kittydoll

Did you bring your photo album during the interview?

25 posts in this topic

I think a lot of people way overdo the relationship evidence. Several good pictures, several pages of transcripts of chat, money transfer receipts, receipt for ring and of course the required stuff that is spelled out. Here is my opinion. If everything is in order you will sail thru and they will hardly look at anything. I have never heard of anyone being turned down for lack of enough chat transcripts or pictures. Most of the time when someone is turned down, if you dig into the problem it was something else. I am not saying don't take evidence, I am saying the 5lb package you hear talked about hear is absurd, unless it just makes you feel better, then by all means. .

In my time here I would say the biggest reasons I hear is lack of proof of income-That is number 1., NBI cert problems, medical problems, CENOMAR problems, criminal history problems. prior marriage problems, Prior K-1 problems. I would be interested to hear what others say.

Basically boils down to this -if you make enough and don't lie about anything and your relationship is legit it will be a quick quick interview. They don't have time to grill you for very long.

I totally agree. My wife dragged so much information with her just to be sure she had everything. It made her feel better about going knowing no matter what they wanted she would have it. Sum total of what they asked for was zero, they didn't even look at the photos. I did everything I could to help my wife feel confident going to the interview. It didn't matter to me that it took two packages sent Fedex at $100 a pop for her to be satisfied she had enough. If it made her less worried, thats what mattered to me. Now being that prepared for the CFO, that is what I'd recommend. You never know what kind of obscure document they're going to ask to see. But some even breeze through that. Seems strange the outfit that is just supposed to counsel them is now creating interviews that are tougher than the embassy.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is funny.... anyone want our "new improved" letters of intent? Embassy never asked for them so they are still sitting in a folder. And the CO even forgot to ask my wife if she intented to marry during the interview, we had barely sat down and he called her back to the window to ask her that question. :lol:

This is my second time going through this process . I was with my first Filipina wife for 10 years and went through entire process , she is now a US Citizen. Over the years I have helped many people go through this process . I was also lucky enough to meet a gentlemen many years ago who has been married to his lovely Filipina bride for over 30 years. He prepares peoples paperwork for every aspect of the process from the I-129F through Citizenship. He specializes in the Philippines and has seen just about everything possible. I just try to help people when I give advice through real life experience, not Urban legends I read about on the internet.

I agree with everyone above that most couples have very little trouble and most supporting docs you bring to interview will not even be looked at and remain in your folder. Unfortunately not every situation is the same. There are many factors , A guy who goes to the interview with his fiance ,has all his paperwork filled out perfectly, visited his fiance many times or for a substancial amount of time will breeze through. Now on the other side from a actual real life case and using Scuffydogs example below.

I agree with with Scruffydog's post above about most problems arising from " lack of proof of income-That is number 1, NBI cert problems, medical problems, CENOMAR problems, criminal history problems. prior marriage problems, Prior K-1 problems"

A few years ago my brother went on a trip to Davao City with me and my wife at the time. While there on our last 7 days of vacation he met and fell in love with my wife at the times niece. They had never met prior to our trip. As soon as we got back to America we filed their I-129F K1 Petition. They were approved by USCIS with no RFE because they met the requirements of Citizenship, both legal to marry, and having met in person within two years. The only evidence supplied was what they had. That pictures , airline boarding passes and letters if intent. No problems approved.

Where they had problems was at the interview. My brother had been unemployed for 3 years with no tax returns or proof of income. He did get a job 4 months before the interview and saved his paycheck stubs. He did not want to use a co sponsor even though we advised him to do so. His income on paychecks if you muliplied the 4 months x 3 would still be a little under the Poverty guidelines but it was close.. He filled out the I-134 and only had the paystubs included and employment letter. During interview his fiance was asked many questions, she was asked for pictures and the officer looked at many. His fiance was asked if she had any secondary evidence to support her ongoing relationship. She supplied her chat logs, money remittances,and the " new improved letter of Intent to marry" from my brother. This continued through the pre interview and interview. They repeatedly looked at the evidence and asked his fiance if she planned to work once she was able in the USA. She answered "Yes" they looked at the evidence again . The officer asked you do know that you must get married within 90 days of entering the United States. She answered "yes" and they approved her. Her evidence of a bonafide relationship helped her in this case. Not all cases are the same. I don't know people in the internet's situation so I always advise on worst case possiblities.

Honestly how long does it take to go into your docs and change the date and address on your original letter of Intent, print and sign it. 2 minutes? I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Another thing I like to do is have the pictures in a easy access envelope paper clipped on top of all your other proof of relationship docs in a neat package not to thick , organized with tabs labeling the docs . When interview asks if you have pictures, answer yes "maam or sir" I do right here along with other evidence or something similar. They will 99% of the time see that your prepared and glance at the pictures and not even look at anything else.

