Mark and Melyn

6:30 AM Non-Priority Embassy Appointment in Manila

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the NVC shortly after receiving notice of our I-129F approval, so that I could get the case number, which then allowed me to schedule her appointment online (or phone if i wanted). It was better if I (the US citizen) scheduled it because she was getting some refusal when she tried on the phone. So I scheduled it online, and got her appointment scheduled out for the 30th, estimating that all the papers would have easily arrived at the embassy by then; I estimated well because her official letter arrived to her home on the 25th.

Scheduling early like this saved three weeks of time, but doing it this way her scheduled appointment time is 6:30am, which I have learned is a non-priority, first come, first served basis; some local folks have said that you must arrive at the Manila embassy by around 4am to get a good place in line. I just wanted to pass that info along if anyone gets a 6:30 appointment.

Also, I recommend having your Fiancee arrive a few days early before her interview because the medical exam is a 2-day process and the vaccinations on the second day may make her a bit tired the day after.

Edited by Mark and Melyn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long after the noa2 did you call?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-24

NVC Received : 2012-06-28

NVC Left : 2012-07-03

Consulate Received : 2012-07-09

Interview Date : 2012-08-13 Submit Review

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 156 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 237 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check on your embassy case number:

For the NVC:

Give them 7 - 10 days before calling. Call after 4:45 PM eastern time for shorter wait times

K1's are not tracked through the AVR, ever. They are processed like an immigrant visa, but they are NOT immigrant visas, so they fall into a completely different class of their own. Therefore you need an operator. To get there:

1-603-334-0700 Operator assistance is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Press 1 for English

Press 5 for an operator

NVC CONTACT INFORMATION:

E-mail: NVCInquiry@state.gov

REQUIRED SECURITY INFORMATION:

You are required to provide the following security information with each inquiry to receive a case specific response:

* NVC Case Number or USCIS Receipt Number (Place in the subject line of the e-mail).

* Petitioner's name and date of birth.

( NOTE: If the visa petition is employment-based, include the employer's company/organization name instead of the petitioner's name and date of birth. )

* Principal Applicant's name and date of birth.

* If you are an attorney, include your name and the name and address of your law office.

After NOA2 AND YOU HAVE YOUR MNL #

(open all of these links then save them to your bookmarks so you have them for easy access)

Embassy:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf

The DS-156 can be difficult to complete sometimes, if you have issues try a different web browser. I had problems getting it to print with IE8, Chrome, Firefox, finally got it to print using Safari.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/

When scheduling online with the embassy you need to include the "XX" at the beginning of the passport number, your passport number IS your receipt number.

Priorty Date; this is the date the NOA 2 was approved.

Make sure to print two copies of the interview confirmation page as you will need one for St. Luke's and the other for the embassy.

St. Luke's:

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy, and of course the 2X2 photos.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 for advice and 18-21 for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the NVC shortly after receiving notice of our I-129F approval, so that I could get the case number, which then allowed me to schedule her appointment online (or phone if i wanted). It was better if I (the US citizen) scheduled it because she was getting some refusal when she tried on the phone. So I scheduled it online, and got her appointment scheduled out for the 30th, estimating that all the papers would have easily arrived at the embassy by then; I estimated well because her official letter arrived to her home on the 25th.

Scheduling early like this saved three weeks of time, but doing it this way her scheduled appointment time is 6:30am, which I have learned is a non-priority, first come, first served basis; some local folks have said that you must arrive at the Manila embassy by around 4am to get a good place in line. I just wanted to pass that info along if anyone gets a 6:30 appointment.

Also, I recommend having your Fiancee arrive a few days early before her interview because the medical exam is a 2-day process and the vaccinations on the second day may make her a bit tired the day after.

When scheduling online many times 6:30AM will be the only time showing as available on certain dates.

I think arriving at 4AM is way too early, we arrived at 5:30 for the 6:30 interview and were done by about 10AM.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Same here.. arrived 530, out by 10am.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agreed, no reason to go at 4am. My fiance's interview was two weeks ago. She arrived around 6am, and was done by 10:30.

Also, just FYI because I found out by doing it, we had to move our interview date twice because of late paperwork. You are allowed to change your interview date twice, and after that, you'd have to pay again the $350 or so fee. And when we were doing it, interview dates were available within a week, so not a bad strategy to book it, knowing you can easily push the date twice if you need to without any penalty.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long after the noa2 did you call?

I believe it took about 1 week after the approval in the mail; maybe 10 days tops. You can just give a call each day or two after that period.

She went in at 5am and was #21 in line and got approved today by 10:30!!! Yeah, we are so happy.

See my notes here for http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367790-secrets-to-scheduling-interview-online/ where I talk about this in more details. I'm glad that we did not wait for the NVC letter; she lives in the provinces and they did not deliver her letter.

Agreed, no reason to go at 4am. My fiance's interview was two weeks ago. She arrived around 6am, and was done by 10:30.

Also, just FYI because I found out by doing it, we had to move our interview date twice because of late paperwork. You are allowed to change your interview date twice, and after that, you'd have to pay again the $350 or so fee. And when we were doing it, interview dates were available within a week, so not a bad strategy to book it, knowing you can easily push the date twice if you need to without any penalty.

I agree that 4am was not needed; she went in at 5am as was #21; by 6am however on her day there were 300; so it seems on her day that 5am made a big difference.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.