ahmedasha

visa APPORVED, then administrative process.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi everyone..

im so sad today :(

i made my interview on last week on the 16th, and the consular asked me what are u doing here in kenya and why u didn`t make the interview in EGYPT ? ( i answered it) then he said sorry i will send ur case to the U.S embassy in Egypt where u should have ur interview beacuse i don`t know anything about the egyption culture, then i said NO please i can`t go back to egypt and i explained to him why i can`t go back to EGYPT, he was too nice and understood my situation and he said ok have sit for minute, then he called my name again and started interviewing me, he asked me a few Questations and he asked for proofs i showed him all the evidence (my evidence was good) even he made fun of a photo of me and my wife together, and eventually he gave me white paper and told me, track ur case from here and we will send u the visa within a week i smiled big smile to him and i thanx him allot, then he said ( enjoy ur time in the states ) then i left to home happy and after 5 days, lady from the embassy called me and told me ur case is going under administrative process, me and my wife got shocked then we contacted the DOS to check our case they told my wife, madam ur husband is case pending under security check....

so how long this security check might take at the DOS ?

and what`s gonna happen after this security check ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi ahmedasha. I believe one of the reasons your case was placed into AP is because you are from another country and interviewed in Kenya. They are probably just doing some security checks, information checks, etc., so you will have to wait patiently and hopefully it won't take too long. It's hard to say how long AP can take. Sometimes it takes only a couple weeks, sometimes it takes months. Just pray yours won't be too long. I'm sure they are also checking as to why you could not return to Egypt for the interview, that's all. Although I know it's not easy...AP is better than a denial. Hang tight, my friend, and I'm sorry about the AP.

Edited by Ben and Jill

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Hi ahmedasha. I believe one of the reasons your case was placed into AP is because you are from another country and interviewed in Kenya. They are probably just doing some security checks, information checks, etc., so you will have to wait patiently and hopefully it won't take too long. It's hard to say how long AP can take. Sometimes it takes only a couple weeks, sometimes it takes months. Just pray yours won't be too long. I'm sure they are also checking as to why you could not return to Egypt for the interview, that's all. Although I know it's not easy...AP is better than a denial. Hang tight, my friend, and I'm sorry about the AP.

[/quote

an1cJTEJmf-0000MTAwNjA3c3wzNDI2NTA4MGxhfGZyb20gb3VyIHdlZGRpbmcgZGF5.gif

as1cHv_Hg3D0000MTA2NTQ4bHwwMDA2OTE5bHxzaW5jZSBpd2UgYmVjb21lIGJmIGFuZCBnZg.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.