Jim T

Expence Issues B4 Traveling

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok all, I am planning on Going to Manila in September (actually Cavite City) to visit my SO and her 2 boys, for the first time. I will be staying at the Island cove Resort while I am there and I guess what I'm needed to know now is about how much can I expect to pay for food while I am there. I will be there for 5 days, and I am planning on paying for the 4 of us, 3 meals a day. Well acutually, 2 meals a day as the breakfest is included with the Hotel stay.

I've tried looking up the average costs for meals there but the only thing I really found was prices for the local Mcdonalds, and lord know, I sure as heck don't wish to be eating all of our meals there, LOL So, maybe someone here who has been there recently can try & give me a break down of the various costs. I do know that the resort has several establishments on site, but i am hoping to be able to get out & do a little exploration in the local area as well.

OH!! YEAH!! Does anyone know if there is a place close by to Cavite City where one can either Scuba Dive or snorkel (My favorite hobby, LOL) I have yet to find out if there are any close by public beaches there.

Thanks

Ok all, I am planning on Going to Manila in September (actually Cavite City) to visit my SO and her 2 boys, for the first time. I will be staying at the Island cove Resort while I am there and I guess what I'm needed to know now is about how much can I expect to pay for food while I am there. I will be there for 5 days, and I am planning on paying for the 4 of us, 3 meals a day. Well acutually, 2 meals a day as the breakfest is included with the Hotel stay.

I've tried looking up the average costs for meals there but the only thing I really found was prices for the local Mcdonalds, and lord know, I sure as heck don't wish to be eating all of our meals there, LOL So, maybe someone here who has been there recently can try & give me a break down of the various costs. I do know that the resort has several establishments on site, but i am hoping to be able to get out & do a little exploration in the local area as well.

OH!! YEAH!! Does anyone know if there is a place close by to Cavite City where one can either Scuba Dive or snorkel (My favorite hobby, LOL) I have yet to find out if there are any close by public beaches there.

Thanks

Food is cheap! don’t sweat the small stuff.....

Have a good time.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

hi there i am from Cavite and i know Island cove as well there are a lot of places where you can actually try to eat at a very affordable prices if you have a transpo service like car or van much better that way you can also go to the nearest mall, nearby resto or explore Cavite too, ummm the nearest and best place to go scuba is Anilao Batangas actually not that near but its worth the trip going there it is scuba haven for people like you hehe :thumbs: ... good luck on your trip have fun and enjoy! :dance:

All I know, is that I need you... I need you in my life as much as I need food or water or air to breathe - for the longest time, I've had this thirst deep inside... only to be known and understood and be loved for who I am. I have longed for someone, someone like you - to share my life with... all the ups and downs and everything in between. then out of no where - you walked into my life, quenching my thirst, satisfying my longing. and I know from every thing with in - that you are the one... you're the one I've been waiting for all this time. I want and I need you - more than I can usually find words to say... But today and always - please believe and know that you're the one for me and I'll hold you close and I'll never want to let you go...

June 2010: Met online via dating site

Oct.25,2010: He came here to meet me and my family and proposed in a lunch organized by my sister and me of course!

Nov.6, 2010: He went back to US

April 26, 2011: Came back for our wedding

May 17, 2011: The big day!!! We finally exchanged "I DO's"

Aug. 8, 2011: Sent complete Package of I-130

Aug. 26,2011: NOA1 (it was a very stressful long wait!)

March 1, 2012: NOA2 the moment we've been waiting finally here!!!

March 20, 2012: I called NVC got our MNL case# and IIN and sent my DS3032 via email

March 22, 2012: Received 2 Emails from NVC PAOSF I-130 and ACL

March 24, 2012: AOS paid online

March 27, 2012: AOS PAYMENT ACCEPTED

april 04, 2012: AOS PACKAGE ON ITS WAY TO NVC

April 04, 2012: IV bill paid

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

I have been to Philippines 3 times and the local food is pretty cheap. I spent about 15 USD a day in Makati, Manila. Cavite will be about the same or a little bit cheaper. Suggest cooking. You save half of not more than that per day.

