CanuckmeetsYank

How to contact Vancouver Embassy

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone please tell me how to contact the Vancouver Embassy to find out the status of our Packet 3? I have emailed them using the email found on VJ. Got no response which is fine I heard that most of the time they will not email you back. I have tried calling and am directed to contact a 1-900 # which I did and sat on hold until the operator came around to me. Then she gave me another email address cause she didnt know what my LIN number meant. That email did not work. I am lost. VSC says they sent the Embassy our case on September 28th and I have still not received anyting. Can someone please give me some direction as to how I can find out what is going on? Thanks...

Edited by CanuckmeetsYank

K1-Journey

[*]March 9,2006 finally sent K1 Package to Nebraska

[*]March 24-NOA1

[*]July 17/06 -IMBRA RFE

September 13/06- 3 Emails stating we got NOA2, APPROVED!!! Dated September 8,2006.

[*]October 20th/06-Received Packet 3

[*]October 31/06-Medical Exam

December 6,2006-Interview in Vancouver APPROVED!

Arrived in US- December 14, 2006

January 3,2007- Applied for SSN got within 7 days in the mail.

February 17,2007- MARRIED!

AOS-EAD-AP Journey:

March 2, 2007-Started AOS paperwork

March 12,2007- Filed AOS, EAD, AP Docs.

March 22, 2007-NOA1 for AOS,EAD, AP

March 23, 2007-Receive "Biometrics Appointment"Letter

April 4, 2007- Biometrics Appointment...done..

April 19,2007-Notice in Mail saying transfered to CSC..not sure what is up with that...

May 21, 2007- Touched and email saying case pending at CSC.

May 23,2007-AOS Touched!

May 25, 2007-AOS Touched-Again

May 29, 2007-Email AP APPROVED.

May 29, 2007-EAD touched

May 30,2007-AP and EAD Touched

May 31, 2007-Email stating I-485 Card Production Ordered!!! WOOHOO!

June 1,2007-Email EAD Approved

June 2, 2007- AP Received.

June 4, 2007 -Welcome New Permanent Resident letter received.

June 7, 2007-EAD Card Received..no GC yet..

June 9, 2007-GREEN CARD IN HAND!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

shouldn't your case go to NVC before the consulate? The service centre doesn't send it to the consulate, NVC does. Contact them and see if they've received it yet. I don't have the number handy, but you can find it in the NVC thread...

your signature says VSC sent it to Vancouver.. did you mean NVC?? I'm confused.

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Timeline

Yes, NVC received it and sent it on The 28th to the Vancouver Embassy. When my fiance called they didnt give him a case number they just said we were sent on to the Consulate on the 28th of September. Sorry I must have left that out.

K1-Journey

[*]March 24-NOA1

[*]July 17/06 -IMBRA RFE

September 13/06- 3 Emails stating we got NOA2, APPROVED!!! Dated September 8,2006.

AOS-EAD-AP Journey:

April 19,2007-Notice in Mail saying transfered to CSC..not sure what is up with that...

May 23,2007-AOS Touched!

May 29, 2007-EAD touched

Timeline

You'll have to call the NVC to get the case number before you can contact Vancouver. They take calls until 12:30am Eastern, so you could still call today if you want. Their phone number is (603) 334-0700, and then press #1(for English), and then #2 and you should be put on hold for an operator if one is available.

Timeline

Thanks for the direction. That explains why they did not know what to do with the LIN # . Tried to contact NVC again and cant get throught systems hangs up on you saying they are busy. Will try again later..thanks again! :)

K1-Journey

[*]March 24-NOA1

[*]July 17/06 -IMBRA RFE

AOS-EAD-AP Journey:

May 23,2007-AOS Touched!

May 29, 2007-EAD touched

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

There is no embassy in Vancouver. The embassy is located in Ottawa. There is a US Consulate in Vancouver. The NVC and the US Consulate are part of the US State Department. The USCIS Service Centers are part of Homeland Security. The NVC is the interface between the State Dept and Homeland Security. The USCIS LIN case number means nothing to the state department. They only deal with the Case Number and the A number (alien) assigned by the NVC. You will need to know this number when dealing with the Consulate. The number was given to the petitioner in a letter sent by the NVC saying that they received the petition from USCIS, assigned a case number and sent it on to the appropriate Consulate for processing.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline
Thanks for the direction. That explains why they did not know what to do with the LIN # . Tried to contact NVC again and cant get throught systems hangs up on you saying they are busy. Will try again later..thanks again! :)

I hate when that happens! Keep trying though, you'll get through. If all else fails, call later at night and you should be able to get through with no problem. :)

Timeline

ajmc, thanks for that Vancouver Consulate phone number. I have emailed them a couple times and still no response... I will have my fiance to call them this afternoon. NVC told me that my case had been sent over a week and a half ago.

I called NVC late at night where I am, and got through. They gave me my number. I then emailed Vancouver, and they got back to me in 2 business days. If they haven't sent it out, your call/inquiry might get them moving! Best of luck!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.