Kathy and Jesse

Parents consent form?????

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how does the parent consent looks like? Should it be notarized from attorney?

Any suggestions? :)

Many thanks,

Edited by Kathy and Jesse

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how does the parent consent looks like? Should it be notarized from attorney?

Many thanks,

Hi, My Ex Husband and I wrote a few lines on paper saying he gave me permission to take our son out of the country and had it notarized at my bank for free. It was accepted with no problems.

Make sure to make a line where the notary can put their stamp.

Good luck :)

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Many thanks,

There is a consent to Marry form you need to have filled out with your parents. Then have them go to your city hall and sign in front of notary and they will sign also. Then have a copy of your parents I.D. And that will work. We just passed the CFO with this. We even had mom go, but they didn' need to talk yo her. This was at St. Mary's in Manila.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think all lawyers have their own format for Parental Consent and yes, it has to be notarized. When you go to a lawyer with your parent/s they will print out an affidavit for your parent/s to sign. Just give them your name, birthdate, birth place, and fiance's name.

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, My Ex Husband and I wrote a few lines on paper saying he gave me permission to take our son out of the country and had it notarized at my bank for free. It was accepted with no problems.

Make sure to make a line where the notary can put their stamp.

Good luck :)

Sorry, I thought it was for consent to travel for your child

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You can find the "Consent to Mary for" on this site. Later today I will attach it to this thread. Then just head to the city hall in your city..

NO RFE'S

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Many thanks,

yes, you have to get from attorney and another one from you city hall office in her city..

Pm me if you need some question i did that too.. i was 24 when i come here to US, but i got married at 25..innocent.gifinnocent.gif

Timeline

yes, you have to get from attorney and another one from you city hall office in her city..

Pm me if you need some question i did that too.. i was 24 when i come here to US, but i got married at 25..innocent.gifinnocent.gif

You don't have to to get one from an attorney and one from the city hall. She just attended the CFO and the form that was dowloaded from the CFO site was all she needed. You may be suggesting it's a good idea which could be true as they can change their mind at any minute.

The one dowloaded from this site was sufficient with the notary at the city hall notarizing it. This was for the" consent to Mary", needed for under 21.

If you look on the CFO website its not even required documents.

NO RFE'S

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't have to to get one from an attorney and one from the city hall. She just attended the CFO and the form that was dowloaded from the CFO site was all she needed. You may be suggesting it's a good idea which could be true as they can change their mind at any minute.

The one dowloaded from this site was sufficient with the notary at the city hall notarizing it. This was for the" consent to Mary", needed for under 21.

If you look on the CFO website its not even required documents.

Many things are not required but reading of the many problems some run into and if the USC( or other country petitioner) can not be with fiance during process, its better to be prepared and bring copies and extra. I was there for entire process and many things were not asked or needed. The key to this all is timing, organization, neat and simple, being prepared and teamwork!

Timeline

Many things are not required but reading of the many problems some run into and if the USC( or other country petitioner) can not be with fiance during process, its better to be prepared and bring copies and extra. I was there for entire process and many things were not asked or needed. The key to this all is timing, organization, neat and simple, being prepared and teamwork!

I absolutely agree with that and good advice.

NO RFE'S

Timeline

I got my Affidavit of Parental Advice (coz I'm 24) from a lawyer coz our city hall does not have a form for Parental advice and Parental Consent. I only paid 200php. I had my GCP seminar at PRISM on July 10 and they asked for my parental advice. I heard at St. Mary's, aside from the notarized form, they also ask for written consent from parents

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

Timeline

Thanks everyone for all the reply.. I appreciated so much!!!

Please kindly send me a private message here for the example of parents consent for.. I have no idea about it.. Should the letter/pattern will comes from attorney? or we have to make our own letter then ask the attorney for the signature? how much it will cost?

So it's not helpful if i'll bring my parents? CFO only need a parent consent letter nor my parents to attend the seminar w me?

Timeline

There is a consent to Marry form you need to have filled out with your parents. Then have them go to your city hall and sign in front of notary and they will sign also. Then have a copy of your parents I.D. And that will work. We just passed the CFO with this. We even had mom go, but they didn' need to talk yo her. This was at St. Mary's in Manila.

Hi.. Thanks for answering my query and giving me an idea.. I would like to learn more about making the parents consent letter.. Can you tell me where to get the form? Does my parents (mother and father) are required to sign the form? Sorry I am confused.. I think my worry is because my father is working and he's not able to go to attorney on working hours.. otherwise he'll take an off from work (it doesn't matter anyway) I just want to be prepared since my interview is on the 15th of august.. At least I have time if ever i encounter a problem w CFO (hopefully not)

So you attended the seminar already?

Many thanks,

Kathy

Timeline

I got my Affidavit of Parental Advice (coz I'm 24) from a lawyer coz our city hall does not have a form for Parental advice and Parental Consent. I only paid 200php. I had my GCP seminar at PRISM on July 10 and they asked for my parental advice. I heard at St. Mary's, aside from the notarized form, they also ask for written consent from parents

Hi thank you so much for your reply..

So you attended the seminar month before your interview??? I heard PRISM is good.. unfortunately it's closed now.. :(

Timeline

Yup. Tagabulacan pa ko so ayokong makipagsapalaran dun sa 12 slots a day kasi mahal ang pamasahe so I did it early.

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.