Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Both marriage certificate and Divorce certificate ?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

I am filing for my mother. My parents divorced twice (remarried a few days later after the first divorce) and my mother doesn't have any of the papers other than the most recent divorce paper.

Does she need to have both the marriage and divorce certificates notorized ?

Thank you very much !

P.S. How many copies of each document, such as divorce certificate and birth certificate,do we need for the whole application?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have everything translated and notarized, we got two copies so their was always an original in our possession if needed. Submit a good color copy, follow the instructions, and see the guides.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can she get the prior divorce paper at the PSB where her hukuo is located, or no ?

documents stuff:

1. photocopies into USCIS with the I-130

2. white books into NVC. Scans into NVC if utilising NVC Electronic Processing.

3. use NVC EP? Show originals on document intake day/interview day in Guangzhou.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks again to you Darnell :thumbs:... for the link too!

My parents got married in 1976 and divorced in 1986. Within a month they remarried. Finally they got divorced in 2007.

Do you think it's ok if she gets the marriage license from 1976 and the divorce paper from 2007 notarized?

I mailed I-130 on 5/2/2012 and included my birth certificate which I acquired almost ten years ago right before I came to the US. It has my mother's name, but not her birthday information. I was afraid that it's not sufficient. But I received I-797C on 5/7/2012. I assume it's ok so far.

Is it true that the non-criminal record expires in a year and should be done the last minute?

Ryan's stuff is very helpful and I am going to use EP for sure...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at DS-230 form. Under question 9.Marital Status, she needs to answer HOW MANY times she has been married including her present marriage.

Gee, technically, it should be twice although it's the same person and then she has to get two marriage and two divorce papers notarized.

But she can't find any proof about the first divorce paper.

What should we do :dance:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.