SarahZeeshan

drope the lawyer is good decision or not?

5 posts in this topic

Dear Friends,

As you all know about my case; I have been writing so frequently, I hace recieved a query from NVC for the missing docs at first our lwyer did not submit my original docs when it was requested after online bill payments now we received a query, the query recieved in pdf form with the bar code sheet but with general instruction we called NVC and they told the bar code sheet will be same but the particular query will be sending you shortly, my bad luck, the particular stating query I recived with damaged PDF file and now NVC is trying to resent and they will take couple of days more.

Upon confirmation on phone I have collected the original docs and sent already to my husband in US, the bar code sheet will be same BUT now our lawyer is not sending my documents he wants to get the email first from NVC and he told my husband that the bar code sheet will be different which is not correct bacuse I personally confirmed fom NVC. our lawyer is guiding wrong and moreoever why he didnt follow the instruction as stated in the website and why he didnt ask me to fill the DS230 and just write my name and submit the same to NVC and he shouted on my husband why your wife is listening to others and such visajourney website and why your wife made the police clearance unless it is not diected by NVC, he is such a dumb why shouldnt I? if soemthing has already been instructed me online they why shouldnt I.

I told my Husband to drop the lawyer and now we will proceed ourself, I called NVC and foundout the way they just want in writing that we droped the lawyer and in future the correspondence should be recived by petitioner.

I am really surprised that in USA such dumb lawyer exist and how did they get the license to work against the instruction he simply wasting my time and money.

Please suggest me is it good to drop him or should we wait more or what should we do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

. . . he shouted on my husband why your wife is listening to others and such visajourney website and why your wife made the police clearance unless it is not diected by NVC, he is such a dumb why shouldnt I? if soemthing has already been instructed me online they why shouldnt I.

Please suggest me is it good to drop him or should we wait more or what should we do?

Yes, this is a problem with the lawyer. I understand his position of not wanting his clients to be seeking information from other sources, but he is not giving you good service. You are right to drop him.

Although I cannot advise anyone about their specific situation, I do not think that most people need a lawyer for their visa processes. Having said that, it is absolutely essential that you follow the instructions * exactly to the letter * for each step of the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sarah: I want to let you know that I also got corrupted pdf files from NVC. I also read couple of others posts and it looks like many other people are also the victim of that corrupt batch of pdf files. Anyways, today morning I called NVC and representative sent me both files.

Edited by immiprocess

USCIS:

11/19/2011: I-130 Sent

11/25/2011: NOA1 email notification received.

11/28/2011: Petition touched

04/27/2012: NOA2 email notification received.

NVC:

05/07/2012: NVC received

05/30/2012: Called NVC to receive Case # & IIN

XX/XX/2012: AOS bill invoiced and paid

XX/XX/2012: AOS package mailed

XX/XX/2012: AOS Receipt Paid

XX/XX/2012: DS-3032 acceptance e-mail received

XX/XX/2012: IV bill invoiced; IV bill

XX/XX/2012: IV fee

XX/XX/2012: IV fee bill appears PAID

XX/XX/2012: DS-230 delivered to NVC

XX/XX/2012: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy:

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Interview scheduled

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Drop him, and dont worry about bar code sheet. It is always be same and basic purpose of that sheet is to identify your case number. so if your lawyer suggesting you that sheet will going to change then he just making you fool.

Edited by immiprocess

USCIS:

11/19/2011: I-130 Sent

11/25/2011: NOA1 email notification received.

11/28/2011: Petition touched

04/27/2012: NOA2 email notification received.

NVC:

05/07/2012: NVC received

05/30/2012: Called NVC to receive Case # & IIN

XX/XX/2012: AOS bill invoiced and paid

XX/XX/2012: AOS package mailed

XX/XX/2012: AOS Receipt Paid

XX/XX/2012: DS-3032 acceptance e-mail received

XX/XX/2012: IV bill invoiced; IV bill

XX/XX/2012: IV fee

XX/XX/2012: IV fee bill appears PAID

XX/XX/2012: DS-230 delivered to NVC

XX/XX/2012: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy:

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Interview scheduled

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

lawyers are like car mechanics the more time they take and things they screw up the more they charge the client.

Dump the lawyer and do it yourself! You have more experience here collaboratively among the community specially from the senior members whom have been here for a while. Plus follow the examples and many of the members will be more then happy to review the docs for you.

Edited by sn530

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.