~kiyah~

Nullify the K1 by Getting Married???

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kiya,

I think I'd wait out the K-1 instead of getting married in Morocco during your visit. I would just be scared that going with the K-3 would take longer and you have already come so far. I know how you feel though. Believe me, the same thought crossed my mind too. After seeing your man it will lift your spirits andhelp both of you to be stronger while finishing the process. Best of luck to you! :luv:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In light of everything going on in Casa in regards to petitions being returned to the United States...the decision is made. Waiting to see what happens with this K1 petition before nixing any options open to us right now is our best option.

I believe the K3 petition would be returned to the United States as well...it will not matter how much proof of relationship we provide...it will not matter that our relationship is real, that we can prove it and be approved here for the K3. Casa does not care about separating families and that is quite obvious. Once they receive it...it would most likely be returned anyway.

A longer wait is worth much more than not being able to be together at all.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Some people mistakenly believe that if you get married then it will "solidify" your proof. This is not true. Ours is the CR1, and if it is denied then we are screwed. Yes it is a long wait, but all that will happen if you abandon the K-1 is that you will have to start it over again. The stamp is in his passport and they will have records. If I was to do this all over again I would have tried for the K-1 Visa first and then worked up to the CR1. I don't have that option now. Of course, this is totally your decision, I don't want to see you base your decision that a marriage is a sure thing.

Good luck!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Kiya,

Your k1 will not expire. It will be returned to BCIS. You will get a NOID and an opportunity to submit the proof. BCIS will not tell you what the denial was. They will only quote law such as "it appears benificiary is not eligible..." That is all I got and 2 other women I know who are going through this. One was a K1 denial and she got a visa for her DF last month. It took 1 year for the process. I think everyone will get a visa at some point because what Casa is doing is against the law and BCIS knows it and so they reaffrims the petitions and return them back to DOS for action.

Now as to the K3, it does expire after 4 months of being approved. Then the BCIS works with the I-130. For you, I do believe if you do get married, the issue with the denied K1 will come up and cause you some problems. I would wait for the K1 to resolve. Who knows, maybe it will go a lot faster for you.

There does seem to be something going on at the consulate. We have been waiting since Jan 11th for an appointment. I do know if one complains about a consular officer, and that officer gets more than 3 complaints, action is taken. It remains in their file. The officer who denied us seems to be gone now. I am thinking we really need to do something to get all of this opened up and looked at in the courts. Like a class action suit.

For those who are awaitng interviews...my best advise is to be in Morocco for the interview. While it is true you must wait outside the consulate, your DF/DH can be sure to inform the CO that you are just outside waiting if there are any problems/questions.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very sound advice! I'm sure making notes!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.