cathat

Chicago DO N-400 - In line for Interview Scheduling >60 days

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Seems like a long line for Interview scheduling at Chicago DO. I'm in line for 2 months now.....

Anyone else out there waiting for interview scheduling this long? Thanks!

Here's my N-400 timeline:

N-400 (DO-Chicago, IL)

06/04/07: GC (Employment)

03/07/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix

03/09/12: N-400 delivered

03/12/12: N-400 priority date

03/17/12: NOA received

03/27/12: FP notice mailed

03/31/12: FP notice received

04/20/12: FP date

04/20/12: FP done

05/08/12: In Line For Interview Scheduling

06/01/12: Yellow Letter Received

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes ur name check haven't come back yet. As soon as it comes back they woul send ur files to ur local uscis. And they will schedule ur interview.

Presley, what does that name check entail if you mind me asking? I was in line for scheduling for 22 days before my case got sent back to my local office

Name check is for security purposes. Sometimes It's like a second back ground. They do a finger print and a name check.

Oh okay..thank you very much

Congrats by the way..at least you are done"!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks.... but i thought that when the status changed to "In line for Interview Scheduling", the background checks are completed. I even got a yellow letter about 3 weeks after I was placed in line for interview. Doesn't the DO (Chicago in my case) send the yellow letter? I guess I can't do anything but wait for the interview to be scheduled then.

Sometimes ur name check haven't come back yet. As soon as it comes back they woul send ur files to ur local uscis. And they will schedule ur interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks.... but i thought that when the status changed to "In line for Interview Scheduling", the background checks are completed. I even got a yellow letter about 3 weeks after I was placed in line for interview. Doesn't the DO (Chicago in my case) send the yellow letter? I guess I can't do anything but wait for the interview to be scheduled then.

That's why they sent u only the yellow letter cuz the background check ain't done completely yet. When it's done that is when they will schedule you.

Give it a week u might get the interview letter.

That's why they sent u only the yellow letter cuz the background check ain't done completely yet. When it's done that is when they will schedule you.

Give it a week u might get the interview letter.

On my knowledge when they run the back ground check. Pretty much all ur history comes up.

From the date you became a permanent resident?

Did you file base on 5 or 3...just curious?

Edited by UMUC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.