Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Name change

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

Hello everyone! My fiance (from Iligan City) and I are trying to get everything together for our K-1 petition. I've read through the guides and everything, but I just had a few questions.

1) My fiance had his first name on his birth certificate officially changed in 2009. However, he has always used this 2nd name since he was little...he never once used the name on his original birth certificate. The guide does not mention sending in a copy of the fiance's BC, but I'm wondering if I should since it's a name change. The guide states to show proof of legal name change if using a name other than what's shown on relevant documents. The only actual document with his original first name is his original BC.

2) On the G-325A, would he need to put his original BC name in the space for "All other names used" (even though he's never actually used that name)?

Also, on his NSO BC, it now shows on the side something that says "Pursuant to the decision rendered by ___ dated ___, the child's first name is hereby changed from ___ to ___." If we do need to send a copy of his BC (either now or for interview later), will that statement do, or does he need an actual court order paper?

Thank you in advance for any advice you could give us! :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Philippines

Just use his "legal" name for all forms (which will be the name as he had it offically changed), don't need to send documents that are not requested. When interview time comes at the embassy is when the BC and pertainent documents of name change will be needed.

Edited by Hank_Amy


"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"



HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...