waiting4Oliverio

Juarez Consulate

4,122 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey, asked this before but got no response. For the K-1 process I know they say that there are no appointments at CDJ, but does that refer to just the time of day or also the actual date? Is it a case that once you get the letter you just go up there (with all your documents) any weekday you like?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hey, asked this before but got no response. For the K-1 process I know they say that there are no appointments at CDJ, but does that refer to just the time of day or also the actual date? Is it a case that once you get the letter you just go up there (with all your documents) any weekday you like?

Once you have your appt letter and all your other documents ready, you are ready to go to the Consulate for a K-1 Finance Visa. You only need a appt if you are getting a K-3 visa.

The California center is now working on K1 aps from April 12. My application date was in June. Does that mean I'm 2 months away from having them review mine?

The dates posted are an approximate time frame, more or less. If you also look at your estimate from the VJ timeline date, it says your I-129F petition may be approved as early as Nov. 13th. This is simply an estimate since it may take a little longer or you may receive approval a couple days before. I remember my actual approval for the I-129F came a couple days (maybe around 2 weeks) after the VJ estimated approval.

You can also register with the uscis.gov website and check up on the site to see if they have "touched" your case. This will give you an indication if they are at least looking at your case.

Good luck.

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
The California center is now working on K1 aps from April 12. My application date was in June. Does that mean I'm 2 months away from having them review mine?

The dates posted are an approximate time frame, more or less. If you also look at your estimate from the VJ timeline date, it says your I-129F petition may be approved as early as Nov. 13th. This is simply an estimate since it may take a little longer or you may receive approval a couple days before. I remember my actual approval for the I-129F came a couple days (maybe around 2 weeks) after the VJ estimated approval.

You can also register with the uscis.gov website and check up on the site to see if they have "touched" your case. This will give you an indication if they are at least looking at your case.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response. You inspired me to check my online status on the uscis.gov website. And here is what it said ...

On October 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

How unbelievably cool is that! You bring me luck. This is the NOA2, right? It came before the ETA. So now it goes onto the National Visa Center, verdad? I'm looking at your timeline and see that you received your NOA2 in October of last year and got the Visa at the end of January. I'm hoping it works out for me like that. I'm soooooooooo broke. With teaching English, the schools shut down in December, and don't come back 'til mid January. That means I won't even be getting paid pesos for a month or so ... only living off what my novia makes, which is just a bit more than I make. If we could snag that Visa in early February and get me a job in California paying dollars, that would be about as awesome as it gets - maybe we could get it all done before the new school session so I don't have to ask for time off.

I'm so jacked. Please don't let this thread die on me - all ya'll that came before me have given the best information available. And that's the neta.

Timeline

Good luck.

Thanks for the response. You inspired me to check my online status on the uscis.gov website. And here is what it said ...

On October 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

How unbelievably cool is that! You bring me luck. This is the NOA2, right? It came before the ETA. So now it goes onto the National Visa Center, verdad? I'm looking at your timeline and see that you received your NOA2 in October of last year and got the Visa at the end of January. I'm hoping it works out for me like that. I'm soooooooooo broke. With teaching English, the schools shut down in December, and don't come back 'til mid January. That means I won't even be getting paid pesos for a month or so ... only living off what my novia makes, which is just a bit more than I make. If we could snag that Visa in early February and get me a job in California paying dollars, that would be about as awesome as it gets - maybe we could get it all done before the new school session so I don't have to ask for time off.

I'm so jacked. Please don't let this thread die on me - all ya'll that came before me have given the best information available. And that's the neta.

Hey, Congrats!! Your NOA1 date is just a week ahead of ours....Fingers crossed that is a good sign...hopefully we aren't far behind you...I try to limit the number of times I check the web site to 2 or 3 times a day, but the more I see posts like yours, the harder that gets for me.

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Congrats on the approval of your I-129F. I bet you felt a sigh of relief, now time for the next phase. Your case will now be forwarded from your service center to the national visa center (NVC). After about 2 weeks, you may contact NVC to see if they have forwarded your case to CDJ. Check out the K1 visa flowchart from the GUIDES section for more details!

Yes, I did receive the NOA2 towards the end of October. My then fiancé could have made the trip to Juarez much sooner, but we decided to wait until January to save up enough money, prepare for the interview, etc. Just remember that the approved I-129F expires after about 4 months from approval (if I remember correctly). So you shouldn’t wait too long to make the trip to Juarez. When you receive the hard copy of your NOA2 you should note until the date it is valid.

Good luck to both gringoconmexicana and zeroland and anyone else soon heading to CDJ in the near future.

