Kat & Brett

NBI again!

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

I need clarification regarding this NBI thing from those who got their NBI clearance already. Im aware that NBI department has changed their system i thnk last year and according to others all applications are new, no renewal...I'm bothered coz i read recently at US Embassy Manila website that they only accept NBI clearance if the remarks is "NO DERRAGATORY RECORD" and not "NO RECORD ON FILE" unless you got a certification to support...If im not mistaken if youre a first timer to get NBI clearance the remarks is "NO RECORD ON FILE"...Despite of changes in their system do you think they still have all the previous records to determine who's the first timer or not? And just want to know if what is your remarks when you got your NBI clearance...

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

mine says "no record on file"

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Timeline

mine says "no record on file"

Thanks for the reply...

May i know where you processed your NBI?

Do you have already a schedule for your interview?

Timeline

I'm still waiting for my case number. I got my NBI clearance from NBI bulacan. Let's wait for the responses of those who already had their interviews. I think they will be able to answer your question

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

Timeline

I'm still waiting for my case number. I got my NBI clearance from NBI bulacan. Let's wait for the responses of those who already had their interviews. I think they will be able to answer your question

Yeah! I really do hope they can give us info regarding this matter...

I will take this opportunity also to ask you about Packet 3 and 4...Do you have already an idea about this?

Timeline
1341364442[/url]' post='5502575']

Hi!

I need clarification regarding this NBI thing from those who got their NBI clearance already. Im aware that NBI department has changed their system i thnk last year and according to others all applications are new, no renewal...I'm bothered coz i read recently at US Embassy Manila website that they only accept NBI clearance if the remarks is "NO DERRAGATORY RECORD" and not "NO RECORD ON FILE" unless you got a certification to support...If im not mistaken if youre a first timer to get NBI clearance the remarks is "NO RECORD ON FILE"...Despite of changes in their system do you think they still have all the previous records to determine who's the first timer or not? And just want to know if what is your remarks when you got your NBI clearance...

Thanks in advance!

All my NBI records local employment and travel abroad says "NO RECORD ON FILE" so i think that wont be a problem.

Timeline

Yeah! I really do hope they can give us info regarding this matter...

I will take this opportunity also to ask you about Packet 3 and 4...Do you have already an idea about this?

You don't have to wait for packets 3 & 4. Once you have your case number, go to bpi and pay the visa fee. You can download the instruction (i think that's the packet 3) on the website of US Embassy Manila. You may want to e-mail the US Embassy first if they have your file before setting an appointment for interview, or you can just set an appointment but allow a week or two for the embassy to have your file on their database.

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

Timeline

Ours says 'No Record on File'. We processed it at Robinson Mall in Malate, the NBI center there is in the parking garage (strange I know).

Under purpose, ours says 'Travel to US'

The only thing I heard is that you need the proper 'color' NBI, that there might be a different one if only using it for employment for instance. SO just make sure they know you are getting it for travel abroad on a visa.

We had our interview about a month ago, no issues whatsoever.

Timeline

Also, just FYI, my fiancé also got an NBI Clearance in 2011, also says on it for travel abroad, and that one looks a bit different, but that one says NO DEROGATORY RECORD, instead of NO RECORD ON FILE.

Strange, eh?

But again, the one we used for our interview says 'NO RECORD ON FILE'

Timeline

You don't have to wait for packets 3 & 4. Once you have your case number, go to bpi and pay the visa fee. You can download the instruction (i think that's the packet 3) on the website of US Embassy Manila. You may want to e-mail the US Embassy first if they have your file before setting an appointment for interview, or you can just set an appointment but allow a week or two for the embassy to have your file on their database.

Thanks! That helps a lot...I tried browsing at USEM website but i couldnt find it...Maybe need more time...

If you still have the URL for the said site then it would be great if you can share it to me...

Timeline

Ours says 'No Record on File'. We processed it at Robinson Mall in Malate, the NBI center there is in the parking garage (strange I know).

Under purpose, ours says 'Travel to US'

The only thing I heard is that you need the proper 'color' NBI, that there might be a different one if only using it for employment for instance. SO just make sure they know you are getting it for travel abroad on a visa.

We had our interview about a month ago, no issues whatsoever.

I lived closed to Malate before and im familiar with the place...

I have my NBI expired Nov.last year and it was for travel abroad a colored green one...Is it different one if the purpose is "Travel to US"?

Timeline

Also, just FYI, my fiancé also got an NBI Clearance in 2011, also says on it for travel abroad, and that one looks a bit different, but that one says NO DEROGATORY RECORD, instead of NO RECORD ON FILE.

Strange, eh?

But again, the one we used for our interview says 'NO RECORD ON FILE'

I feel relax now... :lol: Thanks for the input...Anyways, Congrats to both of you! You're now together at last!

Timeline

All my NBI records local employment and travel abroad says "NO RECORD ON FILE" so i think that wont be a problem.

Thanks for the reply....Let us know after you had your interview...tnx!

Timeline

Not together quite yet, she arrives August 8th :)

Ours is green too. The one from 2011 says 'Valid for Travel Abroad' but the one from 2012 says 'For Travel to US'. Probably they asked her what it was for, and she told them K1 Visa and so they put that. I believe as long as it's green (not yellow) and says something about travel to US or abroad, you will be totally fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.