jon052101

old birth certificate

3 posts in this topic

hi, i have a question... i filled out I-864 and my sister I-864A. NVC emailed me and asked for proof of relationship to the co-sponsor. we have both the birth certificate here but it is from 2001 and it is from local civil registry. i sent it anyway... do you think the consul will ask for the new and NSO birth certificate of both of us? thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, i have a question... i filled out I-864 and my sister I-864A. NVC emailed me and asked for proof of relationship to the co-sponsor. we have both the birth certificate here but it is from 2001 and it is from local civil registry. i sent it anyway... do you think the consul will ask for the new and NSO birth certificate of both of us? thanks

Yes I think the embassy will want NSO certified birth certificates for both of you.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very possibly. While you are waiting, you should go ahead and order new NSO Certified copies of your Birth Certificate. It's very easy to do. Order them online at the following place:

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Default.aspx

Once you order it, you get an email from them and a number to bring to the bank, where you will make payment. Then the Birth Certificates arrive in the mail. Ours took about 12 days, and my fiance's was also an older Birth Certificate from the province, and was also old. If your Birth Certificate has already been registered in the big database, you'll get it even sooner. If they have to go back to the old records to find it, like they did for us, it should still only take a couple of weeks.

I would order two copies for each of you. It won't hurt to have them, and in general, the USCIS and US Embassies DO want to see the official yellow NSO copies of Birth Certificates.

Tim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.