ChuckM

Packet 1 Information

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My fiancee just sent me the information for Packet 1 for to prepare for the visa, She only sent me the signature pages and not the whole documents. She also signed the DS-230 Part II. What do I do? Can I send the information like this, with Packet 1 Information the signature pages on A4 paper and everything else in letter size. We have to have this to the embassy by July 17 so we do not have much time. I wanted her to send everything to me so I can check it over and I will send to the embassy.

What will happen if we miss the July 17 date that is the NOA2?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you mean packet 3 , you don't sign ds-230 part 2 thats signed at the interview should only sign part one only,you can down the forms for packet 3 every thing has to be letter size. if you miss the interview your case will be delayed until there is another appointment available for you.

Timeline

I filled out the forms and emailed them to her, the DS 156, DS156K, DS 157, & DS230, She then printed them out. signed them and returned only the signature page to me, so if I print the rest out, the first pages will be letter, the signature pages will be A4. I knew not to sign part 2 of the DS 230, but unfortunately she did not understand, when I said only sign page 2, also means not to sign page 4.

I asked about the date, because my NOA1 says it is only valid from 3/19/2012 until 7/18/2012. I am not sure if she send me the information over again from Iran, that I will have the time to get it to Ankara before the 18th. If there are no delays we can make it, unfortunately, there also seems to be delays in even the express mail from Iran.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't use mail. Is FedEx or DHL in Iran? Spend the extra money, you can have any documents in five days.

My understanding is that by contacting the embassy, the NOA2 can easily be extended, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Don't worry about the date! You don't even need to call them, this happens occasionally specially with Ankara Embassy!

Good Luck

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Salam ;)

We also had (and still have) the same problem regarding paper sizes. Everything on my part (I'm the USC) is in letter size paper and all the documents (translations, forms, etc.) on my Fiancee's side is in A4. I don't think it would matter that much if they are in different sizes, as long as you have followed the instructions and filled them out correctly. Of course, Ankara embassy should know that they use A4 in Iran. However, it would be better if you do your best not to have different sizes on a single form, cause it would look weird, IMHO :D

Movafagh bashid :thumbs:

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Timeline

Salam,

Thank you all for the replies, I sent the letter for the extension today anyway, I am only out the shipping fee to Ankara, my Fiancee will resend me everything again, with the same size paper for all the forms.

When I filed the K-129F, my documents were all letter, the ones she signed were all A4, other then making it a little pain to put the packet together because of the different sizes there were no problems and everything was approved quickly, we were lucky enough to be together in Dubai on March 21, celebrating the Persian New Year, when we we received the NOA2. Now we just have to get the Packet 3 things done, and get this interview, so we don't have to both travel to a third country to see each other, I am not Iranian, so it is a little difficult for me to go there now.

Thanks again for the help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.