jon052101

petitioner's birth certificate

8 posts in this topic

hi VJ members... i would like to know if in manila embassy, at the interview, they will ask for the petitioner's birth certificate. I know that i have to look here but they are old.. i would like someone who recently interviewed this year to share.. please... thanks

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi VJ members... i would like to know if in manila embassy, at the interview, they will ask for the petitioner's birth certificate. I know that i have to look here but they are old.. i would like someone who recently interviewed this year to share.. please... thanks

No. The embassy already has the confirmation from your petition that you are USC.

BUT the nice folks at CFO will want a copy:

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had sent in my birth certificate in the initial I-129F phase, so if you did that, they will have all that paperwork at the US Embassy (it's all forwarded to them through the NVC).

So I didn't sent another copy of that, no. I don't think it's necessary.

Of course, it can't hurt. I think you had to send a copy of it when you sent the I-129F right?

Timeline

I had sent in my birth certificate in the initial I-129F phase, so if you did that, they will have all that paperwork at the US Embassy (it's all forwarded to them through the NVC).

Of course, it can't hurt. I think you had to send a copy of it when you sent the I-129F right?

:time:

You will need a copy of your birth certificate for the folks at CFO

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

hi, my status is CR1... so are they going to ask for it? thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank_Amy, sorry but not true.

My fiancé just did the CFO three days ago. She had NO information from me, not my birth certificate, not her birth certificate. No supporting evidence of our relationship other than the Visa in her passport, that is all she brought.

They interviewed her, and she passed.

The ONLY documentation the CFO website says is necessary is the original and photocopy of the passport, original and copy of the K1 Visa.

I agree that you SHOULD bring all of those things. Had I known more about the CFO, I would have had Lyn bring all that stuff. And I suppose they could have made her come back with it, but they didn't.

But yes, to be safe, to anyone else, I would highly recommend bringing all of those things.

And it wouldn't be CFO that would want them, it would be PRISM or whoever is doing the counseling session.

Per the website, here is what you need 'after' the class to register at CFO:

Requirements for Registration

• Original and photocopy of Passport;
  • Original and photocopy of visa;
  • Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);
  • Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
  • Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
  • Payment of the authorized registration fee.

That is all you need to register at CFO. The other documents that you're talking about could be required at the Counseling session I suppose before they will grant you the CFO certificate.

Just clarifying.

Timeline

Hank_Amy, sorry but not true.

My fiancé just did the CFO three days ago. She had NO information from me, not my birth certificate, not her birth certificate. No supporting evidence of our relationship other than the Visa in her passport, that is all she brought.

They interviewed her, and she passed.

The ONLY documentation the CFO website says is necessary is the original and photocopy of the passport, original and copy of the K1 Visa.

I agree that you SHOULD bring all of those things. Had I known more about the CFO, I would have had Lyn bring all that stuff. And I suppose they could have made her come back with it, but they didn't.

But yes, to be safe, to anyone else, I would highly recommend bringing all of those things.

And it wouldn't be CFO that would want them, it would be PRISM or whoever is doing the counseling session.

Per the website, here is what you need 'after' the class to register at CFO:

Requirements for Registration

• Original and photocopy of Passport;
  • Original and photocopy of visa;
  • Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);
  • Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
  • Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
  • Payment of the authorized registration fee.

That is all you need to register at CFO. The other documents that you're talking about could be required at the Counseling session I suppose before they will grant you the CFO certificate.

Just clarifying.

The requirement for USC docuements is covered under "other documents" by CFO I just listed what they have asked for most often according to folks here and from my personal experience. None of it is etched in granite... all of it is at the whim of CFO

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Bring any and all relevant documents. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Good luck with your interview! :thumbs:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.