katbabygurl

NVC Sent to Montreal

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was wondering how long after the NVC has sent my case to Montreal, how long does it take to get my package?

They gave me a new case # and said it was sent to Montreal on May 14th but I still haven't heard anything.

Is there some where I can call to find out the status?

See if you can find a link to the US embassy/consulate where it is supposed to go. Email them and see what they can tell you. This is what I did and the consulate acknowledged getting my package and started the process.

good luck!

Sid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can call the Dept of State to see if the consulate has received it. For us it took about a month for Montreal to get it (it was recent, check my sig for my timeline). Don't wait for them to mail Packet 3, everything you need is online. Once the Dept of State says they have received your petition and mailed Packet 3 you can send it back. If you need help getting the number for the DOS I can try to find it if someone else doesn't post it first. Packet 3 for Montreal can be found here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf. There are many documents that you may need and they take some time (especially if you need to renew the benficiary's passport). I'd get started on those right away. I can share links and tips for the passport renewal, police certificate (we did RCMP one), and birth certificate if you need them, just ask!

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

9/19/11: I-129F Sent

9/22/11: I-129F NOA1

2/8/12: I-129F RFE

3/5/12: I-129F RFE Reply Sent

(RFE details can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365210-rfe-primary-vs-secondary-evidence-feed-back-please/)

3/14/12: I-129F NOA2 (Approved!)

3/20/12: NVC Received Petition

3/29/12: Petition Left NVC

4/19/12: Consulate Received Petition

4/30/12: Packet 3 Notification Received by Petitioner in US

5/11/12: Packet 3 Received by Beneficiary in Canada

5/28/12: Packet 3 Returned via DHL

6/5/12: Packet 3 Received by Consulate, said they'd emailed Packet 4 (haven't received)

8/2/12: Consulate Interview at Montreal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can call the Dept of State to see if the consulate has received it. For us it took about a month for Montreal to get it (it was recent, check my sig for my timeline). Don't wait for them to mail Packet 3, everything you need is online. Once the Dept of State says they have received your petition and mailed Packet 3 you can send it back. If you need help getting the number for the DOS I can try to find it if someone else doesn't post it first. Packet 3 for Montreal can be found here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf. There are many documents that you may need and they take some time (especially if you need to renew the benficiary's passport). I'd get started on those right away. I can share links and tips for the passport renewal, police certificate (we did RCMP one), and birth certificate if you need them, just ask!

seems there is a problem with the DS-156, filled it all out and hit the continue button for it to print and got this error

"Corrupted Content Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I take it this is the only place to get this form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes it has to be submitted online. If you tried to complete it using a browser besides IE I recommend trying again with that. I know there was one my fiance tried to do in Chrome and got errors on.

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

9/19/11: I-129F Sent

9/22/11: I-129F NOA1

2/8/12: I-129F RFE

3/5/12: I-129F RFE Reply Sent

(RFE details can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/365210-rfe-primary-vs-secondary-evidence-feed-back-please/)

3/14/12: I-129F NOA2 (Approved!)

3/20/12: NVC Received Petition

3/29/12: Petition Left NVC

4/19/12: Consulate Received Petition

4/30/12: Packet 3 Notification Received by Petitioner in US

5/11/12: Packet 3 Received by Beneficiary in Canada

5/28/12: Packet 3 Returned via DHL

6/5/12: Packet 3 Received by Consulate, said they'd emailed Packet 4 (haven't received)

8/2/12: Consulate Interview at Montreal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.