xxchuleriiaxx

Dropped out of case-but still on the list!?

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, looking for some advice for someone. This person (from the Dom. Rep.) was petitioned along with other family members by his brother who is in USA. He recently got married (to a dominican woman) and to his understanding means that he was going to be dropped out of the family petition. However, Interview Letter has arrived and he appears on the list of people to attend the interview. He is wondering whether he should go ahead spend the $ and get his medicals done and go to the interview, or... what other options there are for him. Any advice will help, thanks guys.

is his wife petitioning for him????

uvy5nraznbg21.png

as1cMf70g410510MDAwMDEwN2x8MDAwMTEwOGxkf

06/18/2008 Met

06/11/2011 Married

07/23/2011 I-130 filed and sent

07/26/2011 NOA1

08/05/2011 Last updated

02/09/2012 NOA2

02/22/2012 NVC received

02/27/2012 AOS Fee

02/29/2012 AOS Fee received in mail and paid

03/01/2012 AOS shows as PAID

03/05/2012 sent AOS and DS-3032(regular mail)

03/13/2012 iV bill invoiced

03/15/2012 IV bill paid

03/16/2012 IV bill shows as paid

03/19/2012 IV package sent(express mail)

03/20/2012 NVC Received package

03/22/2012 CASE COMPLETE!!!!!!!!

Interview Date!!!!! May 10th 2012 Thank God!!

Interview Approved!!

05/15/2012 Picked up Visa

05/19/2012 POE Miami

05/21/2012 Applied for SSN @ local office

06/01/2012 Received Welcome Letter

06/06/2012 Green Card Received

06/08/2012 Went to SS office to reapply for SSN

06/14/2012 Received SSN in the mail

VISA PROCESS OVER FINALLY!!!!

Removing of Conditions

03/08/2014 I-751 Package Sent

03/11/2014 I-751 Package Received

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Did he inform the US Embassy or the National Visa Center that he got married? There's no way they would know unless he tells them by updating the case.

I bet he never informed the US Embassy that he got married. The US Embassy still thinks he's single according to their paperwork.

He is not getting a visa. Filing would be a waste of money. He needs to inform the US Embassy that he is now married.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey guys, looking for some advice for someone. This person (from the Dom. Rep.) was petitioned along with other family members by his brother who is in USA. He recently got married (to a dominican woman) and to his understanding means that he was going to be dropped out of the family petition. However, Interview Letter has arrived and he appears on the list of people to attend the interview. He is wondering whether he should go ahead spend the $ and get his medicals done and go to the interview, or... what other options there are for him. Any advice will help, thanks guys.

There is no such thing as a family petition. Who, exactly, was petitioned; i.e., who is the beneficiary? Was it your friend, or one of your friend's family members? What is the family relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Sorry if that was confusing but as I mentioned his brother petitioned them and them as in his other syblings as well. I don't personally know this person I was just asked to find out some advice for him but yes I'm assuming he did not let the embassy or nvc know he got married. I guess his question was more like should I still go and say nothing or is it a waste of $. MY own opinion is that going as if nothing happen will just result in more problems in the future for ex. He's not going to leave his wife in DR so they'll see that he was married at the time he was granted visa , anyways like I said I'm just passing on the Q to get the answers here, thansk for your responses!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Answering the question requires that we have very specific information.

A petition is always for one person. However, some visa categories allow for eligible derivatives (spouse and minor unmarried children) to hitch a ride and get a visa based on the same petition. That doesn't make it a "family petition". The petition is still for one primary beneficiary, and whether someone qualifies as a derivative depends on their family relationship to that primary beneficiary.

Now, you said your friend "was petitioned along with other family members by his brother". That's not specific enough. If your friend's brother is an LPR then there's no sort of petition he could have filed that would make your friend eligible for a visa. If his brother is a US citizen then he might have petitioned for his parents. Those would be immediate relative petitions, which do not allow for any derivative beneficiaries. Your friend wouldn't be able to hitch a ride on those petitions, much less his wife. If his brother petitioned for one of his siblings - a sister, for example - then that sibling's spouse and minor unmarried children would be eligible derivatives, but your friend would not. Now, if your friend's brother petitioned specifically for your friend then your friend is eligible for a visa, as well as your friend's eligible derivatives, which means his wife and minor unmarried children.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.