Here is a website I use with price break downs for Philippines

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Philippines

I am not sure about any scuba diving in Cavite City. You can try Laguna, Batangas

The best diving sites are Cebu, Boracay, Palawan, Puerto Galera, Dumaguete

Here are some reviews and info on scuba diving in Philippines:

http://www.beachcitiesscuba.com/lagunaseasports/

http://www.scubadivephilippines.com/SCUBAtopdivesites.shtml

http://www.scubatravel.co.uk/philippines/phildive.html

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

Thanks for the insight folks it will come in handy. Any tips / tricks / or need to knows about the Arrival & depature from MLN International Airport? Ie,any additional fees, where & how to pay them, what to be on the look out for (scammers etc) My SO said she will meet me there when my flight gets in (around 9pm) and will take me back for my 9am departure.

Thanks Ahead of time.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the insight folks it will come in handy. Any tips / tricks / or need to knows about the Arrival & depature from MLN International Airport? Ie,any additional fees, where & how to pay them, what to be on the look out for (scammers etc) My SO said she will meet me there when my flight gets in (around 9pm) and will take me back for my 9am departure.

Thanks Ahead of time.

Who is picking you up at the airport? Your SO can rent a driver and meet you there, and many of the hotels have courtesy services, although they are not always reliable. Beware of airport taxis, they are known to cheat at best, and roll at worst, arriving tourists. Beware of "helpful" people, they will expect some recompense, or lead you into a bad situation. When you arrive, clear customs, and finally get your luggage, you will exit the terminal, and see a wall of people on the other side of the railing meeting arrivals. If you survive all that, the rest is easy.

When you are finished with your visit, and arriving back at the airport, make sure you have some pesos on you, as you will have to pay the airport tax before you can clear customs.

750 PP, best I can tell.

I just left last month and Airport tax was 550

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/PH-Philippines-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm

Beware of street vendor food. Most is ok but it is a gamble and the last thing you want is to be down for a couple of days :no: Hope you have a great time!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After you clear customs at the Manila airport...you have to cross the street and then go down a ramp. Let your girlfriend negotiate the Taxi fare to Cavite or let them run the meter, either way it won't be too expensive. Once your in Cavite don't be scared to ride the Jeepney's for cheap transportation. Food is cheap..4 people can eat at Jollibee for the equivilant of 7USD or less. Have a good time, keep your head on a swivel until you get used the surroundings and try not to look lost. Try to use ATM's inside of the Bank, and break your money down when ever you can. Don't carry around all 500's. Make change where ever you can and get a bunch of 20's, 50's and 100 peso bills.

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Ahead of time.

No fees when you arrive, unless you are staying more than 21 days, then you can pay for the extended visa. You will be "greeted" by some guys trying to help you get a taxi or ? but other then that you will be good to go being your Fiancee will be there.

550 Php airport fee when you leave, so make sure to keep some Pesos in your pocket for the airport, even though I did notice this time that they are accept VISA/MC (they may have last year also but I didn't notice on the booth.

And yes, when you exit the terminal cross the street and go down the ramp that is where everyone will be waiting. Guards are "interesting" about sharing the information... $$$

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Awesome feed back all I kniow that this will come in handy. Thanks

Here is another set of questions / concerns:

We know that definately, we would like to marry. I know that I would like to be able to Adopt her two boys after we get them here, mainly to give these boys a true sence of belonging to a real family. So, what would be helpful to me is the Actual, step by step (forms & applications) in which to file, at what time to file them in the order in which they need to be filed, etc. We would Love to be able to bring both boys with her when she's approved to come to the US on a K1 (we are thinking that this would be the best and fastest way) but we could be wrong, so we are once again, turning to the experts :P

Please feel free to go into as much debths on this matter as you wish as we feel that there can never be any too much of information.

Thanks

Jim

Filed: Timeline

Awesome feed back all I kniow that this will come in handy. Thanks

Here is another set of questions / concerns:

We know that definately, we would like to marry. I know that I would like to be able to Adopt her two boys after we get them here, mainly to give these boys a true sence of belonging to a real family. So, what would be helpful to me is the Actual, step by step (forms & applications) in which to file, at what time to file them in the order in which they need to be filed, etc. We would Love to be able to bring both boys with her when she's approved to come to the US on a K1 (we are thinking that this would be the best and fastest way) but we could be wrong, so we are once again, turning to the experts :P

Please feel free to go into as much debths on this matter as you wish as we feel that there can never be any too much of information.

Thanks

Jim

Adoption is covered under state law, and will vary by state. The usual method is to prepare a petition and submit it to the court. Once the fees are paid, and if the court approves, you will receive the report of adoption.

North Carolina: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/pdf/ByArticle/Chapter_48/Article_4.pdf

Edited by ☼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.