survivingnemo

Both marriage certificate and Divorce certificate ?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hi there,

I am filing for my mother. My parents divorced twice (remarried a few days later after the first divorce) and my mother doesn't have any of the papers other than the most recent divorce paper.

Does she need to have both the marriage and divorce certificates notorized ?

Thank you very much !

P.S. How many copies of each document, such as divorce certificate and birth certificate,do we need for the whole application?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would have everything translated and notarized, we got two copies so their was always an original in our possession if needed. Submit a good color copy, follow the instructions, and see the guides.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

I would have everything translated and notarized, we got two copies so their was always an original in our possession if needed. Submit a good color copy, follow the instructions, and see the guides.

Thank you Bigdog !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Can she get the prior divorce paper at the PSB where her hukuo is located, or no ?

documents stuff:

1. photocopies into USCIS with the I-130

2. white books into NVC. Scans into NVC if utilising NVC Electronic Processing.

3. use NVC EP? Show originals on document intake day/interview day in Guangzhou.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Many thanks again to you Darnell :thumbs:... for the link too!

My parents got married in 1976 and divorced in 1986. Within a month they remarried. Finally they got divorced in 2007.

Do you think it's ok if she gets the marriage license from 1976 and the divorce paper from 2007 notarized?

I mailed I-130 on 5/2/2012 and included my birth certificate which I acquired almost ten years ago right before I came to the US. It has my mother's name, but not her birthday information. I was afraid that it's not sufficient. But I received I-797C on 5/7/2012. I assume it's ok so far.

Is it true that the non-criminal record expires in a year and should be done the last minute?

Ryan's stuff is very helpful and I am going to use EP for sure...

Timeline

I just looked at DS-230 form. Under question 9.Marital Status, she needs to answer HOW MANY times she has been married including her present marriage.

Gee, technically, it should be twice although it's the same person and then she has to get two marriage and two divorce papers notarized.

But she can't find any proof about the first divorce paper.

What should we do :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.