foofurrah

Update on Guangzhou Health Clinic

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So we've arrived in Guangzhou. Thought I'd post a few updates on things. Firstly, the clinic is located next to the construction site of the new consulate. It's less than a 10 minute cab ride from the current consulate (our ride cost us 17 RMB, we're staying right next to the current consulate). You need 5 photos for the health check and 900 RMB, or if your beneficiary doesn't have any vaccination records you need to pay 1286 RMB. The address given by the consulate is correct: 5/F East Tower, Poly Bld, No. 59 Huali Road, Zhujiang New City, Guangzhou Tel: (020) 81219500. If you're near the front of the line when they open at 7:30 you're supposed to be able to get your results the same day in the afternoon. My wife got flagged for more tests, so it looks like our appointment is going to be postponed.

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Timeline

Ok, then, when you mentioned that the consulate was supposed to be moving, it made sense, but I thought I remembered my wife telling me the clinic moved. I'll say i was mistaken on this. Thanks for that, but I swear there was an issue she had with finding directions, because one of the places moved (although with the consulate going up, she might have had trouble with that one).

Regardless, thanks for clearing that part up.

Timeline

So we've arrived in Guangzhou. Thought I'd post a few updates on things. Firstly, the clinic is located next to the construction site of the new consulate. It's less than a 10 minute cab ride from the current consulate (our ride cost us 17 RMB, we're staying right next to the current consulate). You need 5 photos for the health check and 900 RMB, or if your beneficiary doesn't have any vaccination records you need to pay 1286 RMB. The address given by the consulate is correct: 5/F East Tower, Poly Bld, No. 59 Huali Road, Zhujiang New City, Guangzhou Tel: (020) 81219500. If you're near the front of the line when they open at 7:30 you're supposed to be able to get your results the same day in the afternoon. My wife got flagged for more tests, so it looks like our appointment is going to be postponed.

Thanks for the info! Good luck in the interview!

Edited by dware94

USCIS

10/17/2011------ I-130 Sent

10/24/2011------ NOA1 email received

04/14/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED

NVC

04/16/2012------ Case received at NVC

04/26/2012------ Case number received, IIN, email given

04/30/2012------ AOS/IV invoice received

05/02/2012------ AOS/IV fees paid, OPTIN email sent

05/03/2012------ OPTIN request approved, AOS/DS230 E-Filed, AOS/IV fees marked as paid

05/08/2012------ Called NVC, missing packet 3 supplement form, submitted packet 3 supplement form via email

05/09/2012------ Received email stating packet 3 supplement form is missing

05/11/2012------ Case Closed

05/17/2012------ Received interview date

06/04/2012------ Medical exam started

06/06/2012------ Medical exam results received (waited 2 days for TB test results)

06/12/2012------ Document Intake

06/13/2012------ Interview date

06/13/2012------ APPROVED!!!

06/19/2012------ Visa Received (stayed in Guangzhou)

06/22/2012------ POE Atlanta

Timeline

Sorry, that should be 1268 RMB with the vaccines, typo. You also need to bring your wife's passport and appointment letter. Just fyi. Not sure when our appointment will be now, they think my wife may have TB and the test will take 6-8 weeks, after which they'll schedule another appointment if the test comes back negative. We're a little bummed out.

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

Timeline

foofoorah - there's been some reports here about false TB indicators over the last 12 months. I pray that's the case for you...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Great information, 谢谢.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Sorry, that should be 1268 RMB with the vaccines, typo. You also need to bring your wife's passport and appointment letter. Just fyi. Not sure when our appointment will be now, they think my wife may have TB and the test will take 6-8 weeks, after which they'll schedule another appointment if the test comes back negative. We're a little bummed out.

Sorry to hear that, I hope your wife's TB test comes back OK and you keep your date.

