maim3

CRBA & US Passport

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJers!

Update with my K1/K2 visa: i'm still waiting for 2Go's text message if it's ready for pick up.

And another update: Finally i gave birth to a 7.7 lbs baby girl last May 26. I'm looking for people who did CRBA and US Passport recently. Please guide me.

Yesterday i sent the BC of my baby to her dad in Hawaii thru FedEx for him to sign together with the CRBA forms he needs to sign and notarize too. I read somewhere in the instructions on the forms that handwritten is not accepted. But i can't type some infos in some forms specially in the Passport form. What should i do?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from DCF forum to CRBA forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Congratulation!

You can read my experience with CRBA at USEM it's not the gospel but it should help you get started.

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

Hi VJers!

Update with my K1/K2 visa: i'm still waiting for 2Go's text message if it's ready for pick up.

And another update: Finally i gave birth to a 7.7 lbs baby girl last May 26. I'm looking for people who did CRBA and US Passport recently. Please guide me.

Yesterday i sent the BC of my baby to her dad in Hawaii thru FedEx for him to sign together with the CRBA forms he needs to sign and notarize too. I read somewhere in the instructions on the forms that handwritten is not accepted. But i can't type some infos in some forms specially in the Passport form. What should i do?

Update, 'if' the US Citizen meets the requirements For CRBA no longer a K2 visa.

Not sure what detailed answer your looking for, if it's for the above in BOLD? Then If you can't or don't like to handwrite forms, most can be filled out via the internet , a PC with a printer. They are called fill-in forms. I obtained, filled out my child's passport form by hand and submitted in person at the US embassy in Manila, with no problem.

BOTH DS-11 and DS 2029 are fill-in forms. Make sure the US Citizen meets the requirements For CRBA.  

SUBMIT A PASSPORT APPLICATION FOR A MINOR UNDER AGE 16: has the fill-in form and can be completed online and printed via your PC and printer.

This is the link http://travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html with the fill-in form

READ STEPS TO SUBMITTING FORM DS-11:

Read and understand Steps 1 and 2 before leaving this page. Please note, there are special requirements for minors under age 16 and minors age 16 and 17 when submitting Form DS-11.

Applying For a Consular Report of Birth Abroad

http://travel.state.gov/travel/living/living_5497.html

If you are a U.S. citizen and the parent of a child born out of the United States, you will need to document your child's U.S. citizenship with a Consular Report of Birth Abroad. This document is used in the United States like a certified copy of a birth certificate, and it is acceptable evidence of citizenship for obtaining a passport and entering school. Although the application forms and final documents are the same everywhere, our embassies and consulates have different procedures to get them. If you haven't done so already, check your local post website to learn the local rules. Our Embassies and Consulates will need you to make an appointment for this service.

Application Forms You will use the same application form -(the DS-2029)- no matter where you apply for the "Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

Here's a link to the DS 2029 fill-in form: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

Supporting Documents You will need all of the following:

The child's foreign birth certificate.

Proof of citizenship of the U.S. citizen parent(s). Your current passport is the preferred form of proof. Your U.S. birth certificate or naturalization certificate is also acceptable.

Proof of the relationship between the U.S. citizen parent(s) and the child. Your child's birth certificate with both parents' names on it is the best form of proof.

If you are married, we need to see proof. If you have prior marriages, we need to see proof of how those marriages ended.

A statement from either U.S. citizen parent and evidence that she/he lived in the U.S. long enough to transmit citizenship to her/his child. The statement you give is called an Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence, and Support.

Here is a link to the form: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/126018.pdf

How long is long enough? That will depend on whether the parents are married, and whether one or both is a U.S. citizen. Learn more about transmitting citizenship here.

How you prove you were physically present will depend a lot on your situation. There is no one-size-fits-all answer. Some examples of acceptable evidence include school transcripts, old passports, income tax returns, utility bills in the name of the parent, employment records, military records, and or medical records. The more you can provide, the easier it will be for the consular officer to approve the CRBA.

You will find all your answers on Travel.State.Gov

Hey sjr.. thanks for posting your experience. Its very helpful. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get a grip on the actual process of applying and THEN scheduling an interview to actually get the CRBA. I have one question.. In your post you said that "due to time constraint" you got the interview in 4 days. Could you please specify on what your time constraint was? I am in a similar situation, my wife and I just had our baby girl on May 25, and we were waiting for the whole 2 month St. Luke's sputum exam. They never called so we assume its negative and i scheduled an appointment to apply for the CRBA on June 22nd, and plan on having my wife's visa interview(assuming everything is cool with St. Luke's) either just before or just after that. Assuming my wife gets the visa approval, it will expire August 19th, due to the fact that it is only good 6 months from the first day of the medical exam. So what I'm getting at here is -- Were you in a similar situation and they helped you out? Because I'm kind of betting on that, otherwise i have to ride the St. Luke's roller-coaster all over again IF I don't get both of these things done, and i live NO WHERE NEAR Manila. Its really really really expensive to travel and stay there for 1-2 weeks like I had to last time.. whew! (Sorry for the novel bro..)

