garrobito

..My game plan...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well.. here we are..

I gonna be married on Bogota this year on August, we have a almost 3 years relationship and it's time to tide the knot...

After a lot of thinking and read everything about visas, we choose go with a IR-1/CR-1 visa so I expect another 9 months living separate each other until next year she could immigrate to USA.

Our situation is a little particular, my girlfriend is 23 years younger than me so I gonna avoid the K-1 rejection and go directly with a wife visa.

What do your thinks about it? I read a lot of rejection based on age difference between couples and I don't want to spend money and time and then go with a wife visa..

Any tough will be appreciated it! Remember, we have now 3 years relationship, solid, good, reliable.

..En la noche mas oscura, sigo siendo luz....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you should not have any problems with the age.it would be a good idea to go to the interview with her. have a lot of evidence of your relationship, trips to colombia, dates, a lot of pictures togather, e. mails, skpe.receipts, if you used your amt there get receipts,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think is a good idea going with IR- 1/ CR1 it takes more time but if everything is like you said, you will get it, about your age I think it doesnt matter if she is a older woman, for example: she is 28 at least but no a 20 girl with a 43 man because things maybe get wrong, other than that I think everything is going to be alright. I hope you the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well.. here we are..

I gonna be married on Bogota this year on August, we have a almost 3 years relationship and it's time to tide the knot...

After a lot of thinking and read everything about visas, we choose go with a IR-1/CR-1 visa so I expect another 9 months living separate each other until next year she could immigrate to USA.

Our situation is a little particular, my girlfriend is 23 years younger than me so I gonna avoid the K-1 rejection and go directly with a wife visa.

What do your thinks about it? I read a lot of rejection based on age difference between couples and I don't want to spend money and time and then go with a wife visa..

Any tough will be appreciated it! Remember, we have now 3 years relationship, solid, good, reliable.

I doubt the age difference will be an issue, going through Colombia trip reports you will be hard pressed to find rejections other than for things such as missing documents.. 9 months from the time you file is about right.. so If you file right after getting married (get everything filled out that you can beforehand and have a list of what you need from her so you can get it when you go down for the wedding) you could be looking at next May.. fun stuff! :)

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As long as you have plenty of evidence to back up your relationship you should be OK. If you need more information about the process in Bogotá, you can read the Colombia Club threads. I would also recommend reading the EZGuideSpouse which has a lot of information regarding the CR1 visa process, especially at the NVC level.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.