Vignesh

Status of Service Request

3 posts in this topic

Hi every one,

I thanks you all in advance for taking time to help me.

I mailed my I-751 petition on the 16th of April 2012 to the vermont center. My application was received on the 19th April and I received NOA on the 23rd of April dated 19th April. Then I almost waited a month for bio letter. Since I am planning to shift my family soon, I called the USCIS on the 15th of May 2012 requesting information about the biometrics appointment. They registered a service request for me. I did not request one honestly. Even though it was within 1 month time line they registered one because they said they did not see an attempt for scheduling one yet.

On the 21st of May I received bio letter dated the 18th and appointment date for the 11th of June. But on the 23rd I received another letter from USCIS also dated the 18th of May, stating that "Our records indicate that we recently requested that you go one of our ASC for biometrics. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete this process".

I am just worried with what they mean my "in suspense". Is this a usual letter or do they mean anything else.

Please let me know

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is not a usual letter to get but it is the usual process. Your case does not have anything done to it until your biometrics is taken. Once you have biometrics and they finish the background check they then start working on your case. So until you have biometrics taken your case will be sitting in a box waiting.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Hi every one,

I thanks you all in advance for taking time to help me.

I mailed my I-751 petition on the 16th of April 2012 to the vermont center. My application was received on the 19th April and I received NOA on the 23rd of April dated 19th April. Then I almost waited a month for bio letter. Since I am planning to shift my family soon, I called the USCIS on the 15th of May 2012 requesting information about the biometrics appointment. They registered a service request for me. I did not request one honestly. Even though it was within 1 month time line they registered one because they said they did not see an attempt for scheduling one yet.

On the 21st of May I received bio letter dated the 18th and appointment date for the 11th of June. But on the 23rd I received another letter from USCIS also dated the 18th of May, stating that "Our records indicate that we recently requested that you go one of our ASC for biometrics. Your case is currently in suspense until you complete this process".

I am just worried with what they mean my "in suspense". Is this a usual letter or do they mean anything else.

Please let me know

Don't worry about that letter, it literally means "we can not go ahead & process your ROC until your Bio is done", that is the response letter to your SR (Service Request).

You go to Bio & get it done. Then wait 8+months for a decision if you're lucky :)VSC is extremely slow !.....

Edited by Cino

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.