seekingsUsan

unfair discrimination in Baltimore

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

That's real mature... attacking someone for doing one thing, and then doing the exact same thing to prove some sort of point???

While it's most unfortunate that my pinkie slipped yesterday so that my "?" came out as "/" it's more unfortunate that you couldn't/wouldn't see the intended irony in my reply. I realize also that you don't online-know me and therefore know that I am -not- doing the same thing.

Posts like these that spew a baseless attack bug me. So what?

and your unfair judgement on every other singapore person bug me too .Don`t judge an entire nation based on one thing /

That's real mature... attacking someone for doing one thing, and then doing the exact same thing to prove some sort of point???

While it's most unfortunate that my pinkie slipped yesterday so that my "?" came out as "/" it's more unfortunate that you couldn't/wouldn't see the intended irony in my reply. I realize also that you don't online-know me and therefore know that I am -not- doing the same thing.

Posts like these that spew a baseless attack bug me. So what?

and your unfair judgement on every other singapore person bug me too .Don`t judge an entire nation based on one thing /

Um, you have heard of SARKINESS?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I realize that you missed my point because I was using sarcasm, or as Cherry puts it 'sarkiness' (my family says 'snarky').

To be very clear: I do not judge every Singapore person on what you said. I added that as an example of how unfair it was of you to say that "Americans" are one way because of your perception of your encounter with one man.

Just as I would not judge a nation on the comments of one person, I would like for my nation to not be judged by the behavior (or your perception of the behavior) of one person.

For the record now and forever, I still like Singapore people and I look forward to visiting your very tidy land one day to scuba dive in your beautiful seas. Or nearby.

:)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
i was in baltimore for my info pass appointment and i was shocked just how americans treat people from outside the country ,like they were animals ,right down to the black guy at the front desk ,who asked to look at i.d`s ,the moment he knew i wasn`t carrying an american i.d ,he tried to assert his authority ,making me hold up my passport ,and open it for him ,even though he hardly glanced at it ,being that he was sitting so far away from the desk ,looking all comfortable and aloof.

He only lean alittle to see my husband`s i.d ,but for real you could have flashed a fake i.d and he wouldn`t know,cause he wasn`t really doing his job ,just acting the part.

The INS officer was the same too.

My husband wrote down the address and she was like yeah thats right thats good ,american address ,but on my I-130 i put down my country`s add and she got on my case.

i thought i was suppose to list my home address ,i didn`t know it was for my current residence .

Try the Charlotte office. They are the most helpful people I have met. When I had my Green Card interview they were so helpful, the woman treated us like family. I am on my conditional green card until next year and have already prepared myself for the next round of process and application to become a US citizen.

i was in baltimore for my info pass appointment and i was shocked just how americans treat people from outside the country ,like they were animals ,right down to the black guy at the front desk ,who asked to look at i.d`s ,the moment he knew i wasn`t carrying an american i.d ,he tried to assert his authority ,making me hold up my passport ,and open it for him ,even though he hardly glanced at it ,being that he was sitting so far away from the desk ,looking all comfortable and aloof.

He only lean alittle to see my husband`s i.d ,but for real you could have flashed a fake i.d and he wouldn`t know,cause he wasn`t really doing his job ,just acting the part.

The INS officer was the same too.

My husband wrote down the address and she was like yeah thats right thats good ,american address ,but on my I-130 i put down my country`s add and she got on my case.

i thought i was suppose to list my home address ,i didn`t know it was for my current residence .

I don't sense racism here, just a guy at the front desk who probably doesn't like his job and an INS officer who is having a bad day. Don't take it personal. Maybe you can change how you interpret this whole situation, then perhaps you'd realize that it wasn't about you.

*** My Mom's N-400 Journey ***

05/09/2015 - Mailed N-400 application packet to the Phoenix, AZ lockbox

05/11/2015 - Delivered per USPS tracking

05/14/2015 - Check cashed

05/19/2015 - Received NOA

06/02/2015 - Biometrics Appointment

06/04/2015 - In line

08/06/2015 - Interview scheduled per USCIS website

09/11/2015 - Interview - PASSED!

09/18/2015 - Received oath letter

09/22/2015 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.