USCIS

10/17/2011------ I-130 Sent

10/24/2011------ NOA1 email received

04/14/2012------ NOA2 APPROVED

NVC

04/16/2012------ Case received at NVC

04/26/2012------ Case number received, IIN, email given

04/30/2012------ AOS/IV invoice received

05/02/2012------ AOS/IV fees paid, OPTIN email sent

05/03/2012------ OPTIN request approved, AOS/DS230 E-Filed, AOS/IV fees marked as paid

05/08/2012------ Called NVC, missing packet 3 supplement form, submitted packet 3 supplement form via email

05/09/2012------ Received email stating packet 3 supplement form is missing

05/11/2012------ Case Closed

05/17/2012------ Received interview date

06/04/2012------ Medical exam started

06/06/2012------ Medical exam results received (waited 2 days for TB test results)

06/12/2012------ Document Intake

06/13/2012------ Interview date

06/13/2012------ APPROVED!!!

06/19/2012------ Visa Received (stayed in Guangzhou)

06/22/2012------ POE Atlanta

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your wife's test results. We will pray for prompt resolution of this temporary impediment to your immigration journey....

I apologize for my prior comment, I am appreciative of the initial clinic location information.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Oh, man, that's terrible news. Good luck with everything. Hopefully like Darnell mentioned, you're just another one of those false positives.

Good luck, once again.

Timeline

Another thought. Would it be cheaper and/or more efficent for my wife to get her vaccinations in Nanning NOW, and take the records with her to the clinic? If show, what vaccinations should she get?

Timeline

Here is the CDC site, http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html And USCIS USCIS - Vaccination Requirements - USCIS Where can I find information about vaccinations in general? A. CDC publishes information about vaccinations in general and information about the vaccine requirements ... www.uscis.gov/.../menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a?vgnextoid=3384cc5

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

WOW bigdog. Amazing information. Looks like my wife needs only 3 vaccinations: MMR (Mumps/Measles/Rubella); Tdap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis); and Viricella (Small Pox). The rest are not "age appropriate" if you're over 18, and the Seasonal Influenza is not required April-Sept.

Has anyone out there brought Vaccination Records and had things go smoothly? My wife would prefer to get the vaccinations at her Hospital in Nanning, and bring the record that they would give her with her. However, I wouldn't want her to have trouble and/or get asked to have the vaccines a second time.

Edited by FoundNanning

Timeline

Thanks guys, I think she's fine. She doesn't have any of the symptoms and what set this off was a very small shadow on her chest x-ray, which could be nothing. We're mostly bummed that we're likely looking at at least another 3 months of waiting and another trip to Guangzhou. Nothing to do I guess. If she does have TB it's good that we caught it now, even if it is a pain in the 屁股.

FoundNanning: I think you can get the shots anywhere, but you need the official Chinese yellow vaccination book that proves it was administered (again, I think). They gave my wife the 4 you mention above, including influenza (in May) and they are recorded in a yellow book titled "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis".

Timeline

my apologies - it wasn't false tb result - it was false std result - see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/314500-medical-test-syphilis/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks guys, I think she's fine. She doesn't have any of the symptoms and what set this off was a very small shadow on her chest x-ray, which could be nothing. We're mostly bummed that we're likely looking at at least another 3 months of waiting and another trip to Guangzhou. Nothing to do I guess. If she does have TB it's good that we caught it now, even if it is a pain in the 屁股.

FoundNanning: I think you can get the shots anywhere, but you need the official Chinese yellow vaccination book that proves it was administered (again, I think). They gave my wife the 4 you mention above, including influenza (in May) and they are recorded in a yellow book titled "International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis".

Incidentally, back in September, I had the exact same issue, only with lung cancer, instead of tb. Turns out the truth was... the hospital was scamming me for money (I even went in for CT scans). Bad side is, I flew back home the next day, because they told me I'd be dead if I didn't get immediate surgery. Truth was... it was a complete lie. I had a bad case of gastritis, which they ignored, completely. So, hopefully the same is true for you. It is a shame that your interview is postponed, but you don't need insult added to injury here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.