5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

ok I am trying to assemble the I-129f packet... i have some questions:

on the G-325A form it asks for employment for last 5 years. he works at his brother's shop.. should he put that?

on the I-129F form they ask to describe the circumstances under which we met within the last 2 years.. i am not sure what to put.. i just put i traveled to algeria and the date and i put that he met us at the airport, and i gave the dates i stayed with his family. is this what they are looking for?

Also the form asks for address where fiancee intends to live.. i currently live with my parents. but i plan on having my own apartment by the time he gets here. should i just put where i am living now? my parents house?

thanks in advance!

event.png

[/url]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello,

To answer your questions:

If your fiancé works at his brother's shop then, yes, he should provide that as a place of employment with the dates that he started, etc. Basically list ANYWHERE he has worked in the last five years, including gaps of unemployment. Do not leave gaps of time with no employment/ unemployment accounted for.

For how you met in the last 2 years, be detailed. Think back to the times when you met up and describe things that you did, where you went, if it is when the two of you first met each other then explain that. USCIS is trying to look for a genuine response showing that you have met, do not be vague. Questions in regard to this section will come in the future. Whether they ask him them at the K1 interview or at the AOS interview.

For address, place your parents at the moment. That is what I had to do when I initially filed for the K1. When I moved to my apartment I filled out the online change of address form and submitted it to USCIS. Every time you guys move, your fiancé will need to fill this out, it is part of the stipulation of being a legal immigrant. You can find this form on the USCIS website: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa . This is the direct link to the page to change it.

I hope this helps! Have a great day. :)

Sent I-129F: June 25th, 2011

NOA1: June 28th, 2011

Case "Touched": July 1st, 2011

NOA2: November 14th, 2011

NVC sent to Dublin Embassy: November 23rd, 2011

Dublin Embassy Received: November 28th, 2011

Medical: December 7th, 2011

Packet 3 Received: December 12, 2011

Packet 3 Sent: December 13, 2011

Packet 4 Received: January 5th, 2012

Interview: January 19th, 2012.......We're APPROVED!!!!!....

Flying to U.S.: February 15th, 2012

Married on: March 10th, 2012 :)))))) & today I will marry my best friend

NOA2 after 139 days

Filed AOS ( I-485, I-765, I-131): March 14th, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thank you so much for your help! greatly appreciated!

Hello,

To answer your questions:

If your fiancé works at his brother's shop then, yes, he should provide that as a place of employment with the dates that he started, etc. Basically list ANYWHERE he has worked in the last five years, including gaps of unemployment. Do not leave gaps of time with no employment/ unemployment accounted for.

For how you met in the last 2 years, be detailed. Think back to the times when you met up and describe things that you did, where you went, if it is when the two of you first met each other then explain that. USCIS is trying to look for a genuine response showing that you have met, do not be vague. Questions in regard to this section will come in the future. Whether they ask him them at the K1 interview or at the AOS interview.

For address, place your parents at the moment. That is what I had to do when I initially filed for the K1. When I moved to my apartment I filled out the online change of address form and submitted it to USCIS. Every time you guys move, your fiancé will need to fill this out, it is part of the stipulation of being a legal immigrant. You can find this form on the USCIS website: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa . This is the direct link to the page to change it.

I hope this helps! Have a great day. :)

event.png

[/url]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes it can be handwritten, but make sure to read the directions because I think it must be either blue or black ink. Hope that helps. :)

Sent I-129F: June 25th, 2011

NOA1: June 28th, 2011

Case "Touched": July 1st, 2011

NOA2: November 14th, 2011

NVC sent to Dublin Embassy: November 23rd, 2011

Dublin Embassy Received: November 28th, 2011

Medical: December 7th, 2011

Packet 3 Received: December 12, 2011

Packet 3 Sent: December 13, 2011

Packet 4 Received: January 5th, 2012

Interview: January 19th, 2012.......We're APPROVED!!!!!....

Flying to U.S.: February 15th, 2012

Married on: March 10th, 2012 :)))))) & today I will marry my best friend

NOA2 after 139 days

Filed AOS ( I-485, I-765, I-131): March 14th, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.