Delhiguy

Thailand visit, advise please

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

This is kind of completely the wrong place to post this question, but I decided to try anyway. My fiance and I are planning a visit to Bangkok and Phuket for New Year's while our K-1 is being processed. This is our first visit for both of us to Thailand and I am trying to book the tickets online. Flights from India are not a major problem but I was wondering whether anyone knows of a good site (possibly cheap) to book hotels at Patong Beach, Phuket for the New year's week?

I have been to a couple of sites, but they take time answering back and both of them take like upto 24 hours to actually answer back for a reservation and it was full for all the hotels I asked. Tried to go through a travel agent, but they have even higher rates than online. If anybody knows of a good htoel or two in the Patong Beach area, please do advise too! I have read of a couple of bad reviews that the pics don't do jsutice to reality, especially for the older hotels....

I know its peak season, and rates are higher than usual, which is fine with me, but I am just not good at searching on the net for hotels, never have been, so any advise would be appreciated - please help!

10-19-2006 Sent I-129

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey, Have fun in Thailand!!!!! wish i could go back there soon... hmmm... making money :whistle:

well... in Bangkok...do u have specific location you would like to be? in the city, a little away from the city, near the river, easy access to stuff.... i need more info... i know some cheap and clean hotel in BKK

for Phuket... umm.. does it has to be Phuket? I can ask my friends for you.. My grandparents also live there... so give me sometime I can try..

But I have several Island to recommend though.. becasue I dont like Phuket (accept to visit my grandparents) as it's not so nature anymore compaire to the Island on the other side of Thailand... I love Koh Tao.. been there several time and have place to recommend for you too... :D Let me know what you decide :D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey There!

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, for bangkok, I am not too sure, my fiance would like to do some shopping, and maybe we will visit a couple of the sighseeing sites, so maybe in the city would be fine, or even like something accessible. We ar ready to pay upto like 120/130 USD per night, particularly in Phuket, but Bangkok as well...though cheaper would do, as long as the hotel is conveniently located....

The fiance really wants to do Phuket and specifically patong Beach, not my real choice actually, but she wants to do the whole touristy thing, so who am I to argue :) I just want to be with her, we ahven't been together in such a loooonnnnggg time.... So if you could ask someone how to book or soemthing it would be absolutely great!

Niten

10-19-2006 Sent I-129

• 2 weeks later...
Hey There!

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, for bangkok, I am not too sure, my fiance would like to do some shopping, and maybe we will visit a couple of the sighseeing sites, so maybe in the city would be fine, or even like something accessible. We ar ready to pay upto like 120/130 USD per night, particularly in Phuket, but Bangkok as well...though cheaper would do, as long as the hotel is conveniently located....

The fiance really wants to do Phuket and specifically patong Beach, not my real choice actually, but she wants to do the whole touristy thing, so who am I to argue :) I just want to be with her, we ahven't been together in such a loooonnnnggg time.... So if you could ask someone how to book or soemthing it would be absolutely great!

Niten

My fiancee and i were in Phuket a few months back. And we did the whole phi phi island tour. And it was great. If you fly to phuket from bangkok, then youll end up at the domestic airport in phuket. There was a great vacation package counter right in the lobby. I booked a hotel and a island hopping trip right through them. Great deal. We stayed at Royal Palms in Phuket. Great place and the staff were the friendliest ive ever met. I recommend checking out there vacation packages right at the airport.

21FUNNY.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.