cmccull809

LPR petitioning for children

5 posts in this topic

Good evening friends,

I am a US citizen and I petitioned for my mother under IR-5 category. She is now a permanent resident and want to petition for my brother that is under 18 and unmarried. I read from the instructions for form I-130, it says if you are a lawful permanent resident of United States, you may file for this form for your unmarried child under age 21, your unmarried son or daughter age 21 or older. It's says if your relatives qualifies under this categories, separate petitions are not required for his or her unmarried under 21 years of age. Does my brother qualify if my mom was petitioned as IR-5 and now a permanent resident? What step should my mother do to get her son over? She is also wanting to petition for my other siblings that is over 21 and unmarried, she has to pay separate fees for each child, 420 x the number of children she wants to petition right? And separateI-130 application forms?

There is a question in the 1-130 form from the next page, D. Other information, question number 1. If separate petition are also being submitted for other relatives,give names of each child and relationship.

Does she have to answer same question for every application form for each child? I'm not sure what to advice my mom about this. I need your help. Thank you so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No your younger brother needs his own petition and fees and wait time. All siblings will need their own petitions and separate fees. Assuming they are the result of the same marriage much of the petition will be identical with only the names of her children and their birthdates being different.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

No your younger brother needs his own petition and fees and wait time. All siblings will need their own petitions and separate fees. Assuming they are the result of the same marriage much of the petition will be identical with only the names of her children and their birthdates being different.

Thank you! Can my mother use a credit card to pay for the application through immigration centers? Or can I use my personal check to pay for the applications for my mother if we mail it to USCIS.

• 1 month later...

Good evening friends,

I am a US citizen and I petitioned for my mother under IR-5 category. She is now a permanent resident and want to petition for my brother that is under 18 and unmarried. I read from the instructions for form I-130, it says if you are a lawful permanent resident of United States, you may file for this form for your unmarried child under age 21, your unmarried son or daughter age 21 or older. It's says if your relatives qualifies under this categories, separate petitions are not required for his or her unmarried under 21 years of age. Does my brother qualify if my mom was petitioned as IR-5 and now a permanent resident? What step should my mother do to get her son over? She is also wanting to petition for my other siblings that is over 21 and unmarried, she has to pay separate fees for each child, 420 x the number of children she wants to petition right? And separateI-130 application forms?

There is a question in the 1-130 form from the next page, D. Other information, question number 1. If separate petition are also being submitted for other relatives,give names of each child and relationship.

Does she have to answer same question for every application form for each child? I'm not sure what to advice my mom about this. I need your help. Thank you so much

How many years has your mother been a permanent resident before she petitioned your brother?

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.