trupnay5

Name change

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! My fiance (from Iligan City) and I are trying to get everything together for our K-1 petition. I've read through the guides and everything, but I just had a few questions.

1) My fiance had his first name on his birth certificate officially changed in 2009. However, he has always used this 2nd name since he was little...he never once used the name on his original birth certificate. The guide does not mention sending in a copy of the fiance's BC, but I'm wondering if I should since it's a name change. The guide states to show proof of legal name change if using a name other than what's shown on relevant documents. The only actual document with his original first name is his original BC.

2) On the G-325A, would he need to put his original BC name in the space for "All other names used" (even though he's never actually used that name)?

Also, on his NSO BC, it now shows on the side something that says "Pursuant to the decision rendered by ___ dated ___, the child's first name is hereby changed from ___ to ___." If we do need to send a copy of his BC (either now or for interview later), will that statement do, or does he need an actual court order paper?

Thank you in advance for any advice you could give us! :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just use his "legal" name for all forms (which will be the name as he had it offically changed), don't need to send documents that are not requested. When interview time comes at the embassy is when the BC and pertainent documents of name change will be needed.

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.