Italian Mom

Removing Conditions for child older that 21

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

My kid received today his CG, based on my marriage. He came in the US after I did, so he filed for adjustment of status (from K2 visa) months after I did. I got married before he was 19 and after applying for adjustment of status I received a 2year conditional CG which expires on August 2013. Since he applied after I did (plus it took him more 7and 1/2 months to get his CG), his GC expires on May 2014 (two years from now and after mine expires).

When he will file for removal of the conditions for his CG, he will be 22.5 years old. My concern is about his age, because I have read somewhere about a certain age limit of 21, but I am not sure if it appliesd and/or affects his case

Are my concerns real?

Thank you in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Since your child obtained his 2 year GC over 90 days since you, he will have to apply separately as you stated. I do not think that you have to worry that at the time he applies for ROC he is over 21. The important fact is that he entered

the United States before he was 21 years old.

Archie

My kid received today his CG, based on my marriage. He came in the US after I did, so he filed for adjustment of status (from K2 visa) months after I did. I got married before he was 19 and after applying for adjustment of status I received a 2year conditional CG which expires on August 2013. Since he applied after I did (plus it took him more 7and 1/2 months to get his CG), his GC expires on May 2014 (two years from now and after mine expires).

When he will file for removal of the conditions for his CG, he will be 22.5 years old. My concern is about his age, because I have read somewhere about a certain age limit of 21, but I am not sure if it appliesd and/or affects his case

Are my concerns real?

Thank you in advance!

You guys will apply separately, you are going to pay $505+$85=$590 each at different times. Altogether, it will cost you $1,180 (of course, if the fee stays unincreased until then).

You can file your ROC (depends on the date of your CGC expires) between May 2013 & August 2013 (of course before your CGC expires) &

your son can file his ROC (depends on the date of his CGC expires) between February 2014 - May 2014 (of course before his CGC expires).

You can actually calculate the exact dates from this USCIS link : http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

It does not matter how old he is now as long as he has entered US before the age of 21.

Btw, he will inherit his PR from you, because he is not removing any condition actually but you are.

If you have been approved he will be approved automatically and vice versa, meaning that if you have not been approved he won't be approved either.

Good luck!.....Please keep us posted....

Edited by Cino

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.