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Timeline

Good luck.

Hey, Congrats!! Your NOA1 date is just a week ahead of ours....Fingers crossed that is a good sign...hopefully we aren't far behind you...I try to limit the number of times I check the web site to 2 or 3 times a day, but the more I see posts like yours, the harder that gets for me.

Thanks. I noticed a gang of people got the approval at about the same time. And things seem to be moving faster at the USCIS California office. It was stuck at December 2006 for a long time. Then, all of a sudden, it was March, then April and now June - like almost over night. So I'm sure your time is coming soon. Your time? Man, yesterday I found a restaurant that serves American food. The only thing that wasn't authentic about it was that it tasted good. So it wasn't like it brought back memories of what American food really tastes like - which is pretty much garbage compared to Mexican food. But the restaurant was playing real three-of-my-favorite-dogs-from-the-back-porch-just-died-and-my-grandmomma's-in-jail country music (not that Ranchero/Banda over-use-of-the-tuba-busting-my-eardrum-whiny-fat-guys-complaining-that-their-hot-model-wife-don't-like-them-anymore music ... blech). And there were pictures on the wall of stupid American stuff like the Dukes of Hazard and Stetson cowboy hats and even a real old-school-redneck-silver-double-barrel pistol. Great great great. Love Mexico and Mexicans and Mexican food and tequila and Mexican parties and my Mexican soon-to-be suegros and merenderos and the Spanish language. But I need to get back to my old backwards American culture with its American dollars at least for a bit. Can't wait to return. Make it happen NVC and Ciudad Juarez. ¡Andale!

Edited by gringoconmexicana

Timeline
Congrats on the approval of your I-129F. I bet you felt a sigh of relief, now time for the next phase. Your case will now be forwarded from your service center to the national visa center (NVC). After about 2 weeks, you may contact NVC to see if they have forwarded your case to CDJ. Check out the K1 visa flowchart from the GUIDES section for more details!

Yes, I did receive the NOA2 towards the end of October. My then fiancé could have made the trip to Juarez much sooner, but we decided to wait until January to save up enough money, prepare for the interview, etc. Just remember that the approved I-129F expires after about 4 months from approval (if I remember correctly). So you shouldn’t wait too long to make the trip to Juarez. When you receive the hard copy of your NOA2 you should note until the date it is valid.

Good luck to both gringoconmexicana and zeroland and anyone else soon heading to CDJ in the near future.

Thanks for the advice. I check to the K1 visa flowchart at least once a week ... as if it is going to change. How do you make the e with the accent over it? I've got a Mexican keyboard and can't figure that out. That's awesome you guys actually waited - that means it might come sooner for me than I thought. I hope we don't wait. Depends on my girlfriend. She's well ingrained engraned engrained ingraned (I'm so out-of-practice with English, I don't know how to spell anymore) in the Mexican culture so she likes to take her time. I'll make sure to put all my American whining to use to push her a little faster. We'll have to sell off a gang of stuff before we move back to the U.S. Anybody want to buy a car? English-teaching books? Furniture? A refri? A tarot store? Everything must go. Liquidation sale. Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they will test for various drugs including marijuana. Nothing to worry about. It will be a simple urine test.

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

No problem. Even though it has been almost a year since we were in Juarez, I still remember like it was yesterday. Glad to help :D

US Entry : 2006-11-27

Marriage : 2006-12

AOS : Submitted on 1-29-07

NOA1: 2-5-07

BIOMETRICS: 2-21-07

AOS Interview: Decision Pending :( FBI Name Check not completed

Email welcoming New Resident on 5/22/07.

Approval Notice email: 5/31/2007

CARD IN HAND 6/01/2007

Removal of Conditions now in progress

Mailed: 3-4-09

USCIS received: 3-6-09

NOA1: 3-9-09

Biometrics: letter arrived 3-18-09, scheduled 3-28-09

Approved on: 05-04-2009

Approval letter arrives: 05-09-09

waiting on green card...

card production email: 06/19/2009

CARD IN HAND: 07/02/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

FYI: The new Wiki Section may help you guys get all your information and tips in one place. You can create a page for your info where everyone can make changes in real time :).

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline
Okay, the Paulina Rubio news has me a little concerned. Does the Juarez consulate medical exam thing include a marijuana test? No, we don't do marijuana. Just wanna know. Thanks.

in fact, I have friend that was denied for simply admitting he smoked pot in college a few times during his medical interview. And then his tourist visa was taken away and they have to go through a 3-year period of testing and distance. There was recently someone on this link that had a similar experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.