tberta.brooks

Need Shots

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all VJers . . . I am in need of some information for my financee. We are in the process of obtaining the required documents for his (long way off) interview. One of them calls for a history of his shots to be given to the doctor for at the time of his medical examination. Well . . he has never had any shots (he is 36 years old and lives in the mountains/jungle where medical facilities are a joke). I have asked him to research this issue on his end and to let me know how much the shots will be and the procedures since he has never had any. He works in Ochi. My question is has anyone else had this issue and where in Ochi should we start to get correct assistance/acceptable paperwork for his upcoming medical examination regarding his visa? Any help/suggestion will be appreciated. Thank you.

Vickie

"Challenges are what make life interesting;

overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"- Joshua J. Marine

It seems like you are applying for K-1 Visa. For K-1 the shots are optional, since he never had them before I would recommend to wait till he gets here and do the required shots. They will look based on the age what shots he need to have. While he can do the same in his country it might be somewhat complicated due to the situation you described.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

Oh, he can come here and get his shots done? He does NOT need them for the medical exam there? Oh, my that would be wonderful . . one less thing to worry with . . .

Vickie

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is not true, Go to http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html and read up on requirements. Also there was a post recently made in the Jamaica portal about md appt. read that also.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

That is not true, Go to http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html and read up on requirements. Also there was a post recently made in the Jamaica portal about md appt. read that also.

Agree! My fiance is waiting for the medical appointment to get the required shots. I sent you a PM too!

Timeline

:blink:

Thank you for correcting my follow jamaicaners. Although he may not need all he will need some. I do suggest once you find out what they are you get started on them as this might run you a pretty dollar.

:thumbs: I'm afraid of the cost as well! yikes

Timeline

I talked to my fiancée, he said to ask yours where did he go to get his physicals for work, they should have records. They are both in the same area. So it sounds like he will be going to St. Ann's Bay for a lot of his paperwork.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

I talked to my fiancée, he said to ask yours where did he go to get his physicals for work, they should have records. They are both in the same area. So it sounds like he will be going to St. Ann's Bay for a lot of his paperwork.

Good advice!! :thumbs:

Timeline

Wow, that is wonderful . . I know that he recently had to get his police clearance so a physical for work would probably be needed. Just tried to call him but the circuits are busy . . . but as soon as I am able I will ask him about this . . Thank you guys . . . this is great . . . my new jamaican family . .

Vickie

Timeline

He may not remember, but he should have gotten some vaccinations if he attended school as a child.

My husband went to the local clinic and they were able to provide him with a shot record that he took to his medical appointment.

Even if your fiance' does not have any record of ever having shots, it will be ok, the doctor will give the specific shots he needs based on his age.

The cost, unfortunately is not cheap! :hehe:

And YES, a K1 does have to get vaccinated! It is possible he will have to get booster shots from a Civil Surgeon here as well before you can Adjust his Status here in the US.

Timeline

thank you and yes the lines have been up and down . . . we are currently working on them . . .poor boy . . I know he is going to be sick .....oh well, what we do for love.

Vickie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.