The bottom line is ,I'm just sharing my experiences and not sure why you would want to laugh at my advice. You can take my advice or leave it, after all it is your interview. I'm just trying to help. It is beyond me why some would advise on bringing minimal evidence . When you can print it up in a few minutes and have it just in case you do have some problem and are one of the unfortunate fiances who gets asked for it. It can make a difference in some cases. If it stays in your folder that is even better.

I-129F K1 Visa

06/04/12- I-129F mailed USPS Priority

06/06/12- USPS Delivery Confirmation

06/11/12- Received Text & Email notification for NOA1

06/11/12- Official NOA1 date on hardcopy

06/12/12- USCIS cashed check

06/14/12- Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

09/09/12- Received Text/Email NOA2

09/12/12- NVC received

09/13/12- NVC issued case #

09/14/12- NVC Left for USEM

09/17/12- Schelduled Interview

09/21/12- USEM Received case

09/21/12- Received Instruction Letter NVC completed

09/24/12- Medical at St Lukes ( Day 1 Delay started menst :( )

10/01/12- Medical at St Lukes (Day 2 Passed)

10/04/12- CFO seminar completed ( Certificate issued)

10/19/12- Interview USEM (Approved)

10/24/12- USEM issued/released visa to 2GO for delivery

10/25/12- Able to track visa via 2GO website ( *Had to use UID# as tracking #)

10/27/12- Visa received (Quezon City)

12/06/12- POE SFO

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
:blink: Wasn't laughing at your advice, was laughing at the FACT the CO totally messed up with the intent to marry within 90s and even forgot to ask for the letters.... :whistle: Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

:blink: Wasn't laughing at your advice, was laughing at the FACT the CO totally messed up with the intent to marry within 90s and even forgot to ask for the letters.... :whistle:

I apologize for being overly sensitive. I just got back from visiting my fiance a couple weeks ago and just starting this process again has me on edge. I'm less than 2 weeks in and already missing my fiance. Going through it once before was enough. I thought it might be easier having experienced it before. Nope it is just as painful being apart. Just found out I'm getting 4 days off soon so I'm going to fly back and spend two days with her. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I-129F K1 Visa

09/12/12- NVC received

12/06/12- POE SFO

I apologize for being overly sensitive. I just got back from visiting my fiance a couple weeks ago and just starting this process again has me on edge. I'm less than 2 weeks in and already missing my fiance. Going through it once before was enough. I thought it might be easier having experienced it before. Nope it is just as painful being apart. Just found out I'm getting 4 days off soon so I'm going to fly back and spend two days with her. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I read this entire post (out loud) with a crying sobbing voice. :hehe: My wife laughed. You try. I bet you will laugh too. :yes:

Always remember...,

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

:hehe: My wife laughed.

I still am... :lol:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

Glad I could be of some use ^_^

I-129F K1 Visa

09/12/12- NVC received

12/06/12- POE SFO

I am actually thinking along the same lines with Caryh. I front loaded because I think the process is much harder on the beneficiary than the petitioner. Since you guys already went through it, I am sure you guys understand. It is really difficult to be apart with my fiancee. I will try to do the best I can to ease her burden. It was fun putting our pictures together. I guess I had a head start on completing our family albums. Also, my fiancee wanted to see how work I put in the application. If she sees a flimsy 15 pages, she would be like, "that's like five minutes of your work and 9 months of my burden." Catch my drift. :whistle:

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

I am actually thinking along the same lines with Caryh. I front loaded because I think the process is much harder on the beneficiary than the petitioner. Since you guys already went through it, I am sure you guys understand. It is really difficult to be apart with my fiancee. I will try to do the best I can to ease her burden. It was fun putting our pictures together. I guess I had a head start on completing our family albums. Also, my fiancee wanted to see how work I put in the application. If she sees a flimsy 15 pages, she would be like, "that's like five minutes of your work and 9 months of my burden." Catch my drift. :whistle:

I didn't over do it though. I just made sure it was very complete with redundant evidence. Maybe 12 pictures, but each was date stamped, each had descriptions of the who and where. A lot of the proof of on going relationship stuff was front loaded. Including a description of first first meeting, how it built and multiple trips. Everything was brief, but complete. Maybe 40 pages were in it, I'm not sure how many really, I never counted it is what it is. But each part was divided and labeled. An over all table of contents, with separate more detailed tables of contents on sections that needed it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I totally agree. My wife dragged so much information with her just to be sure she had everything. It made her feel better about going knowing no matter what they wanted she would have it. Sum total of what they asked for was zero, they didn't even look at the photos. I did everything I could to help my wife feel confident going to the interview. It didn't matter to me that it took two packages sent Fedex at $100 a pop for her to be satisfied she had enough. If it made her less worried, thats what mattered to me. Now being that prepared for the CFO, that is what I'd recommend. You never know what kind of obscure document they're going to ask to see. But some even breeze through that. Seems strange the outfit that is just supposed to counsel them is now creating interviews that are tougher than the embassy.

But made caveat was.. If it makes you feel better. It made her feel better so maybe it was worth it. But your right on, no way they have time to go thru 2 pages of chat transcripts much less 200

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.