Seekinginfo11

NVC Processing Time

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I called NVC to get an update on my case, and was told that your case was closed on June 12. I asked what is the next step. They said "the next step would be to schedule an interview with the consulate" and I asked the operator when are you planning to do the scheduling.

She mentioned it really depends on the capacity of the embassy and how many cases they take. She also mentioned they usually start the scheduling process in the middle of next month July.

can someone please share their experience, is this really true?

If someone had an interview schedule recently, what was their experience with NVC?

I would really appreciate if some can share or provide information they have.

Thanks for your :help:

The general 'story' from the NVC is that they only schedule interviews during the first two weeks of the month. While this is true for most cases, I have seen a number of cases be assigned interviews outside that time frame.

She was correct though when she told you that it all depends on the consulate - some are quicker than others. With some of the busy consulates/embassies, its not uncommon to wait months and months to have an interview assigned.

Hopefully someone with experience with your specific embassy can give you a better idea as to how long the typical wait is there.

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Here is a link to a recent thread on interviews in India :)

USCIS

30 Nov 2010 - Sent I-130 to Chicago

1 Dec 2010 - I-130 received at Chicago

18 Apr 2011 - APPROVED!! NOA2 text and email

NVC

29 Apr 2011 - Case entered into the system/Case number assigned; Medical Exam in Sydney

30 Apr 2011 - Police Check Application sent

2 May 2011 - Called NVC and got Invoice ID number

3 May 2011 - Sent DS-3032 email

4 May 2011 - Received email reply from NVC for DS-3032; Received Medical Exam results

5 May 2011 - AOS invoiced and paid

7 May 2011 - AOS package sent; IV invoiced and paid

9 May 2011 - AOS package delivered to NVC according to tracking

20 May 2011 - RFE for missing IV package....still waiting on Police Certificate!

24 May 2011 - Received Police Certificate after 25 days (so much for 7-10!); IV package sent

27 May 2011 - IV package delivered according to tracking

8 Jun 2011 - RFE for original marriage certificate; requested supervisor review since we KNOW it was in the package!

30 Jun 2011 - SIF and CC - FINALLY!!!!

13 Jul 2011 - Interview date assigned! Scheduled for August 9th @ 10am

9 Aug 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Aug 2011 - Visa in hand

24 Aug 2011 - POE @ LAX

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

First, congratulations on NVC case complete.

Second, you have to wait for NVC to schedule interview for your beneficiary, for it, you need to wait till first 2 weeks of July.

If there is slot available, you will scheduled for Aug else in Sept.

Most probably, in Aug 2012. You will need the time to be ready for documents mailed from US to India, medical, and then document submission to VFS.

Good luck :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

First, congratulations on NVC case complete.

Second, you have to wait for NVC to schedule interview for your beneficiary, for it, you need to wait till first 2 weeks of July.

If there is slot available, you will scheduled for Aug else in Sept.

Most probably, in Aug 2012. You will need the time to be ready for documents mailed from US to India, medical, and then document submission to VFS.

Good luck :thumbs:

Thank you everyone for taking their time and providing with the information. Please let me know if someone recently had any experience and would like to share.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.