5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

So, I originally read the directions on the AOS and EAD applications wrong, and sent the whole package to the Nebraska service center. Of course I later realized it was supposed to go to the Chicago lockbox, but it was already in the mail. After a few weeks of hearing nothing, I called the customer service line, and the woman on the phone told me that if I didn't hear anything back after a month, I should send in another application to the Chicago address. She also told me that if the first one later got processed there would be no problem just cancelling it and getting my money back.

Well. I finally sent in the second application, and lo and behold, my checks from the first one were cashed and I got the NOA1s. Now, the second application has still not been processed, and as of yet, they have not taken my money. I called back to the service line, and they told me that I'm sh!t out of luck and will never get my money back, and when I try to cancel one application, they might just cancel both and I'll have to start all over. Well, that's a lot of money for us, and a heck of a lot of trouble, so seeing as nothing is in there system yet, I would like to prevent this from happening!

So we sent a letter to Chicago asking them not to cash the checks, but is there anything else we can do? They warned me on the phone that if we block the checks at our bank we will have to pay a fee on top of the already said amount... (is that a lie?) Sigh. It's such a frustrating system, and I now get the feeling the people I've talked to already do not have a clue what they're talking about.... any ideas?

10-2004 Meet my one and only

05-05-06 Picked up the VISA

05-22-06 My baby's home! Once day short of a full year apart

08-14-06 Married!!!

02-24-07 Green Card in Hand

07-21-07 The REAL Wedding in Ghana

06-12-08 Our beautiful baby joins our lives :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I would stop the checks.... they will return the packet to you asking for another check.... dont know about a fee... but I would rather pay a small fee than loose the whole amount for AOS....

Kezzie

That's what I thought to, but I talked to two people on the phone who told me that I would end up paying it anyway, in addition to the fee. Are they full of it?

10-2004 Meet my one and only

05-05-06 Picked up the VISA

05-22-06 My baby's home! Once day short of a full year apart

08-14-06 Married!!!

02-24-07 Green Card in Hand

07-21-07 The REAL Wedding in Ghana

06-12-08 Our beautiful baby joins our lives :)

Filed: Timeline

I cant comment on the other people.... all I know is that if it were me I would be stopping the checks and making a infopass at my local office to try to get it sorted out.... I do know that once they are cashed you will wait till hell freezes over before you get your money back...

Kezzie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I cant comment on the other people.... all I know is that if it were me I would be stopping the checks and making a infopass at my local office to try to get it sorted out.... I do know that once they are cashed you will wait till hell freezes over before you get your money back...

Kezzie

I agree with Kezzie this is what I would do.

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.