BettieBlue

What to wear for interview

21 posts in this topic

Don't worry I won't.... :no: I'm wearing a long black skirt and probably a sweater or cute button up top.....I haven't decided yet. Tomorrow I'm off, so I'm going to go thru my closet & find the right top, then get the rest of my clothes together for my trip. And then I'm spending the day with my mom :-)

Wear what makes YOU feel confident and comfortable. They see all kinds of clothes. "Smart casual" is more-or-less the norm, but unless you really stand out, your clothes won't make much of a difference to them. But if a particular outfit changes your attitude and makes you feel like you can project an extra air of confidence, then go with it.

"You're my heaven in life and death"

March 2003 Met my true love online

Dec 2003 Tony came to Texas

March 2004 I went to London

June 2004 Tony came to Texas late

Sept 2004 I went to London

April 2005 Tony came back to Texas

4-12-05 Got married

I 130

6-24-05 Sent off I-130 packet

1-25-06 Petition appoved

I 129F/ K3

7-18-05 Mailed I-129F

7-20-05 I-129F received

7-25-05 sent off for Police Cert.

8-11-05 received Police Cert

8-19-05 NOA1

09-??-05 forwarded to chicago(I sent to wrong place)

10-24-05 received NOA1 for 129F

11-01-05 touched

11-28-05 touched

12-02-05 Received approval /forwarded to NVC

12-13-05 forwarded to the London embassy

12-29-05 received email from London, packet 3 sent

12-31-05 Packet 3 arrives

1-13-06 mails forms to Embassy

1-27-06 Tony mails checklist to Embassy

2-1-06 Tony's medical @ 10:30am London time

3-05-06 flying to London to see Tony

3-08-06 INTERVIEW @ 9:30 AM

VISA IS APPROVED!!!!

3-10-06 VISA arrives

4-28-06 Tony comes home!!!!!!!

EAD took exactly 90 days

6-21-06 I485 mailed

6-28-06 NOA1

11-20-06 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was told Spouses couldn't go in to the interviews at the Consulate so it will not do any good. Maybe you should contact them first to make sure you are able to go before worrying what you should wear. Hope this helps you out. This is one of the reasons I didn't go to my husbands interview.

Ok.... so I'm leaving for London on March 5th, interview is March 8th, 9:30 am.....and I have no idea what to wear. I'm in southeast Texas, so it's not very cold..... Tony (hubby) says it's really cold in London, and this Texas girl is not used to that nor do I have that kind of 'winter' wear. But my big question is, what do I wear for the interview?!? Can it be casual (nice jeans & a shirt), dressier? can I go in my normal clothes or should I dress up in something that i normally wouldn't wear?

Currently I look normal, but I'm fighting the temptation to dye some of my hair teal. When my husband met me I had purple hair :-) I work at a store called Hot Topic.... thats why I get to do silly stuff like dye my hair strange colors, and dress a little wierd

As it is, due to the fact that his boss isn't letting him off the night before the interview (he works nights), and he lives to far away (2 hours by bus), I'm going to have to go to work with him, and then head straight out from there to the embassy. So i get to hang out at Tesco all night, hehe.... but I get to watch him work :-)

Any advise would be appreciated.

cheers,

Christine

Why wouldn't a spouse be able to go? That seems odd, since this interview is about a spousal visa. I've never heard any such thing.

cheers,

Christine

I was told Spouses couldn't go in to the interviews at the Consulate so it will not do any good. Maybe you should contact them first to make sure you are able to go before worrying what you should wear. Hope this helps you out. This is one of the reasons I didn't go to my husbands interview.

"You're my heaven in life and death"

March 2003 Met my true love online

Dec 2003 Tony came to Texas

March 2004 I went to London

June 2004 Tony came to Texas late

Sept 2004 I went to London

April 2005 Tony came back to Texas

4-12-05 Got married

I 130

6-24-05 Sent off I-130 packet

1-25-06 Petition appoved

I 129F/ K3

7-18-05 Mailed I-129F

7-20-05 I-129F received

7-25-05 sent off for Police Cert.

