MnnnB

Ghana Residence Permit

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Folks, A friend at work just introduced me to to this website..Please I really need your urgent response to this post. Here is my story. I am a USC and my fiance is a Nigeria who has been living in Ghana Illegally for 4yrs now. I have visited him in Ghana couple of times and we also went to Nigeria to see his family. We got our packet 3 and 4 with interview date at the Accra consulate just yesterday and we learnt that he will need a residence permit before he can be granted an interview.. Now our concern are these:

During my visit to him, he was in Ghana Illegal and most of our proof of relationship are from Ghana.

He's been doing his own business in Ghana and for him to get a residence permit, he will have to register his business which he is cool with. But now he is confused, thinking there would be a problem during his interview because he was an illegal residence during my visits to him in Ghana and now his Ghana residence permit will be issued close to his interview date.

Does anyone knows how this will work...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Was in a similar situation a couple of years ago but the only different is that I was there legally as a Nigerian. He is not living in Ghana illegally courtesy of Ecowas treaty which allows member states to move freely in all the countries, however he is a non documented alien, that is more appropriate to his situation. He surely needs a resident permit in order to have a successful interview in Ghana. If his business is legal and already registered in Ghana then it wont be a problem to get the resident permit. Its easier to get it when you have a legitimate stuff that you are doing in Ghana such as: schooling, Working e.t.c. He can get it within a week all things being equal. But if he has something up his sleeves then he will have diffuculty getting through it. I lived in Ghana for 6 years so I know quite a lot about the processes. If the petition is yet to arrive in Ghana even if it has already arrived in Ghana, you can still have it re-routed to Nigeria to avoid some unnecessary dramas, that will only set u back for a couple of weeks but it is better than to have the whole thing denied. You will only have to pay for police clearance as an undocumented alien for $200 as oppose to paying $20 or less as a legal resident. The difference is clear but that is the way it is over there. PM me should u need more clarifications as I will be happy to help out! Smile!

Citizenship window opens since October 26th 2013...
CITIZENSHIP Track:
Eligibility Criteria: 3 years
10-26-2013: Eligibility Date
12-06-2013:Application Sent
12-09-2013: Application Received and Priority Date
12-11-2013: Check Cashed
12-18-2013: Bio-metric Letter sent Date
01-07-2014: Bio-metric Date
01-07-2014: In-line for Interview
05-07-2014: Interview Letter Received
06-09-2014: Interview Passed
07-18-2014: Oath Ceremony
Naturalized as a US citizen!!!

Visa Journey officially Over on 07/18/2014

Glory be to the Lord the giver of all things

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.