Congratulation!

You can read my experience with CRBA at USEM it's not the gospel but it should help you get started.

Edited by brandonn

March 11, 2011 - Met my wife our local tsunami evacuation center due to the tsunami in Japan.

March 12, 2011 - Begin texting back and forth daily.

April 28, 2011 - :D first night with my wife to be. Officially in a relationship.

June 23, 2011 - Formally propose.

July 23, 2011 - Married in Borongan City.

August 28, 2011 - My daughter is conceived (due on June 1, 2012) :D

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 8, 2012 - Case completed at NVC

March 20, 2012 - First day of med. exam.

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

March 29, 2012 - 3 day sputum test NEGATIVE (culture done on May 28th)

May 25, 2012 - Alaysha Elaiah Mae Arma Nichols (MOUTHFULL) is born. 6 lbs. 18.5" and absolutely gorgeous!

June 19, 2012 - Medical Exam Passed!!

June 22, 2012 - CRBA appt. for my baby girl. APPROVED!!! :D

June 26, 2012 - CR1 Visa Interview for my wife. APPROVED!!! :D

July 6, 2012 - Passport and CRBA in hand!

July 12, 2012 - Visa in hand!

July 19, 2012 - POE LAX!!

August 1, 2012 - Green Card Received!

event.png

age.png

The process is easer then it seems, my time constraint was the amount of time I was staying in Manila before going to Leyte. So Instead of making an appointment and planning my trip around that, I showed up at the embassy with my daughter and wife as a walk in. Submitted the forms, payed fees and a brief conversation with the counselor, ( he did ask to see our child) I explained to him my timeline and was told I would receive a call for the appointment, asap. The interview was four days later. Lucky me!

Like I said the main things they looked at was physical presence in the same location at applicant's time of conception, and supporting docs.

Scheduled an appointment to apply for the CRBA ASAP before your wifes interview.

Yeah i got that one covered.. i have an appointment for June 22nd. I dont even have one for my wife yet, we have to go to St. Lukes first. Funny because i live on Samar so you kind of know how much of a hassle it is having to do all this stuff in Manila.. Im hoping they can appeal to my situation.. i know we will need to be there for as least a week anyways. I read some newsletter from USCS and they said 8 weeks for an interview.. lest hope they are high balling a lot.. Thanks for the reply.

Scheduled an appointment to apply for the CRBA ASAP before your wifes interview.

March 11, 2011 - Met my wife our local tsunami evacuation center due to the tsunami in Japan.

April 28, 2011 - :D first night with my wife to be. Officially in a relationship.

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

May 25, 2012 - Alaysha Elaiah Mae Arma Nichols (MOUTHFULL) is born. 6 lbs. 18.5" and absolutely gorgeous!

event.png

age.png

Yeah i got that one covered.. i have an appointment for June 22nd. I dont even have one for my wife yet, we have to go to St. Lukes first. Funny because i live on Samar so you kind of know how much of a hassle it is having to do all this stuff in Manila.. Im hoping they can appeal to my situation.. i know we will need to be there for as least a week anyways. I read some newsletter from USCS and they said 8 weeks for an interview.. lest hope they are high balling a lot.. Thanks for the reply.

Good Luck! :thumbs:

Make sure your baby gets her PI passport.

Yeah i will definately do that if time allows but i would rather pay for an exit visa and stuff than let my wifes visa expire if it comes to that. What did you need for your baby's passport? Just the BC and both parents w/marriage license?

December 19, 2011 - NOA1

January 5, 2012 - NOA2

March 21, 2012 - SPUTUM

event.png

age.png

Yeah i will definately do that if time allows but i would rather pay for an exit visa and stuff than let my wifes visa expire if it comes to that. What did you need for your baby's passport? Just the BC and both parents w/marriage license?

Not sure your on the same page, Have your wife go and get the child's PI passport now it's only 750 p or so and she can do it her self . Way-way cheaper then costly fees from the BI (Philippine Bureau of Immigration) exit permit and or late fees, when the child exits the Philippines with only a US passport. One plus is with both US and PI passport your child will have Dual Citizenship, with out hassle of paper work/fees down the road.

My wife did it, but this should work http://www.passport.com.ph/requirements

Timeline

Thank you For all your replies. It is very helpful indeed! My appointment is June 29, I just hope by then I already have the NSO copy of my baby's BC. My fiancé just sent it back to me today and it Will take me 3-5 days to receive it. My new questions now are: 1) where will I pay the CRBA and us passport fees? 2) do I need to pay in $ or in Peso?3) how much is the courrier fee?

Google is your friend, please take sometime and do the research. On this link you will find the cost for both CRBA, US Passport and Courier Delivery Fee

First-Time Report of Birth Abroad

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

Timeline

I already did a lot of research and there's no one says"WHERE" to pay the fees. I know how much the fees already. It doesn't say there too how much is the courier fee within Manila. I hope somebody who had experience the CRBA process to reply here and share their experience specially "Where to pay the fees and if u need to pay in $. or in Peso".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.