JenniferJacobsson

How did a RFE affect your AOS and EAD process time?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Today I received my first "request for initial evidence", regarding the I-864 affidavit of support papers.

I'm gonna have them sent in first ting tomorrow or Tuesday, but I'm just wondering how did your RFE affect your Adjustment of Status and Employment Authorization process time? Did it take a lot longer or not?

Because they say that they are gonna continue process my Employment authorization form I-765 within 90days of the receipt of your missing initial evidence, and I just think it sounds sooo long, within 3 months? I can't wait that long. :P

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends on the nature of your RFE. I had one for AOS because our wedding officiant didn't submit the marriage certificate to the county. We got that rectified, and our immigration attorney sent the new documents to USCIS on 2 May.

My Permanent Resident Card arrived on 24 May (though, with a spelling error so that's a whole new bucket of suck). Judging by the quick turnaround on my application, I would definitely venture that it varies depending on what, exactly, the RFE requires and how in-depth it needs to be. I assume that in my case they just needed to see a marriage cert and issued the card immediately thereafter.

27 April 2010 - decided to get married

May 2010 - Immi Lawyer Contacted

9 Jul 2010 - I-129F filed

21 Jul 2010 - Petition Received

26 Jul 2010 - NOA1 Received

Late Jul 2010 - Touch

03 Oct 2010 - Touch

05 Jan 2011 - NOA2 (Approved)

11 Jan 2011 - NVC Case Number Generated

21 Jan 2011 - Packet 3 Received by Lawyer; petition now at Consulate

11 Feb 2011 - Received Scans of Packet 3 Checklist from Immi Lawyer

01 Jun 2011 - Appointment Letter, Booked 9 Sep 2011

31 Aug 2011 - Medical in Toronto, passed

09 Sep 2011 - Interview, Visa Approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.