Sarah B

Curly Haired Products

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Curly does dominate over straight, but wavy hair is a codominance of straight and curly. So in this case, your daughter got straight from you and straight from her father. Also, of course, it's more complex than a 2 gene pair, but that's the general way it works.

thanks for explaining that, I've wondered about it. My dad's side of the family has very curly hair, but my mom's side has very straight hair.....my siblings and I all have the very wavy hair...

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

My daughter's was straight as a baby, but then started turning into springies when she was about two. You never know how hers might turn out... :)

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I had wavy hair til puberty and then BOOM! massive curly hair. My husband also has curly hair, so we're pretty much set on having a future curly haired brood.

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I appreciate this post! Sandinista, does that shampoo you mentioned that you used on your daughter seem fairly gentle? I have been trying a variety of things on my daughter but most of it makes her break out when I do a little swab on her skin to check for allergies. so most of the time she ends up looking like the picture attached to this post. Which is alright, but can get super frizzy and kinda Einstein-ish, since she won't let me put any clips, ponytails, etc. on her head.

post-60844-0-18348100-1338755815_thumb.jpg

It does seem gentle, but still not a baby shampoo, so I'd be careful that she's able to keep her eyes closed for wash and rinse!

This website here has an ingredients list for some of their products http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74677

On finer hair, you want to use a real light hand with the conditioner, because this line seems geared for coarser hair textures. But as long as I use it on her hair sparingly, it makes nice soft curls and smells so good! My husband can get away with using a tiny bit more, and it makes his hair really soft, and is good for defining curls instead if one big tangly snarl kind of thing.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

OK in all serious now, going to a salon, spending a huge amount of money, prob last the longest (and safest). During our rainy season (6 weeks a yr) I have to get up 30 minutes early to get anywhere near comb thru hair with straightener. Time consuming and annoying BUT when its dry....here I am curling my hair. Curls are sassy and cute :)

Filed: Timeline

Oooooh my hair is SUPER curly and dredlocks really easily, you would think wearing the hijab could cure some of my curly hair knots from hell but alas, no it doesn't lol. (My hair can also be really coarse and my excema will freak out if I use the wrong products eww) I use an olive oil based shampoo called "organic root stimulator olive oil creamy aloe shampoo" link here : http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/products/1

It works awesome and cleans my hair but doesn't leave it with that harsh squeeky feeling! I would definately recommend it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.