XPRSURSLF

Timeline of DIfferent Stages during Administrative Processing

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Does any body know the timeline of different stages during AP. I am just trying to decipher the vague language the folks at DOS use. Perhaps people who have called DOS might know what I am talking about. So if your case is pending AP means nobody has started working on it. If they tell you somebody is working on it how long is it till they reach finalizing stage? I know it depends from case to case but perhaps anyone who has tracked their case at that level might be able to share such details.

So we called DOS today and the person told us they are currently working on our case. Thats about it. So whats next now?? I thought they were working on it since last 2+ months but this is the first time someone told us that they our file is actually been worked upon. Please share your experience and thoughts regarding the timeline. How long to anticipate roughly..and whats the next stage and time period?

Thanks

Does any body know the timeline of different stages during AP. I am just trying to decipher the vague language the folks at DOS use. Perhaps people who have called DOS might know what I am talking about. So if your case is pending AP means nobody has started working on it. If they tell you somebody is working on it how long is it till they reach finalizing stage? I know it depends from case to case but perhaps anyone who has tracked their case at that level might be able to share such details.

So we called DOS today and the person told us they are currently working on our case. Thats about it. So whats next now?? I thought they were working on it since last 2+ months but this is the first time someone told us that they our file is actually been worked upon. Please share your experience and thoughts regarding the timeline. How long to anticipate roughly..and whats the next stage and time period?

Thanks

Welcome to the hell whole of AP. I have been in AP since Feb 08 12. Each time I call DOS, they say its pending AP. I am not sure what exactly does it mean though. All of my other family members have been out of AP for a long time now, but I am still stuck. There is no timeline for AP, It could take months to years, so pray hard that yours AP is not in years. I am f2a derivative my mom is a primary/principal applicant. They are still waiting for my AP to complete. Islamabad embassy didnt even issue a visa for them as well. Pray for us.

Thx

Timeline

Welcome to the hell whole of AP. I have been in AP since Feb 08 12. Each time I call DOS, they say its pending AP. I am not sure what exactly does it mean though. All of my other family members have been out of AP for a long time now, but I am still stuck. There is no timeline for AP, It could take months to years, so pray hard that yours AP is not in years. I am f2a derivative my mom is a primary/principal applicant. They are still waiting for my AP to complete. Islamabad embassy didnt even issue a visa for them as well. Pray for us.

Thx

I think there is a difference between pending AP and case being worked on. So all I want to know is how long does it take while the case is being worked on till the next stage.

I think there is a difference between pending AP and case being worked on. So all I want to know is how long does it take while the case is being worked on till the next stage.

We cant predict the time on AP cases. However, I am not aware of the difference between pending AP and case being worked on.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks

Ohhhh I wish we could understand the DOS jargan... I've heard pending, processing, worked on, updates, etc... But What i do find is each operator is different in their way of saying things. Sarah has been the best one out of the whole!!! She gives it to you straight and she's told me its pending but they have worked on it.. last big updates we've gotten have been in December when she said we had more than 3 updates to our case and then one in Feb... since then I feel like its sitting on someones desk because the only updates since have been inquiry from senator and congressman.

If you ever figure it out.. you could write a book and be a billionaire in no time!!!!! AP is the biggest black abyss i've ever in my life experienced and it's painful and heartbreaking and can be hopeless without a little bit of info... but i do my best to keep my chin up but its getting harder daily...

But you are right... the inconsistency in answers from the operators can put more confusion into the unknown.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Ohhhh I wish we could understand the DOS jargan... I've heard pending, processing, worked on, updates, etc... But What i do find is each operator is different in their way of saying things. Sarah has been the best one out of the whole!!! She gives it to you straight and she's told me its pending but they have worked on it.. last big updates we've gotten have been in December when she said we had more than 3 updates to our case and then one in Feb... since then I feel like its sitting on someones desk because the only updates since have been inquiry from senator and congressman.

If you ever figure it out.. you could write a book and be a billionaire in no time!!!!! AP is the biggest black abyss i've ever in my life experienced and it's painful and heartbreaking and can be hopeless without a little bit of info... but i do my best to keep my chin up but its getting harder daily...

But you are right... the inconsistency in answers from the operators can put more confusion into the unknown.

ok thnx for the reply. Does that mean that the status updates mean nothing. For a moment I was relieved that our case is being worked upon but looks like its just different way of saying things. :(:(

Timeline

No no its their way of reassuring you it isn't just sitting holding up a table leg

Each person has their own way I saying things Chris knows I'll cry and Brian does too lol Southey will say hey hey look evthing is ok they are working on it it's just not completed yet and it looks like your case is fine just takes time

There are two I can't remb names but they will say pending and call us back next week and hang up

It's really being worked on I promise it's kind of like goon to the dr office you sign on and wait but you have to wait on the others to clear their issues to get out of the exam room before your name is called and depending on your issues you may have a few min and be on your way or they may refer you to other places for more medical testing to find he right diagnosis

Hang in there they truly are working they just can't tell you what it is

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

No no its their way of reassuring you it isn't just sitting holding up a table leg

Each person has their own way I saying things Chris knows I'll cry and Brian does too lol Southey will say hey hey look evthing is ok they are working on it it's just not completed yet and it looks like your case is fine just takes time

There are two I can't remb names but they will say pending and call us back next week and hang up

It's really being worked on I promise it's kind of like goon to the dr office you sign on and wait but you have to wait on the others to clear their issues to get out of the exam room before your name is called and depending on your issues you may have a few min and be on your way or they may refer you to other places for more medical testing to find he right diagnosis

Hang in there they truly are working they just can't tell you what it is

Sounds like u know them all by their names. We never asked any names. Probably because by the time we are done with hearing the same bad news everytime we call we just feel like hanging up. I will try to see if I can get hold of Sarah next time but one thing is for sure they don't care about emotions :crying:

The last time we called the person kept saying most cases are done within 90 days. We told him its been more than 90 days so he was like well some take longer... :wacko::wacko:

Edited by XPRSURSLF

Timeline

Sounds like u know them all by their names. We never asked any names. Probably because by the time we are done with hearing the same bad news everytime we call we just feel like hanging up. I will try to see if I can get hold of Sarah next time but one thing is for sure they don't care about emotions :crying:

The last time we called the person kept saying most cases are done within 90 days. We told him its been more than 90 days so he was like well some take longer... :wacko::wacko:

Try keeping a log book on the date you call time you call who you speak with and exactly what they say.. sometimes you see a pattern emerge ;) maybe it will be a GOOD pattern :D

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.