8-11-05 received Police Cert

8-19-05 NOA1

09-??-05 forwarded to chicago(I sent to wrong place)

10-24-05 received NOA1 for 129F

11-01-05 touched

11-28-05 touched

12-02-05 Received approval /forwarded to NVC

12-13-05 forwarded to the London embassy

12-29-05 received email from London, packet 3 sent

12-31-05 Packet 3 arrives

1-13-06 mails forms to Embassy

1-27-06 Tony mails checklist to Embassy

2-1-06 Tony's medical @ 10:30am London time

3-05-06 flying to London to see Tony

3-08-06 INTERVIEW @ 9:30 AM

VISA IS APPROVED!!!!

3-10-06 VISA arrives

4-28-06 Tony comes home!!!!!!!

EAD took exactly 90 days

6-21-06 I485 mailed

6-28-06 NOA1

11-20-06 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn't a spouse be able to go? That seems odd, since this interview is about a spousal visa. I've never heard any such thing.

cheers,

Christine

Some consulates and embassies do not allow anyone except the visa applicant to attend the interview. HCMC is one of them. Check with London before you assume that you will allowed to attend.

Edited by scy

Ok.... so I'm leaving for London on March 5th, interview is March 8th, 9:30 am.....and I have no idea what to wear. I'm in southeast Texas, so it's not very cold..... Tony (hubby) says it's really cold in London, and this Texas girl is not used to that nor do I have that kind of 'winter' wear. But my big question is, what do I wear for the interview?!? Can it be casual (nice jeans & a shirt), dressier? can I go in my normal clothes or should I dress up in something that i normally wouldn't wear?

Currently I look normal, but I'm fighting the temptation to dye some of my hair teal. When my husband met me I had purple hair :-) I work at a store called Hot Topic.... thats why I get to do silly stuff like dye my hair strange colors, and dress a little wierd

As it is, due to the fact that his boss isn't letting him off the night before the interview (he works nights), and he lives to far away (2 hours by bus), I'm going to have to go to work with him, and then head straight out from there to the embassy. So i get to hang out at Tesco all night, hehe.... but I get to watch him work :-)

cheers,

Christine

Hey, My interview is also that same day at 8.30am and I was also thinking how should I dress for the occasion. So I came up with this plan that as their single objective is to determine that I wont become a burden on the state if they let me into the USA I'm gonna wear every bit of jewellery I have and make sure its on display..I'll also wear my suede jacket, one to ward off the cold outside whilst waiting to get in and also it looks like I can afford good clothes, and I may even take someone with me and pretend they are my butler/footman and tell them to go get the carriage as soon as Im ready to leave..and inform Mommy I'll be back at the Palace very soon....lol...JUST KIDDING OK!!

I would say just wear what makes you feel comfortable and at ease and presents you in your most favourable manner cause I think that although they should not be swayed by appearances cause we all have our own personality this whole process seems to attempt to strip us of that and we become a statistic who needs to be dealt with, so keeping that Aura of individuality and Karma as a person does project a better image to anyone who is conducting an interview.

cheers,

Christine

Hey, My interview is also that same day at 8.30am and I was also thinking how should I dress for the occasion. So I came up with this plan that as their single objective is to determine that I wont become a burden on the state if they let me into the USA I'm gonna wear every bit of jewellery I have and make sure its on display..I'll also wear my suede jacket, one to ward off the cold outside whilst waiting to get in and also it looks like I can afford good clothes, and I may even take someone with me and pretend they are my butler/footman and tell them to go get the carriage as soon as Im ready to leave..and inform Mommy that I'll be back at the palace soon......lol...JUST KIDDING OK!!

I would say just wear what makes you feel comfortable and at ease and presents you in your most favourable manner cause I think that although they should not be swayed by appearances cause we all have our own personality this whole process seems to attempt to strip us of that and we become a statistic who needs to be dealt with, so keeping that Aura of individuality and Karma as a person does project a better image to anyone who is conducting an interview. Good Luck cya there Christine... :dance: B) :D:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Gladdy

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree I wish they allowed spouses in the interview too. Hope your Consulate turns out to be one that allows you in. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers,

Christine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.