Brex

NVC Process for Mexico

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got my NOA2 on 7/18. YAY!!!!

So I have been reading a lot about the NVC process and ever step involved. With what I have been reading, I am getting the feeling that the NVC process for Mexico is a bit different.

I have read the steps where it mentions pay the AOS and IV bills online, email the 3032, and then mail the AOS (I-864) & IV (DS-230) pakages. However, I am reading that we can do things electronically and there is vague information about the DS-260 and DS-261 and nothing that concretely says the steps for Mexico.

Can someone confirm If I am thinking right on the following :

- For mexico, do the DS-260 instead of the DS-230?

- All the paperwork for the DS-230, is that not submitted at all and will be reviewed in the interview instead? or do we still have to send to the NVC the doc's that I have read that need to be sent with the DS-230?

- What is the DS-261?

I guess what I am looking for is to understand the process for Mexico since it seems to me it is more electronic.

----------------------TRADUCION EN ESPANOL ( TAMBIEN HABLO Y LEO EN ESPANOL, ME PUEDEN ESCRIBIR EN AMBOS, HASTA EN SPANGLISH XD )-----------------------------

He estado leyendo mucha informacion sobre el processo de la NVC y cada paso envuelto. Con lo que he leido, siento que el processo para Mexico es un poco differente.

He leido los pasos donde menciona que se paga el AOS y el IV en el internet, se puede mandar el DS-3032 en formato de correo electronico, y luego enviar por correo los paquetes del AOS ( I-864) y el IV ( DS-230). Sin embargo, estoy leyedo donde dice que se pueden hacer las cosas electronicamente y no hay mucha informacion sobre el DS-260 y el DS-261 ni algo concreto sobro los pasos siguientes para los applicantes Mexico.

Alguien me pudiera confirma si lo que estoy pensando en lo siguiente esta correcto :

- Para Mexico, hacer el DS-260 enves de el DS-230?

- Todo los documento para el DS-230, aun se deben de enviar y solo se van a revisar en la entrevista? o deberiamos enviarle los documentos a la NVC en la que se requieren enviar como se menciona para la DS-230?

Lo que quiero es poder entender el processo para Mexico como me parece que es un poco mas electronico.

Timeline

For Mexico everything is on-line and via e-mail, you do not mail anything.

1. The DS-261 is the online version of the 3032 that you fill out. I suggest doing both (won't hurt anything). Had an issue with ours we did the on-line and it took forever and called them, I e-mailed the 3032 and got it turned around fast. Do this step as soon as you can as you do not get the IV invoice until they accept this (you know it is accepted by receiving the IV invoice).

2. The DS-260 is the on-line DS-230. You do not do anything with the DS-230, but I do suggest that you fill one out so that way when you have to fill it in online it goes faster, but you do not send that in at all.

3. All of the civil docs (marriage cert, birth cert etc) are e-mail to them. Even if they send you a cover letter telling you to mail it DO NOT MAIL IT IN, simply ignore it. Sound weird, but you also have to scan and e-mail in copies of the passport size photos. I did both for my wife e-mail and mail and they just simply returned the mailed in documents.

In essence, you do not send any originals for Mexico, just scan and e-mail it in, even when you get a cover letter telling you to mail it in just send it via e-mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Scott & Ale is right on -- all CR-1 / IR-1 visas for Mexico are processed electronically at the NVC.

However, the K-1 visas are still (as far as I know) paper-based, and since a lot of folks at this site opt for the K-1 process, you'll see lots of references to mailing things in and filling out paper forms. This doesn't apply to you. :thumbs:

7 Mar 2011 - Mailed the I-130 package

12 Nov 2011 - Became a U.S. resident (+250 days)

18 Sep 2017 - Sworn in as a U.S. citizen (+2137 days)

Timeline

Thanks guys.

So I am assuming that the AOS Package ( I-864 ) is scanned and e-mailed as well?

si senor...do not mail anything...but make sure all originals of everything are taken to the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.