PROFESSIONAL doing well on her own lady in a VERY POOR country with ALMOST ALL of her family members already in the US.

ALMOST ALL of her family members already in the US???

Timeline

Oh and my sister said she would sponser her if do have to go the K-3 route! So that takes some strain off us if we have to go that route.

If your sister is willing to be the joint sponsor then you've overcome what appears to be the biggest hurdle. If you're able to go to VN and marry, then petition it should work out. Doing the K1 and using a joint sponsor is just too much of a ####### shoot at HCMC.

You could even be there with her through the interview as you've got a life established in the US and thus will satisfy the US domicile requirement.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

ALMOST ALL of her family members already in the US???

No I said one of the things that makes her not worried about comming to america is her family is in vietnam, she does have a sister in Canada and one in france, the only family in the states is an aunt, which I don't know much about she doesn't talk much about her.

And I am fully functional, although I will admit building bridges and such kicks my butt sometime's since its usually heavy timber not 2x4's we use lol!!! Might have to find a less physically demanding job sometime, but to be honest I love the hard work outside.

Timeline

If your sister is willing to be the joint sponsor then you've overcome what appears to be the biggest hurdle. If you're able to go to VN and marry, then petition it should work out. Doing the K1 and using a joint sponsor is just too much of a ####### shoot at HCMC.

You could even be there with her through the interview as you've got a life established in the US and thus will satisfy the US domicile requirement.

Yes I plan on being there for her interveiw, don't think I can actually go in with her right? Hey just got my paper NOA-1 in the mail.So I will head over to vietnam here shortily for a little while.

Now we are going to try the K-1, and if that doesn't work we will try what I thought was the K-3 but it sounds like I might be wrong, don't know what this I-130 even is. Now you can't change paths halfway thru can you?

Ok my mom is here so might not be on as much but will check now and then.

Timeline

You can go in with her if you're a USC. Just bring your passport.

If you're serious about bringing her over here, you really need to do some research so you can navigate through all the paperworks.

Maybe I should've said IR-1. An I-130 is a petition you file with USCIS to apply for an IR-1 visa for your wife. Just like the I-129F you filed for the K-1.

I believe the K-3 allows your wife to come to the U.S. sooner while waiting for the IR-1 to be approve.

Research throughly, then decide what route you want to go. Don't file a petition and change path halfway through. That'll just create confusion for you, USCIS, and the consulate....

Your mom? Aren't you 47? LOL

Edited by h_nguyen

Timeline

You can go in with her if you're a USC. Just bring your passport.

If you're serious about bringing her over here, you really need to do some research so you can navigate through all the paperworks.

Maybe I should've said IR-1. An I-130 is a petition you file with USCIS to apply for an IR-1 visa for your wife. Just like the I-129F you filed for the K-1.

I believe the K-3 allows your wife to come to the U.S. sooner while waiting for the IR-1 to be approve.

Research throughly, then decide what route you want to go. Don't file a petition and change path halfway through. That'll just create confusion for you, USCIS, and the consulate....

Your mom? Aren't you 47? LOL

Yes I'm 47 but I do have a mom LOL!!!

Timeline

Well got the NOA-1 in the mail not much info there but ok, thinking there will be some dead time now so I'm flying to vietnam in two weeks for awhile. After your NOA-1 how long before you heard anything again?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.