US Canadian Desi

Stay of Removal Order

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have a stay of removal order in Canada for 2 years, what is the status of that person? Are they still a permanent resident of Canada?

11-25-2011 - NOA1 - Applied for K-1 Fiancee Visa for my Canadian love living in Vancouver from Pakistan, sent package to California
04-23-2012 - NOA2 - Application Approved, waiting for interview date.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Email from Vancouver consulate that we are receiving letter to send packet 3.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Packet 3 - Letter received to submit DS-230 and Checklist to get a interview scheduled.
12-07-2012 - Interview - Received white paper requesting more documents.

04-10-2013 - Sent additional documents via Loomis for Van Consulate.

05-10-2013 - Email stating passport is at Loomis for pick up.

05-13-2013 - Passport returned requesting 1. Police Reports which we have previously submitted 2 times and also stated 2. Administrative Processing.

08-29-2013 - Received letter stating Visa Denied due to Moral Turpitude, Also note that we can apply for wavier I-601

12-31-2013 - Receipt date for I-601 Waiver - Waiting for results.

07-10-2014 - Interview, Visa Approved, Administrative Processing.... waiting....

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

11-18-2014- flight booked for Fiance

1-2015 -Married, Registered for SSN, Registered for AOS, Work Permit and Advance Parole

10-2015 - AOS interview, approved.

Approximately 4 year journey to get everything done.

8-2017- Filed for Green Card - USCIS I-751 Petition (Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status )

Waiting to hear back on getting a Green Card....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you have a stay of removal order in Canada for 2 years, what is the status of that person? Are they still a permanent resident of Canada?

Unfortunately, no. On the day that an order of removal comes into force, a Permanent Resident loses their status and once again becomes a foreign National. If the removal order is cancelled, then they are allowed to re-apply for PR Status. When the temporary time is up, then the order will be enforced.

You will want to read about Stay of Removal Orders here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf10-eng.pdf

Read chapters 10 to 12.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Unfortunately, no. On the day that an order of removal comes into force, a Permanent Resident loses their status and once again becomes a foreign National. If the removal order is cancelled, then they are allowed to re-apply for PR Status. When the temporary time is up, then the order will be enforced.

You will want to read about Stay of Removal Orders here: http://www.cic.gc.ca...s/enf10-eng.pdf

Read chapters 10 to 12.

If they lost their status then does that mean they cannot interview at the US embassy in Canada since they currently have no legal status in Canada? or can they still interview because its a stay of removal order?

Also It wont let me read the PDF link you posted.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Hmm - I'll see if I can get the proper link.

They should still be able to interview because they are still legally in Canada. Basically, they are in removal proceedings but something has come up - and it could be a variety of reasons from unrest in their home country, to spending time in a prison in Canada to being a witness for a crime and having to testify in court or there are procedural challenges that have been made, etc. - so even though they are no longer a PR, they still have a legal status given to them by the Canadian government as they wait for the temporary stay of deportation to end. The reason for that removal order may be a problem with immigration to the US, though.

See if this works: www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf10-eng.pdf

hmm - the copy and paste function doesn't activate it either. Ok - here is the search I used: http://www.google.co...iw=1348&bih=645

It is currently the 5th item down but of course that may change so look for the item listed above. It is titled (PDF) ENF-10 Removals Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Hmm - I'll see if I can get the proper link.

They should still be able to interview because they are still legally in Canada. Basically, they are in removal proceedings but something has come up - and it could be a variety of reasons from unrest in their home country, to spending time in a prison in Canada to being a witness for a crime and having to testify in court or there are procedural challenges that have been made, etc. - so even though they are no longer a PR, they still have a legal status given to them by the Canadian government as they wait for the temporary stay of deportation to end. The reason for that removal order may be a problem with immigration to the US, though.

Okay interesting, i'm curious about this and the outcome if OP is in this predicament. Haven't seen any other posts about this type of issue before.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

My fiance already had a hearing and they put him on stay of removal for 2 years, so my question is what is his status, he has been a permanent resident of Canada for 10 years. We applied before his case date and we had hoped that the removal would be cancelled but unfortunately he was put on stay of removal instead. Please pray and let me know what his status is? He works here, he went to school here, his entire family is in Canada, he does not plan to travel anywhere except the U.S. Please Please pray for us.

so my question is what is his status?

Edited by US Canadian Desi

11-25-2011 - NOA1 - Applied for K-1 Fiancee Visa for my Canadian love living in Vancouver from Pakistan, sent package to California
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Email from Vancouver consulate that we are receiving letter to send packet 3.
07-23-2012 - NOA3 - Packet 3 - Letter received to submit DS-230 and Checklist to get a interview scheduled.

05-13-2013 - Passport returned requesting 1. Police Reports which we have previously submitted 2 times and also stated 2. Administrative Processing.

08-29-2013 - Received letter stating Visa Denied due to Moral Turpitude, Also note that we can apply for wavier I-601

07-10-2014 - Interview, Visa Approved, Administrative Processing.... waiting....

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

1-2015 -Married, Registered for SSN, Registered for AOS, Work Permit and Advance Parole

8-2017- Filed for Green Card - USCIS I-751 Petition (Form CRI-89, Petition to Remove Conditions of Permanent Resident Status )

Timeline

My fiance already had a hearing and they put him on stay of removal for 2 years, so my question is what is his status, he has been a permanent resident of Canada for 10 years. We applied before his case date and we had hoped that the removal would be cancelled but unfortunately he was put on stay of removal instead. Please pray and let me know what his status is? He works here, he went to school here, his entire family is in Canada, he does not plan to travel anywhere except the U.S. Please Please pray for us.

so my question is what is his status?

What country is he from?

Kathryn41 responded above as to his status.

Timeline

He is from Pakistan, He has applied for Canadian Citizenship as he qualifies but unfortunately at the time they could not grant him due to the case pending and now the stay of removal. Please keep us in your prayers, We really love each other and finally we got approved and now this =/

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

Timeline

So he called and found out he has no status for 2 years. So basically he will need to get a work permit in order for the Canada Immigration to proceed with our K-1. =( I am really sad and going into depression, We both love each other and their is an obstacle around every corner. I really need your prayers and good wishes.

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

Timeline

So he called and found out he has no status for 2 years. So basically he will need to get a work permit in order for the Canada Immigration to proceed with our K-1. =( I am really sad and going into depression, We both love each other and their is an obstacle around every corner. I really need your prayers and good wishes.

When he does get all this sorted out so that he can interview in Canada, he will be put into AP because of the country he is from, especially for males. Be prepared for this because it can take quite a long time as they do not have a required time frame to complete AP. It can take a few months to a year, I have seen a couple going 2 years before AP was ended.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

my fiancee is a landed immigrant so he submitted that and now we finally are receiving packet 3.

8-1-2014 - Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.